Options

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:
    What route do you take?

I don't even know, I just know that every time we go there it's like 0 traffic on the way, but on the way back there is stand-still traffic for like an hour and several construction detours. It's maddening.

It sucks. It sucks so muchOHMYGOD....we should just go to NYC, and then take the PATH because fuck traffic. <3 trains.

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    hey riz I wasn't there on sunday but I just added you. I'll be the guy you don't recognize.

me too!

Ha, I was like, oh god strangers, what have I done.

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Can we have a game night at my apartment? The only games we will play are:

a) Clean BEAST!'s apartment
    b) Clean BEAST!'s cats (specifically their dirty butts)
    c) Go home.

It will be exciting PLUS we don't have to go to dumb ol New Jersey.
    WHATTAYASAYGANG?!?!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    worst games

or

best games?

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    I have volunteered to go play with your cats before but I didn't know I was going to have to clean them first

weren't you supposed to teach them how to do that for themselves? you are a bad cat dad!

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    KITTIES!

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Yeah we are p jealous of your cats. nex's roommate is so allergic :(

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i feel terrible i told dan i'd bring him a case of victory lager from philly like

literally a year ago

• Options
    I might forgive that av if you did

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    i feel terrible i told dan i'd bring him a case of victory lager from philly like

literally a year ago

nah nex's birthday isn't til the end of April,
    more like nine months ago

it is more like a beer promise baby!

• Options
    What the hell, aren't all cats self-maintaining?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    riz wrote:

apparently BEAST! is a BAD CAT DAD and they take after him

tapeslinger on
  • Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    EggyToast wrote:
    Rita's remark when we left: That was really fun! I had no idea there were so many other games! I thought when I heard there were more European-style games that there'd be maybe 5 other ones, but instead it's more like 20, and that's just of a certain type!

Now I just have to work on not losing terribly at each one. Damn my lack of ultra-competitiveness!

There are entire families of games and mechanics. Which is why when tapeslinger was asking "can you describe this game?" earlier, it was so difficult for me to answer that question. Everything borrows a little thing from everything else, and sometimes the introduction of a new mechanic doesn't mean that the mechanic will even be fluidly implemented until four generations later. Sometimes games are improved by expansions, and oddly enough some games are made worse (see Race for the Galaxy).

Competitiveness is not necessarily good. I'd much rather lose trying to do something that interests me than win doing something boring.

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    What Litejedi said. For example, Defenders of the Realm is my favorite board game, but it is in no way competitive. It's Dungeons and Dragons meets Pandemic, and you're all trying to survive. It's awesome.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    riz wrote:
    one is fine, the other is still a baby and smells like poop a lot!!!!!!!!!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT HE'S JUST A LITTLE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    you have committed the worst sin

talking bout kitties but not sharing pictures of kitties

• Options
    you have committed the worst sin

talking bout kitties but not sharing pictures of kitties
    and now you know
    BEAST! is also the biggest cat picture tease

• Options
    edited January 2012
    sB2cj.jpg
    nom nom nom nom nom

it is the top one that stinks

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    haha, "the top one"

That's really weird. The only cat I ever met who had a grooming issue was too fat to reach her own ass. That kitty is clearly not incapable of feats of physical prowess.

• Options
    BEAST! wrote:
    sB2cj.jpg
    nom nom nom nom nom

it is the top one that stinks
    so basically your cats are way awesome at MMA

• Options
    big cat looks mildly annoyed

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    :bz superbowl?

(did I do it right?)

• Options
    what is the what for the superbowl, anyway

I heard some team from around here is supposed to be in it

we might just hit up 9th & Coles, they will have something fun going on

• Options
    Does anyone go to these sorts of things? Or rather, would like to? http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/225983

I've always wanted to, but then I'm not sufficiently comfortable with the idea of going to a nudie show by myself, however geek-themed and silly it may be.

• Options
    burlesque is not quite nude, but I love me some burlesque in general, I would love to do that.

• Options
    Look, maybe I just wanted a reason to say "nudie show"... >_>

But yay!

• Options
    I <3 boobs so of course I am in, I would recommend for any show like this... I have not yet bought because I am mobile but this show looks great

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    :bz Valentine's Happy Hour next Friday
    Dutch Kills Long Island City

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    :bz Valentine's Happy Hour next Friday
    Dutch Kills Long Island City

Oooh! I do like Dutch Kills...I'm down!

• Options
    is that the weekend after vday or this weekend? vday is the middle of next week...
    I might be down for this assuming it goes after 7 cause I would be coming up from Soho

• Options
    let there be bees!

:bz 25th is the geek burlesque thing I think; I keep forgetting to look it up from home, I wanna do that if it is still a thing we can get tickets for

:bz sometime in March :
    Casa de Nexus is about to have a new tenant in place of creepy creep Dan! there is going to be some kind of party for this momentous event. (We also need a new foursquare name for the Casa!!)

:bz Sleep No More on March 17th
    sold out now but don't forget about it if you bought tickets for this!

ALSO ALSO :
    you nerds who want to be part of our hopefully huge Batman Rogues Gallery for the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade this year-- I need to get characters assigned so I can start working on finding costume parts and making prosthetics for you assholes. October sounds far away right now but it will be here before we know it!

@nexuscrawler has called dibs on Riddler, and @No-Quarter has a sweet sweet Scarecrow mask, but most of the rest are still undecided, so pick one and post it in here please!

also also also:
    @Deebaser did you remember to take dat pie out of your pocket last night?? ahahaha

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    That's some serious planning ahead for Halloween there! Although I happen to have both a Mad Hatter and Professor Pyg costume ready to go...and been considering trying my hand at Freeze one year, though that seems like a really really hard costume to do.

• Options
    Freeze is a tough one... but really depends how complex you want it. I just asked syndalis to be Two-Face because I will need to be able to check things as I go on that one. Mad Hatter would work well, I think

• Options
    Weekend is Coming

:bz d20 burlesque anyone? I decided to grab a few extra tickets at Will Call-- hit me up if you want one, or go buy one at the site in @riz's post: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/225983.

I picked the 9:30pm showing, it's this Saturday at Parkside Lounge, 317 E Houston St. (10002 if you need to GPS it)

• Options
    Oh yes! I didn't get a ticket myself yet so I can take one off your hands, or looks like they are still buyable on the site... let me know.

• Options
    I still have 2 extras so you are welcome to have one!

• Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    Does anyone want to play something this weekend? No weekend work so we're free both days.

3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    I think we are committed up this weekend... I work Saturday til 6 and then we are going to the burlesque (I still have 2 tickets if anyone wants to join us!!) and then Sunday it is Ikea time with syndalis

(I know you lurk but I am not sure if you know the extent of what is going on, basically Dan the shitty roommate is moving out and syndalis is taking the other bedroom!!)

• Options
    So still have 2 extra tickets for burlesque tonight guys

anyone care to join us for some boobies and booze?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I thought I was having one of those two!

Edit: did you guys want to meet up there or will you be somewhere else beforehand?

riz on