As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Our apartment is retarded cheap. 2.5 bedrooms for $1400 a month.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I will try and be there when you start but you all know how I am with punctuality. Will probably leave around five or so. Av club absolutely loved avengers by the way

• Options
    Oh and I have .... Vodka

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    I should arrive hopefully around noon or 1:00.

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I will probably be there somewhere around 11 or noon.
    I'm assuming the PATH doesn't stop running so I see no reason that I would be staying over.
    I can bring whatever, probably will bring beer, if anyone has preferences let me know and I won't buy that because fuck your preferences.

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    We'll make a BEASTwich if you stay

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Ok folks trying to gather intel on saturdays festivaties

if everyone who's coming could check in and let me know when they think they can come, if they think they'll need a place to crash, etc.

Since we're going to have a nunch of people if anyone could chip in with booze, food and other stuff it'd be helpful

I'll be there around 11 since I already planned for the full day free. I'll bring a couple cases of beer, some liquor that I have lying around and maybe a couple of snacks.

I just need space on the floor to pass out on.

• Options
    do not want

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    do not want
    You are just jealous of nex's lustrous summer coat

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

damn man

that's cray

poo
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

:O
    wurr you at
    I'd be interested in that time frame...

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    We're in Astoria. I am told its an up and coming "gay orthodox" (Autocorrect for gayborbood), but it's a prime brunch spot, walking distance to two major beer gardens. Ras and I are looking to stay there for about another six months while we get a condo purchase sorted, it'd be tight to have a roommate so we can bank more bills, but otherwise it's still the cheapest apartment I've ever had in NYC.

• Options
    Gayborhood does not autocorrect well

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    yeah, if i wasn't lazy about moving, goddamn awesome

poo
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    I will probably be there somewhere around 11 or noon.
    I'm assuming the PATH doesn't stop running so I see no reason that I would be staying over.
    I can bring whatever, probably will bring beer, if anyone has preferences let me know and I won't buy that because fuck your preferences.

This is basically my answer too. (And yay, PATH-walking buddies.) I was thinking about bringing tequila but I'll probably be lazy and just bring beer? Though tequila is easier to carry. Or maybe I should just give you money? I don't know. Also might make something sweet for snacks, depending how late I have to work tomorrow/whether I drag my ass out to see Sabaton after work...

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Tequila would be a perfect signature drink for every film...

Iron man as a reminder of tony Starks drinking problem
    Incredible bulk because, well, tequila.
    Thor fits too because the entire mythos is the result of Americans colostomy* a foreign thing with minimal understanding.

*co-opting. I'm leaving the autocorrect

• Options
    Oh we're watching the incredible bulk movie? Not really a big fan of any of the Costco documentaries.....

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Dee I think you should just disable autocorrect...

Also god damn I'm jelly at that apt rent.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I an NOT drinking any tequila.

• Options
    You'll just headbutt everybody while NOT drinking tequila? Gotcha.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    It was really more like my face stopped him from falling down on the train than like a real headbutt

it's just my nose was not really into it

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    So, as a fun aside, I have a credit card processing terminal up and running now, for you cashless people out there. Aside from making it easy to pay your 12 bucks for the avengers ticket, it also helps handling delivery orders through seamless for multiple people.

I am REALLY looking forward to this!

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    You'll just headbutt everybody while NOT drinking tequila? Gotcha.

Hey, I try to find new and interesting ways to embarass myself for each gathering.

• Options
    TomeWyrmTomeWyrm A Limited Liability Partnership Registered User regular
    Wait are we still talking about tequila? Because aaaaaaw yeeeeeaaaaah

• Options
    speaking of which, you guys said there's some liquor procurement facilities near your place? Think I'd rather hit that than anything here.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, we have good options here.

Let's face it; we have all seen at LEAST one or two, if not all of these movies. Some people leaving during, say The Incredible Hulk or Iron Man 2 to stock up on things is probably going to happen. There is a decent liquor store about 4 minutes walk from our door that opens around noon or 1, and there is a FUCKAWESOME THEY HAVE EVERYTHING I CAN SEE FOREVER!!!1! Liquor store about 8 minutes from here that opens at 9am(!)

http://www.buyritewines.com/

Problem is that it is the other way from the PATH, eg: you have to walk another 7-8 minutes away from us past the path station to get there.

But it is so worth it.

We have some Vodka, aome Jack, and some Kraken, 7 2 liters of various sodas, seltzer, a bunch of chips, salsa, and queso.

Duna said he is bringing stuff, you said you are bringing stuff, Org is throwing stuff in...

we should be well and truly enjoying our day if we all come through with some booze, snacks and fun stuff.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I forgot I'm gonna see organichu tomorrow omgomg

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Variable wrote: »
    I forgot I'm gonna see organichu tomorrow omgomg

I've fattened up extra so you can use whatever part of me you want as one of those neck supporting pillow thing-a-mabobbers.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I am going to head over at some point this afternoon- just getting things set up over here then I'm pathing down there

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    So, as a fun aside, I have a credit card processing terminal up and running now, for you cashless people out there. Aside from making it easy to pay your 12 bucks for the avengers ticket, it also helps handling delivery orders through seamless for multiple people.

I am REALLY looking forward to this!

Square: shaming deadbeats into hitting an ATM since 2011

• Options
    Omg standing at the theater

• Options
    I want several more hours of Avengers. :(

• Options
    riz wrote: »

You and me both.

This was a really fun day; thanks everyone for coming to it!

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    riz wrote: »

You and me both.

This was a really fun day; thanks everyone for coming to it!

omg so much fun

this was a really perfect day, gang! it is so awesome to have such a cool group of friends who get along so well

• Options
    The time I spent there was awesome! Few things finer than sipping scotch with yall

• Options
    Hated every second of it.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Hated every second of it.

that is like the biggest compliment coming from you

• Options
    Tape I forgot t say your art in Syndalis' room is awesome!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    beast! was a perfect gentleman and i simply do not see why y'all say otherwise