Options

ps3 dts sound help

Conroy BumpasConroy Bumpas Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
i have ps3 old and chunky, and a cambridge works DTT3500 5.1 dolby digital system. Basicly blu rays used play in 5.1. Some one cocked with my set up. And all the speekers work and set up right. Threw optical in. On the ps3 if i have dolby 5.1 it only plays thew 2 speekers. And if i set it to dts 5.1 i get sound in munus but no sound during the film. I use the xbox with the system and thats all in 5.1 properly. Any one who what i should have the options set on the ps3. Ta

Please note I cannot be held responsible for any mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, karma, dharma, metaphysical, religious, philosophical, Logical , Ethical, Aesthetical, or financial damage caused by this post
Conroy Bumpas on

• Options
    MushroomStickMushroomStick Registered User regular
    I just skimmed through a pdf of the user manual. As far as I can tell, the DTT3500 does not support DTS surround. Try regular Dolby Digital.

• Options
    yeah i know it dosnt play DTS . on the ps3 if i have dolby 5.1 salected under the sound options it only plays out the front two speekers. its used to play in 5.1. also the menus play in 5.1 but when the film starts if you press select at the top of the screen it says sound out put is DTS. there must be some other option on the ps3 someware to make it play in dolby 5.1

Please note I cannot be held responsible for any mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, karma, dharma, metaphysical, religious, philosophical, Logical , Ethical, Aesthetical, or financial damage caused by this post
  • Options
    Go to settings, scroll down to sound settings,select audio output settings, select optical digital, then check mark an option that is compatible with your stuff - probably dolby digital 5.1, makes sure DTS 5.1 Ch. is not checked.

• Options
    have done. Dolby digital is checked and games are playing in it. But blu rays are still playing in dts..... There must be an option. It was sorking before i lent it to a mate who just changed to to hdmi. Now ive changed it back it wont work. Menues of the blu rays are in dolby but films arnt. Its like teres an option someware thats telling the disk to play in dts and not dolby. This is so annoying

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    The PS3 has a list of checkboxes for which audio formats to support. Make sure those match up to what your system can receive and what your media is trying to use.

It might take playing with but you should be able to find the right combination if you had it working before.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    You're not hooking up your video through hdmi? Make sure you don't plug in the audio rca cables. For whatever reason, your setup might be preferring them if they are still in the loop.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I would go and look up the exact areas and settings but my roommates PS3 died recently. :<

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    video options set to hdmi only and sound set to optical only 5.1 and the 2 defalt ones that you cant uncheck. There is no other sound options. Everything plays in 5.1 except blu rays witch when you press select and it gives you all the info the are playing in Dts. Useing the exact same set up as before no extra cables. All i can think of is that when my mayes swiched it all to hdmi only its changed a settimg someware......

• Options
    Do the specific blurays you are trying to play offer a 5.1 surround option that is supported by your equipment?

• Options
    all blu rays as far as i know are dolby and dts

• Options
    all blu rays as far as i know are dolby and dts

Bluray players are required to support Dolby Digital, DTS, and linear PCM. Bluray discs are only required to have any one of those 3.