As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Checkpoint ep. 13 - Socially Inept

faitsfaits a panda eating cakeseattleRegistered User regular
edited August 2011 in Social Entropy++

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i enjoyed this episode.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    bumpity bump bump

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    i enjoyed this episode.

I don't know, the whole "vulgarity" thing was kind of crass and annoying.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    The ending was the best bit.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

Elaro wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    i enjoyed this episode.

do you mean the part where they said fuck you capcom?

that might have been the part I agreed with the most.

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    I love the pigs mating in this picture. Not that I'm into beastiality, just in this picture the expressions on their faces are hilarious. One of them is obviously having a great time, the other not so much.

Apparently Kathleen DeVere drew that picture. She's pretty good.

• Options
    Elaro wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    i enjoyed this episode.

this post is baffling in a number of ways

• Options
    Kathleen_LRRKathleen_LRR Registered User regular
    I love the pigs mating in this picture. Not that I'm into beastiality, just in this picture the expressions on their faces are hilarious. One of them is obviously having a great time, the other not so much.

Apparently Kathleen DeVere drew that picture. She's pretty good.

Yes, I did. Thanks for the compliment. I also drew the Darksider's B-Team from last week's episode as well.

• Options
    kathleen I am afeered of your avatar

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    i enjoyed this episode.

this post is baffling in a number of ways

Apparently Elaro is channeling my mom?

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Elaro wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    i enjoyed this episode.

do you mean the part where they said fuck you capcom?

that might have been the part I agreed with the most.

Seriously.

4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Langly wrote:

is it part of a bigger image?

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Okay, I've re-viewed the video, and uh, basically, I just thought the "Nintendo taking a dump on op. Rainfall" and "Fuck you, Capcom", while legitimate sentiments, were, in conjunction, too crass for my tastes. I guess I would have preferred if they had made a quip about how MM3D would need more support than Operation Rainfall, highlighting Ninty's spotty record of listening to their fans. Actually, the end "Fuck you" bit might have had more impact had the crew used more restraint, or were more subtle, about their use of outright insults in the previous segments. There was a golden opportunity for a "the gloves are off" moment concerning Capcom that was sadly missed.

I do believe obscenity has a place in comedy, but the more you use it, the less funny it is.

By the way, I've just done a little research and found out that Operation Rainfall has less than 8 thousand likers on facebook, compared to Megaman Legends 3's 38 k. Were I a NoA executive looking at those numbers, I would not be immediately convinced that the american sales would offset the cost of production and distribution.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    This video was posted on a web comic site that uses the word fuck, along with often portrayals of hideous violence, on a triweekly basis.

For reference, please see this nsfw strip http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/6/27/

Langly on
  • Options
    pariah164pariah164 Registered User regular
    The 'fuck you, Capcom' was well deserved. Thank you for another awesome episode.

ADORABLE PIGLETS.

• Options
    yeah uh I don't want to come off as hostile or anything but if those sorts of things offend you how on earth did you end up on the penny arcade forums

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    That whole "fuck off Capcom" moment was the first genuine laugh out loud moment I've had watching the series. Caught me completely off-guard

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wait are you saying that "taking a dump" is too crass and vulgar of a phrase for your sensibilities

• Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    That whole "fuck off Capcom" moment was the first genuine laugh out loud moment I've had watching the series. Caught me completely off-guard

I came into this thread about to post the exact same thing. That was hilarious.

hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm still kind of baffled by Capcom's shit with MML3

they honestly expected fans to make a game for them, and then pay them to play the game that they made?

• Options
    Kathleen_LRRKathleen_LRR Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:

is it part of a bigger image?

Yes, but the image is just a bunch of stars. I pulled it from some Japanese Tumblr that just collected derpy pictures. The URL is sadly lost to time and my browser history.

• Options
    babypp2babypp2 Registered User regular
    bump funny
    15.art.jpg

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Nintendo of America, on Project Rainfall:
    Thank you for your enthusiasm. We promised an update, so here it is. We never say never, but we can confirm that there are no plans to bring these three games to the Americas at this time. Thanks so much for your passion, and for being such great fans!

[sarcasm]You'd think they would want to add more franchises to their current lineup, that don't involve rehashing older ones.[/sarcasm]

Xehalus on
  • Options
    did anyone seriously think Nintendo was gonna budge on that

Didn't we go through this shit with mother 3 already a few years ago

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    Mother 3 may have partially failed to materialize due to the 64DD never getting off the ground.

• Options
    Mother 3 may have partially failed to materialize due to the 64DD never getting off the ground.

uhhh

you know mother 3 came out on the GBA, right

and that it was fantastic

and it never got localized in spite of a ton of fan requests

• Options
    I don't know why people keep trying things like that

I've never seen a single scrap of evidence that nintendo cares about its fans

admittedly, listening to hardcore fans is rarely a good idea to begin with, but still

• Options
    I don't know why people keep trying things like that

I've never seen a single scrap of evidence that nintendo cares about its fans

admittedly, listening to hardcore fans is rarely a good idea to begin with, but still

this was my original point?

I was saying that anyone who thought project rainwhatever was going to work can just look at what happened with Mother 3 and realize that it won't

• Options
    I don't know why people keep trying to read speed racer posts

• Options
  • Options
    you know mother 3 came out on the GBA, right

and that it was fantastic

and it never got localized in spite of a ton of fan requests

I did not know that actually. The horror. :/

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Haha. "Bad Jaffe, no cakes!"

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Mother 3 had a lot of issues that made not localizing it make some sense besides "we don't wanna". The Rainfall games don't have any of that (plus they're being localized for English speaking countries already!) so it makes extremely less sense why they're not being brought to the US.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    I caught a glimpse of the Final Fantasy XIII Grievance List:
    #756 ARMBAR.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote:
    I caught a glimpse of the Final Fantasy XIII Grievance List:
    #756 ARMBAR.

:^:

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Opty wrote:
    Mother 3 had a lot of issues that made not localizing it make some sense besides "we don't wanna".

such as?

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    The biggest reason was that it was a GBA game that would have been released after the DS was out. The second biggest reason was that the story is much darker than Earthbound's to the degree that people wondered if it would have gotten a T if localized (nowadays it probably would get an E10+ but that didn't exist back then). The juxtaposition of the cutsy graphics with the dark mature story exacerbated that issue as well. Here's a huge huge spoiler that touches on how much darker the story is compared to Earthbound:
    The main character's mother is killed during the game. The main character's twin brother attempts to get revenge and ends up almost dead. He's rescued by the main villain but is corrupted and twisted into being his henchman. At the end of the game you fight him and the way the fight ends is him committing suicide.

There's other issues like the Magypsies and the Underwater Breathing Apparatus that would have required complete and total changes no matter what. And since the Magypsies are entwined with the story that would take a lot of work.

Opty on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    another good episode.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I love these things

sig2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.