As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bypassing schools firewall.

Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
edit: solved.

Haha, I never thought I'd make one of these, as I'm usually the one helping other people do this kind of thing. :p

I'm trying to bypass a pretty stupid block on (what I'm assuming) is a large number of outgoing ports.

I'm thinking they allow very limited ones, (HTTP, whatever MSN is using, probably AIM, etc) to go through their firewall, but block every single other one. I can't get a connection with WoW, or with IRC.

I'm getting pretty bored as shit at school during an hour break I have, and sometimes the forums just don't cut it. ;)

if I was using a different operating system, I'd try to figure out a way around it myself, but I don't have a terribly large amount of experience with OSX or relative programs, so, here I am, enlisting other peoples aid.

I'm not network stupid, so I know there's not some magical solution, but maybe somebody has an interesting idea that I haven't thought of yet.

i wanted love, i needed love
most of all, most of all
someone said true love was dead
but i'm bound to fall
bound to fall for you
oh what can i do
Xenocide Geek on

• Options
    robaalrobaal Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    H/A Rules wrote:
    Finally, you're not allowed to ask for tips on circumventing your campus/office network security. It's a bad idea, don't do it, just go through the regular channels.

edit: The earlier rules had a longer blurb about this, mentioning that you could get expelled for doing such things

robaal on
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra when suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath.
    At night, the ice weasels come."

This discussion has been closed.