As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Fall of Raam - OOC

• Options
    srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    It's cool if we get in we can retcon it to me saying "job" instead of templar and just implying that you are a scumbag instead of right out saying it. You know, to hold it over your head.

You may think it is semi-contemptuous but Carc really hates you.

Ouch. Next time I'll ask permission. O_o

Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    No no it's totally cool, I really like that you came up with a shared background. I just think it will be more interesting to play out where our characters have different feelings and motivations. Carc probably hates your character for something completely silly that you didn't notice or aren't aware of or didn't actually happen, just to play up the fact that my character is kind of an idiot with a self-destructive streak. Basically he's a jerk.

• Options
    CadmusCadmus Registered User regular
    I was torn between essentials Fighter or Paladin and artificer. Ended up going with artificer because I haven't played a healer in a long time and the class seems awesome. Kind of a cross between steampunk and fantasy.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Alright, recruitment closed. I'll have the party picked in a couple hours and an IC thread up at some point tomorrow.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    My decisions, based on certain factors that will become more known in the future, are as follows:

Raqib and Hashiq, the Dervish Brothers, played by Optimus Zed and Grog, respectively.

Lendara, a Shaman played by Anialos.

Dal, an Ardent played by the Space Pope SanderJK.

Zerris, a Psion played by interrobang.

Samira Bestet, a Sorceress played by Northguard.

Thank you for everyone who applied! The decisions weren't easy, and I wish everyone who didn't get in the best of luck for the next game they apply to!

Oh, also, those are just the colors I chose arbitrarily. Feel free to choose your own for in-character stuff, just try to make sure everyone's are different =)

Expect the IC thread to be up around 6pm Pacific time tomorrow.

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Cool

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I claim purple, color of butt whooping.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i'm gonna stick with teal, color of egotistical frippery

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Green is fine with me! Now I can withdraw from any others i'm app'd to. Four is quite enough XD.

• Options
    I've always been partial to Dark Orange myself

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'll take plain red.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    It occurred to me I have to hit the grocery store on my way home from work, so the IC post will be up closer to 7 Pacific time. Sorry for the delay etc.

• Options
    I'm unavailable this thursday (18th) til monday (22nd). Bad timing, sorry.

• Options
    It happens, Grog, don't worry about it. I'll be moving around September 16 and won't be available for a few days, too, so it is what it is.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A quick question about psionics in the setting, am I correct in assuming that being a psion / psion powered is ok, and that belonging to the secret organisation of psions is bad? Because my neither I nor the psion said anything about their abilities openly, I wonder how much of a taboo it is.
    The sorceress.... that will be interesting.

• Options
    my admittedly-limited understanding of the dark sun universe is that being a psionic is a-okay and that it's accepted as a normal part of life

it's arcane magics (like that of our sorceress) that people generally frown on, since defiling magic made Athas into the world it is

• Options
    Being psionic is completely normal. No danger there. Being a member of A psionic organization is also pretty normal.

Being a member of The Order is a big deal and well beyond the scope of first level characters.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Yep! Being psionic in Athas is not super unusual, and iirc most of the city-states don't have forced enrollment programs in their local psionics school. I think maybe Gulg or Balic does, but I don't have time to read the book during my lunch break!

• Options
    Urik has a city school that everyone with potential is required to attend. Gulg takes children with psionic talent and puts them into a special dagada where they are trained. Balic has an excellent school that is open to all citizens, but attendence is not mandatory.

• Options
    Super exciting day at work today! A "microburst" affected the intersection leading into our clinic's business complex, knocking over several choice power poles. One of which landed squarely into our lit advertisement sign. Much to our chagrin, not only did we lose power, but there were fucking power lines draped across the only exit. So, not only did I get out of work about four hours late but I am also now at my folks house, typing this on my mom's shitty Qosmio laptop. This thing has Vista. Please save me =(

Anyway, since it does seem the party is of two minds on how to proceed, splitting the group to do two tasks simultaneously is always a good idea in D&D, right? I believe Gary Gygax once said, "Always split the party." Pretty sure that's it. Yep. Definitely.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    It doesn't sound like this Gary person knows much about D&D

Grog on
  • Options
    nothing bad ever came of splitting the party

this can only end in wonder

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    I'm sure nothing bad will happen to the group in the lower city while the leader hangs out with the crazy people. That would just be terrible.

• Options
    Shortest PbP campaign ever.

Start to completion in two pages.

• Options
    Let me get some more fluff in, maybe I can stretch it to three pages =p.

• Options
    Might be even better to just have the leaders go insane instead of killing anyone. "Hey, Lendara, where'd you get that eagle?"

"Sugar gasoline purple delightful rootbeer!"

More to the point, though: We've got the women going to poke at the injured and the men to go the Low Quarter, then?

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Yep. What with all of Athas' problems, I'm sure a bit of sexism won't go amiss

Grog on
  • Options
    I'm a bit confused, which way did I go in this split? Does "Ladies" imply male half-elfs nowadays?

• Options
    Only if you want it to *winkwink*.

• Options
    Hmm, I may have jumped the gun a bit I suppose, there, Sander. Sorry. Looked like you wanted to use your Streetwise to talk to the half-giant, although I guess that was just me misinterpreting it. If you want to go with the women to talk to the slaves, I'd be happy to write that in.

• Options
    I'm fine with going to the half-giant (Having a leader on either side sounds best), but my name wasn't in either group (unless I misread/overlooked) so I was wondering which directing I was supposed to be heading in.

• Options
    if sander is with the group talking to the half-giant, then yeah he should bust out that phat streetwise dice and roll sum twentiez

thanks WotC, for making psions a CHA-based class and not giving us streetwise as a class skill! :bz

• Options
    I've currently got you at the shop with Zerris and the dervish bros.

• Options
    NorthGuardNorthGuard Registered User regular
    I hope I'm not being picky, but I just wanted to point out that Samira hasn't outed herself as any kind of arcanist, but has claimed to be psionic. That she is a Sorceress is still OOC info. Not a bid deal, but I'm assuming we're operating under the default Dark Sun attitude towards arcane magic.

Also, I'm going to be away from the Internet starting today at 3:00 pm pacific, until Sunday evening - this is the last time that should happen for a while.

• Options
    I was operating under Samira pretending to be Psionic until she encountered a more perceptive person when she uses some powers. Given, that could be a ways away, so it'll happen when it happens =)

• Options
    Post from Afghanistan go!

• Options
    I'd like to go ahead and let everyone know there will be quite a few scenarios that pop up in the story that go like the situation in the IC thread. There will be some choices presented to the characters, and it is up to you to decide which course of action to take. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the OOC aspects of it (obviously that's what this thread is for!) but if you feel talking in character is more appropriate, by all means, take it away! I will probably not be able to update the thread until late tomorrow night, so do note that.

• Options
    I need more colors to use in chat. Anyone have a comprehensive list of every available color I can use? My google-fu is weak.

• Options
  • Options
    Bookmarked! That is clearly more colors than I can ever use, but I will try my hardest.