As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Get a hardcover book made

shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I want to take about a 50 page document and create a hardcover book out of it. I'm only looking to make a few copies of it as it's not for selling or anything. Does anyone know of a good service that can do this? The only thing I'm really looking for is the ability to edit it in the service so I can have proper fonts and such in the book.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

shadowane on

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    How many is "a few"? If you need like five copies of something, then you just take it to a printer and they can hard-bind things easily (either hand them the pdf or print it yourself on decent paper before hand). That'll run you about £20-40 a copy (just for the binding).

If a few is a couple of dozen, then you need to find a publisher that deal with small run stuff and it'll be much cheaper.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Like 3 or 4. So there's no website or something that would have formatting and stuff? Basically, a website similar to what you find for photo books except for text.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    There might be, but I doubt it.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    VanityPantsVanityPants Gokai Red! Registered User regular
    Lulu.com can do what you want.

Createspace.com might be able to as well, but I'm not sure if they have a hardcover printing option or not.

Gokai_zpsdvyiviz0.png
  • Options
    I'll check it out. Thanks!