As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cardboard Tube Samurai Cel

Kat0NinetailsKat0Ninetails Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Social Entropy++
If anyone cares I'm getting rid of my CTS cel on ebay. The link is in my sig. I will miss it but my housemate says no animated anything on the walls and CTS needs more love than being banished to it's protective cardboard box for more time.

Kat0Ninetails on

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Why doesn't your housemate allow anything animated on the walls?

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I don't think Cardboard Tube Samurai is animated though, so you're in the clear.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Because he wants the house to look like grownups live there... the bastard.

• Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote:

nah, thats just a thing kids say these days when they are addicted to meth

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    Don't you have a bedroom you could hang it in?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    As everyone knows, "grownups" only appreciate art which was drawn by people who have never even heard of the internet because they're too cultured for that.

• Options
    Gatsby wrote:

nah, thats just a thing kids say these days when they are addicted to meth

Meth would be cheaper than my anime habit a few years ago.

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    Hi lurker person

we generally don't make threads to flog wares, especially if it's "this thing I have that i want to sell"

just put it in your sig, maybe mention it in some random thread, but you're not winning any friends by demonstrating this fundamental misunderstanding of how SE++ and the PA forums in general work

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    @Kat0Ninetails Why does your housemate get to tell you how you are and are not allowed to decorate your own room? You're not even allowed to hang that on the back of your door or something?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I concur in the assessment you have put forward of your aforementioned housemate.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    smoke anime and meth daily

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Belruel wrote:

I guess. Or I could return it to it's cardboard time capsule... either way I wouldn't be seeing it much. Love the picture, I just can't see keeping it locked up any longer.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Couldn't you just explain to your housemate that they're dumb?

• Options
    Fyndir wrote:
    Couldn't you just explain to your housemate that they're dumb?

I have informed him of this many times in the process. On my plus we did compromise by getting rid of the dead animal on the wall and the Billy Bass.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    but if you hang onto it, maybe one day you will move into your own place or with your significant other and then you can hang it up later

we have like the entire Paint the Line series still wrapped up because we don't have the space for it RIGHT NOW, but we will ONE DAY

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    Belruel wrote:

I guess. Or I could return it to it's cardboard time capsule... either way I wouldn't be seeing it much. Love the picture, I just can't see keeping it locked up any longer.

I don't think you are selling your things as a favor to anyone. You are silly.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    itt: really nice, professionally drawn pictures don't belong on walls, but dead shit does.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    On my plus we did compromise by getting rid of the dead animal on the wall and the Billy Bass.

Sounds like he got the short end of the deal as those just exude adultness.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    you should hang it back up next to the billy bass

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Belruel wrote:
    Belruel wrote:

I don't think you are selling your things as a favor to anyone. You are silly.

Other than herself, natch.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I am the cleopatra of compromise

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    OK this is bugging me

What is your dang avatar from new guy

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the thing it's from and now I'm all frustrated

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote:
    OK this is bugging me

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the thing it's from and now I'm all frustrated

Zero Punctuation

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Your roommate is a silly goose if he thinks grown-ups don't ever like animated things.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Raneados wrote:
    IpseDixit wrote:
    OK this is bugging me

Zero Punctuation

Thank you rainy doodle

How you been I haven't chatted at you in forevers

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    IpseDixit wrote:
    OK this is bugging me

It's from Zero Punctuation's Dead to Rights review.

• Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    So by "grownups" does he mean out of touch old men who find things like Billy Bass just hilarious?

PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    my father was looking for an animated series on Chinese history that he saw on TV and thought was excellently drawn

and my sister (who is an illustrator/concept artist) and I went with him to Beijing's massivest bookstore to see if we could find the DVD for it so that my sister could check it out

and we asked one of the sales assistants for help, and she kept insisting we check out another, live action series, because, (her words, roughly translated) "your daughters are both adults, why would they want to watch cartoons?!"

my father about snapped her head off explaining that she is wrong and dumb and can she please just help us find what we are looking for

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote:

Your roommate is a silly goose if he thinks grown-ups don't ever like animated things.

Well he is the kind of guy that hangs up animal trophies and billy the bass.. so.. yeah.

Also new guy, why would you never be seeing it if it is hanging in your room? Are you never in your room?

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    There was an old dude in the grocery store in line in front of me being chatty and complaining about technology and the internet and how the credit card scanner asked him if it was credit or debit. He didn't like technology 'yelling at' him.

• Options
    Artreus wrote:
    Goatmon wrote:

Well he is the kind of guy that hangs up animal trophies and billy the bass.. so.. yeah.

Also new guy, why would you never be seeing it if it is hanging in your room? Are you never in your room?

New guy is actually new girl. My room is actually our room. I suppose I could hang it in my closet space.

• Options
    your housemate is dumb

in fact, it is a decidedly UN-grown-up thing to do to demand that people hang shit up that they do not like but that they think other people should like because it will make you look more sophisticated

that shit is lame, tell your housemate he is lame and sucks and if he wanted to seem more grown-up, maybe clean the damn place once in a while instead of worrying about artwork on the walls

• Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    There was an old dude in the grocery store in line in front of me being chatty and complaining about technology and the internet and how the credit card scanner asked him if it was credit or debit. He didn't like technology 'yelling at' him.

To be fair, those things are usually in all caps.

PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Oh. roommate.

well I guess that explains it? Still pretty silly though

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    thinly veiled MY GIRLFRIEND

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Why do I find this so funny

• Options
    Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

I have it on good authority that women get both final say and full veto power when it comes to all things related to domestic decoration.

Are you telling me that my girlfriend was wrong, new girl?

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    It's like if Tim and Eric did a commercial for the singing fish

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    that fish has a career as a death metal vocalist

This discussion has been closed.