Options

[League of Legends] 08/21 PAX 5v5 tournament announced!

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Glal wrote:
    Raiden333 wrote:
    So, I just found out about Yaric.This is the kind of shit that should be built into the game.
    That looks fantastic, but I'm weary of the fact that you need to run the game through a patcher... don't really want to potentially backdoor my system. :?

Personally I think it's pretty safe considering it's had a thread on the official forums since april.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    But they might like, log into my LoL account and tank my precious solo ranked rating!

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    -.-

There is a new rule:

Priest With Knives is the only human being allowed to pick Karthus. Why? Because everyone except him sucks fucking ass at Karthus, and is nothing but free enemy gold forever.

'ALL I GOTTA DO IS BUY SOULSTEALER AND PRESS R AND THEN I WIN!'

*facepalm*

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Rule 3 of Caster Club: Don't buy a Soulstealer.

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote:
    Rule 3 of Caster Club: Don't buy a Soulstealer unless you want to be a MAN.

• Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Minerva_SC wrote:
    Me: "you're not a tornado janna are you.""
    Janna: "No"

*proceeds to spam the living shit out of tornado, buys all gp5 items, never buys a single ward, horrible, horrible loss.*

I had one like that. She kept ignoring me until I told her I'd give her 5 bucks if she stops nuking creeps. Then she did. Money's a great incentive.

zeeny on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    mejais is so good

especially on tanks

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    Shit.

I just realised that I went Mundo with my support runes/masteries.

How bad is this going to be.

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    zerg rush wrote:
    Lets just say that we vastly disagree with Sivir's power level.

I consider a farmed Sivir the most powerful character in a 60 minute game, bar none. The issue is getting there, since she has little early game to speak of.
    Much like Nasus or (old)Tryndamere, she's a late-game character in a mid-game game.

bleh

i'd rather have a veigar on my team than a sivir

edit: or to be more relevant, literally any other ranged AD carry

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

I would rather have 2 AFKers on my team than a Veigar.

At least then you don't have to hear, "OMG <champ's name who he's feeding in mid> SO OP!!!" every few minutes after his respawn timer has ticked down.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I like having Skarner on my team.

I like having Skarner on my team even more when Dunxco is playing him, and he sings o/~ Ah'm gonna take you for a riii-hiii-hiiide! o/~
    when he Impales something.

Also, it sounds like Skarner is saying 'Feel my THING!' from time to time, which is hilarious. (I know it's 'sting'.)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote:

I would rather have 2 AFKers on my team than a Veigar.

At least then you don't have to hear, "OMG <champ's name who he's feeding in mid> SO OP!!!" every few minutes after his respawn timer has ticked down.

Give him 30 minutes to farm with Q.

If the game goes on that long Veigar will hide at the back, stun the geese chasing you, drop a cosmic boot on them, and blow someone to pieces with little to no trouble. He's pretty much the only caster I fear when I play my tank character, Maokai.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    if you deny veigar you deny your power

you deny the darkness in your seoul

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    is that a short joke?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Kay wrote:

I like having Skarner on my team even more when Dunxco is playing him, and he sings o/~ Ah'm gonna take you for a riii-hiii-hiiide! o/~

Also, it sounds like Skarner is saying 'Feel my THING!' from time to time, which is hilarious. (I know it's 'sting'.)

I switched around my summoner spells and 1 point in Defensive mastery to take Fortify/Flash with Skarner. It's pretty much the greatest thing dragging people under your super-turrets and slowing them.

Also, is it a bug or intended feature that the only ability I can use while suppressing the enemy with his ult, is his Q? W and E just get greyed out, but Q is still usable.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    some questions: I only play co-op right now, but it seems like the bots always just ruin my shit once we're up to level 8 or so. I die in seconds against some bots, like Annie or Ryze, but at the same time I don't seem to do a lot of damage either. The only champions I've unlocked right now are nunu and Amumu. I think that I'm making bad item choices. Any advice? Also, are there any other maps other than summoner's rift for co-op?

Thirdly, how do I add friends? My display name is Thrice Impaled, so if anyone wants to do some co-op, add me!

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    if you deny veigar you deny your power

you deny the darkness in your seoul

Wait... Veigar's korean? Also, a good veig is fucking terrifying to see as anyone even slightly squishy. "Shit it's ve...BOOM."

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Dunxco wrote:
    Kay wrote:

I switched around my summoner spells and 1 point in Defensive mastery to take Fortify/Flash with Skarner. It's pretty much the greatest thing dragging people under your super-turrets and slowing them.

Also, is it a bug or intended feature that the only ability I can use while suppressing the enemy with his ult, is his Q? W and E just get greyed out, but Q is still usable.

I never looked, but I coulda sworn I could hit W during it. If not, you can hit it before.

• Options
    some questions: I only play co-op right now, but it seems like the bots always just ruin my shit once we're up to level 8 or so. I die in seconds against some bots, like Annie or Ryze, but at the same time I don't seem to do a lot of damage either. The only champions I've unlocked right now are nunu and Amumu. I think that I'm making bad item choices. Any advice? Also, are there any other maps other than summoner's rift for co-op?

Thirdly, how do I add friends? My display name is Thrice Impaled, so if anyone wants to do some co-op, add me!

As a general rule of thumb - the bots are dicks. They will never have to go back to buy items. Items will randomly appear in their inventory, and they will build the same annoying shit every time. Trundle/Warwick with Frozen Mallet... Banshee Veil's all around...

Annie and Ryze bot have this philosophy of they will run up to you, unload a freight train of explodium, and then back off. It's kinda hard to tell with Ryze, but with Annie Bot, treat her as if she always has a Tibbers stun ready (you can tell when she has a stun ready by the white swirl around her).

If you're getting screwed by the AP bots (Ashe, Ryze, I believe Cho'gath builds tanky), and by extension in PvP matches it'll be AP champs, you need some magic resistance. Banshee's Veil, Force of Nature (that's a more tank-oriented option), Spirit Visage is a good early-game one. Wits' End is also acceptable on some melee DPSers, and if you're an AP champ yourself (which is one of the routes Amumu can take, and the only one Nunu really can) an Abyssal Sceptre will do some good stuff for you.

Nunu needs to be built like a bulky caster. Items I recommend for Nunu are an early Catalyst into Rod of Ages. It'll take ten minutes to fully charge up but you'll have a sizable health/mana bonus for doing so. Nunu's passive is pretty great - you'll want to level his E, Ice Blast, whenever possible, along with his Q, consume. One rank in Blood Boil (W) at about level 3-4 is acceptable. It's cheap, speeds up your auto-attack, and allows his passive to proc more often so you can consume more minions and stay healthy. Level his alt at 6, 11 and 16 - it is tremendously powerful. Rylai's Crystal Sceptre is also pretty decent, and Rabadon's Deathcap is going to make Ice Blast hit like a truck. For defensive items on Nunu I'd recommend a Zhonya's Hourglass (armour, AP, a nice active to stop the gank train that is Annie/Ryze), and Abyssal Sceptre (Magic Resist, AP, a spell pen aura to negate their magic resistance). Your boots should be Sorc Shoes, since Nunu doesn't need much in the way of a movespeed increase thanks to Blood Boil (pro-tip: Cast this on an AD ally, either melee or ranged, and you'll both benefit from the buff, making them shred through targets).

• Options
    Dunxco wrote:

As a general rule of thumb - the bots are dicks. They will never have to go back to buy items. Items will randomly appear in their inventory, and they will build the same annoying shit every time. Trundle/Warwick with Frozen Mallet... Banshee Veil's all around...

Annie and Ryze bot have this philosophy of they will run up to you, unload a freight train of explodium, and then back off. It's kinda hard to tell with Ryze, but with Annie Bot, treat her as if she always has a Tibbers stun ready (you can tell when she has a stun ready by the white swirl around her).

If you're getting screwed by the AP bots (Ashe, Ryze, I believe Cho'gath builds tanky), and by extension in PvP matches it'll be AP champs, you need some magic resistance. Banshee's Veil, Force of Nature (that's a more tank-oriented option), Spirit Visage is a good early-game one. Wits' End is also acceptable on some melee DPSers, and if you're an AP champ yourself (which is one of the routes Amumu can take, and the only one Nunu really can) an Abyssal Sceptre will do some good stuff for you.

Nunu needs to be built like a bulky caster. Items I recommend for Nunu are an early Catalyst into Rod of Ages. It'll take ten minutes to fully charge up but you'll have a sizable health/mana bonus for doing so. Nunu's passive is pretty great - you'll want to level his E, Ice Blast, whenever possible, along with his Q, consume. One rank in Blood Boil (W) at about level 3-4 is acceptable. It's cheap, speeds up your auto-attack, and allows his passive to proc more often so you can consume more minions and stay healthy. Level his alt at 6, 11 and 16 - it is tremendously powerful. Rylai's Crystal Sceptre is also pretty decent, and Rabadon's Deathcap is going to make Ice Blast hit like a truck. For defensive items on Nunu I'd recommend a Zhonya's Hourglass (armour, AP, a nice active to stop the gank train that is Annie/Ryze), and Abyssal Sceptre (Magic Resist, AP, a spell pen aura to negate their magic resistance). Your boots should be Sorc Shoes, since Nunu doesn't need much in the way of a movespeed increase thanks to Blood Boil (pro-tip: Cast this on an AD ally, either melee or ranged, and you'll both benefit from the buff, making them shred through targets).

Awesome, thanks. I only downloaded the game on Tuesday so I'm still learning haha.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Man, two days without playing LoL... It's still all I dream about. Stupid game, getting in my brain.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Man, two days without playing LoL... It's still all I dream about. Stupid game, getting in my brain.

One of us, one of us!

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular

Usually for a few hours after playing, I see champion health bars when I close my eyes.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    I have many responses to many statements! I shall quote said statements, and then respond to them below!!!
    I wouldn't get atmas on him

I would however recommend abyssal scepter and nashors somewhere, with maybe sunfire instead of banshees

Sunfire and Banshees are not substitutes for each other :(
    Houn wrote:
    Ran another human vs bot game tonight, this time as Sivir. Kinda like her style, just pushed the bottom lane most of the time, but couldn't really get any champ kills.

From my (limited) experience, Sivir is amazing at pushing her lane but really doesn't have the power to knock out champs.

Sivir has plenty of power to knock people out. Exhaust is boss on her as well.
    milski wrote:
    zerg rush wrote:
    25% less each bounce.

1 + .75 + .56 + .42 + .32 +.24 = 3.29x Damage,... first snip.

That's not how attack speed works... second snip.

She also kills entire teams significantly less quickly than almost all AoE burst champs, and "unmolested" is a pretty big thing to assume when you're dealing with a champ who is almost outranged by caster minions. Yes, she theoretically has great sustained damage in an AoE, but that doesn't mean that I agree with blatant exaggerations about her power or believe she is generally good. She's great at murdering creep waves, but against champions... she just doesn't have the damage, range, burst, or utility to really do much at this point.

I agree that there are situationally better ranged AD carries, but with the right comp (and there are more right comps than you might think), Sivir is super boss. Knowing where to stand how to build her properly is important. She totally has the damage to do a lot >:(
    zerg rush wrote:
    Lets just say that we vastly disagree with Sivir's power level.

I consider a farmed Sivir the most powerful character in a 60 minute game, bar none. The issue is getting there, since she has little early game to speak of.
    Much like Nasus or (old)Tryndamere, she's a late-game character in a mid-game game.

bleh

edit: or to be more relevant, literally any other ranged AD carry

Sivir hard counter to Veigar solo mid.

• Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    So, Alistar is great fun, but when he doesn't have his ult, I find he just gets obliterated by carries so damn fast. What am I doing wrong? I initiate with W if need be to get in, then try to draw some fire. I will ult to stay alive long enough to bust out the stun and allow my team to try and do something.
    What usually happens is that... maybe one of the opposing team dies, my ult wears off, I instantly explode without having a chance of escaping and... we generally lose. I'm pretty sure part of it is my positioning and my team not focusing down one opponent, but I feel I'm building him wrong. This is my current build order for Ali:

Boots + pots
    Philosopher's stone
    Finish boots (ionian) + Glacial shroud
    Finish Shurelya's
    Finish Frozen heart
    Start and finish Randuin's if I can

If they have 2+ mages, I will build Banshee's instead of Frozen heart.

Help?

My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    So I like sharing stories. If you don't like long winded posts or poor spelling just skip this post...

I'd like to share a story of 4v5 with perhaps the worst Skarver to every play LoL on the 4 man team, my team btw. I'm Singed, and along with Lux and Vladamir we began what i believe was my most awesome game of LoL ever. Lucky for us Morg, the missing 5th, choose the cook skin, which seems to never alow her to load, was missing for the entire fight.

I took top, Vlad mid, lux bot Skar ATTEMPTED to jungle, he died 4 times in the first 10 mins to minions...I was up against Maliphite and Irelia, vlad got to but heads with a mirror image, and lux...well i can't remember who she fought. So i did what any good Singed should do 2v1 early game. I tower hugged. I never got a kill, the entire match BTW. None the less, Vlad kept a very good pace against himself, 5 to 1 if i recall before team fights started. Lux, well Lux was nervous. She never tried a 2v1 by herself before, and as a noob to that particular game she died twice without making any kills. Things were looking grim....but as soon as we hit level 6 the game changed drastically.

Lux began what i can only describe as a brutal murder of her opponents. Vlad really picked up his game and helped me gank top a number of times. With Lux easily pushing bottom her self, and vlad helping me clear top, we were set for a good round of first tower pushes. With a rope a dope on my part, i tell lux to hit mid as i head from base to bottom. Her friends follow her mid, Vlad ganks em in the river and Skar helped i think, opening the bottom for me to poison trail up to the tower and knock it over. I tell Lux to move top, as skar and vlad return and start jungling. Their ENTIRE team goes to clear bottom...my chance to move mid. After again knocking over mid tower they are right on my ass. But my team makes me proud as they move to gank near barren.

I run for my life with ghost...they chase...though the poison...I know right? Anyways my team handily beats all 5 of them with over leveled fed conitions. As my team is healing at base i take the opportunity to push top. Knocking over the 3rd tower and heading back for a much needed item buy.

At this point it's hard for 4 to push. BUT with a little luck we manage to catch 2 of them on dragon, and we gank em hard. Lux head bottom to fake a tower rush and we prep mid. 2 fall for the trick and one dies to a beautiful red beam to the face. 1 left mid and Vlad rapes him hard. Skar and i push mid tower...but we didn't stop there. Lux joined us and we pushed harder. Just as we finished the inhibitor turret the game was over. 5 players all voted to surrender to the 4 man team. We were victorious 4v5 without losing a single tower....

I tell this story not as a brag, although i am very proud of it, but as a lesson. If your up against 4 people don't get cocky, and play it safe. Don't chase singed....ever. And above all else, don't give up. If those guys had played another 5 mins or so, they would have equiled us in power, if not been better. We were rapidly approaching cap on items and levels. They just needed to hold out a bit more and they would have won. Maybe it's just that we were that awesome, but maybe it's the fact that we didn't give up. The world may never know....thanks for reading if you got this far. I just had to the tell the story this is one i can't keep to myself....

• Options
    Sweet story man

• Options
    Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    [
    Raakam wrote:
    So, Alistar is great fun, but when he doesn't have his ult, I find he just gets obliterated by carries so damn fast. What am I doing wrong? I initiate with W if need be to get in, then try to draw some fire. I will ult to stay alive long enough to bust out the stun and allow my team to try and do something.
    What usually happens is that... maybe one of the opposing team dies, my ult wears off, I instantly explode without having a chance of escaping and... we generally lose. I'm pretty sure part of it is my positioning and my team not focusing down one opponent, but I feel I'm building him wrong. This is my current build order for Ali:

Boots + pots
    Philosopher's stone
    Finish boots (ionian) + Glacial shroud
    Finish Shurelya's
    Finish Frozen heart
    Start and finish Randuin's if I can

If they have 2+ mages, I will build Banshee's instead of Frozen heart.

Help?

Don't initiate with W unless your team is right behind you, or you are in a highly advantageous position, or you can pull off the Headbutt/Pulverize combo with ease. Most of the time you'll want to Flash>Q, then Headbutt that poor guy into your enemy team. That way, they'll be busy trying to save their teammate, and you'll be busy auto-attacking the other carry, spamming E, and waiting for your Q/W to cooldown. That way, you'll be sure that your team focuses one enemy.

Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • Options
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Common noob question. Someone who starts off weak, and needs the team to carry them. But finishes very strong and can carry the team.

Example: Warwick. Although he doesn't start off all that powerful (no range no CC moderate dmg), he rapidly powers up and can generally rape late game.

texasheat on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Someone that can carry your team to victory. Can 1v2 sometimes 1v3. The carry typically murders everybody.

Usually there's at ranged attack damage carry (think Caitlin, Ashe, Vayne, Miss Fortune, etc), and a ranged ability power carry (Brand, Malzahar, Cassiopeia, etc) on a team. There are also some melee characters that can carry pretty hard, like Xin Zhao, Irelia, and Akali.
    texasheat wrote:
    Common noob question. Someone who starts off weak, and needs the team to carry them. But finishes very strong and can carry the team.

Example: Warwick. Although he doesn't start off all that powerful (no range no CC moderate dmg), he rapidly powers up and can generally rape late game.

Most people probably wouldn't call Warwick a carry =\

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    a carry is ryze

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    Vayne is the best carry because she starts off plenty dangerous and then hits level six and becomes the murder machine.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    the carry that fits your team comp's specific needs is the best carry for specific reasons

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    they broke yorick again, he is currently disabled because you can get multiple kills when you kill him one time

which has been possible with kog maw for like a month and a half but i guess they dont' care?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONZCKfrdtLg

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I agree that there are situationally better ranged AD carries, but with the right comp (and there are more right comps than you might think), Sivir is super boss. Knowing where to stand how to build her properly is important. She totally has the damage to do a lot >:(

I actually played Sivir a significant portion of my rise up to 30 (before a bunch of changes that actually made her weaker, granted; she used to have I think 475 autoattack range and 500 bounce range, so she wasn't so hurt in lanes), and still played her a good bit after that. I'm very confident in saying there simply isn't a teamcomp she works well in when you won't just take another character.

In the lane, she's basically dominated assuming the enemy buys the best defensive item against her, boots 2, so that they will at most take a single hit from boomerang toss; you can get doublehits if you're good, but that also kind of requires your latency to be lower than your opponents because it only instantly doublehits at the very back of its range. Autoattacks are basically impossible because you're outranged by basically everybody except Urgot (and his Q is basically his autoattack anyway, and it's range 700/1k+ if he has a lock on you), and your spellshield, while a great way to sustain and take less harassment, isn't going to top somebody from killing you with their ult combo if they're smart.

She doesn't do well in a support lane bot because she pushes the lane horribly when getting farm, which leaves the lane ripe for jungler ganks. She doesn't do well top, because she pushes the lane still and she isn't tanky enough to dish it out with the likes of, say, Nasus, or Gangplank, let alone Urgot or Yorick or Lanedyr. She does best mid, but she's still not really good enough to get a kill or even put significant pressure on many mid champions, especially because, while it was kind of rare back when I started playing, pretty much every champion now has some way to heal up, and the only way Sivir does damage is slowly through the sustain of hitting boomerang toss or bouncing blade.

Even if Sivir gets incredibly farmed, she's still short ranged and still doesn't really do much for her team besides damage, which other people do better; it's much better to deal a shitload of damage to one person, than to deal half a shitload to one person and a quarter shitload to everybody else. Her ultimate is an OK buff for her allies, but not amazing enough to justify her pick or to prevent her from exploding in the middle of a fight, especially since she'll almost always be in the range of everybody. S

he's almost like a ranged version of Trynd at this point (but with tower pushing); she's got theoretically huge damage, but she gets shut down in lane (in terms of affecting the enemy, she can still easily get at least half the last hits with toss) and just blows up in teamfights because she has to get in too close with no utility or survivability. Sure, her damage is theoretically high, but I can be slightly less theoretically high while massively outranging my enemies and focusing my damage on a single target if I pick Kog or Trist, and those aren't even really the higher end carries.

EDIT: WW's pretty much somewhere between "tanky DPS" and "full tank that happens to deal shitloads of damage." He's not really a great carry, but resistance works so well on him he can easily be one of the tankiest members of your team. He's also pretty much dangerous from level 3 on and not super money hungry, so I wouldn't consider him a carry. Tryndamere, though shitty, is a really good example of a carry: His laning phase is shit, which is theoretically balanced by the fact he has (now only slightly) more damage than anybody else lategame (except Sion, I guess).

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    Advice on lanedyr build

I've been going
    Cloth armor 5 pots
    mercs threads
    Wriggles
    Then wits ends
    then go into triforce. Or witends after triforce whatever.

What would you dudes do instead and also, runes advice?

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Advice on lanedyr build

I've been going
    Cloth armor 5 pots
    mercs threads
    Wriggles
    Then wits ends
    then go into triforce. Or witends after triforce whatever.

What would you dudes do instead and also, runes advice?

you cold try and fit a spirit visage in after wriggles. gives you health, CDR, MR, and more lane sustain.

• Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Thats actually a pretty good idea, but would it be better to get spirits visage first or a phage first?

edit: next time i play i'll skill bear to 3 and go for tiger 5 phoenix 5, see how that works out

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    milski wrote:

I actually played Sivir a significant portion of my rise up to 30 (before a bunch of changes that actually made her weaker, granted; she used to have I think 475 autoattack range and 500 bounce range, so she wasn't so hurt in lanes), and still played her a good bit after that. I'm very confident in saying there simply isn't a teamcomp she works well in when you won't just take another character.

In the lane, she's basically dominated assuming the enemy buys the best defensive item against her, boots 2, so that they will at most take a single hit from boomerang toss; you can get doublehits if you're good, but that also kind of requires your latency to be lower than your opponents because it only instantly doublehits at the very back of its range. Autoattacks are basically impossible because you're outranged by basically everybody except Urgot (and his Q is basically his autoattack anyway, and it's range 700/1k+ if he has a lock on you), and your spellshield, while a great way to sustain and take less harassment, isn't going to top somebody from killing you with their ult combo if they're smart.

She doesn't do well in a support lane bot because she pushes the lane horribly when getting farm, which leaves the lane ripe for jungler ganks. She doesn't do well top, because she pushes the lane still and she isn't tanky enough to dish it out with the likes of, say, Nasus, or Gangplank, let alone Urgot or Yorick or Lanedyr. She does best mid, but she's still not really good enough to get a kill or even put significant pressure on many mid champions, especially because, while it was kind of rare back when I started playing, pretty much every champion now has some way to heal up, and the only way Sivir does damage is slowly through the sustain of hitting boomerang toss or bouncing blade.

Even if Sivir gets incredibly farmed, she's still short ranged and still doesn't really do much for her team besides damage, which other people do better; it's much better to deal a shitload of damage to one person, than to deal half a shitload to one person and a quarter shitload to everybody else. Her ultimate is an OK buff for her allies, but not amazing enough to justify her pick or to prevent her from exploding in the middle of a fight, especially since she'll almost always be in the range of everybody. S

he's almost like a ranged version of Trynd at this point (but with tower pushing); she's got theoretically huge damage, but she gets shut down in lane (in terms of affecting the enemy, she can still easily get at least half the last hits with toss) and just blows up in teamfights because she has to get in too close with no utility or survivability. Sure, her damage is theoretically high, but I can be slightly less theoretically high while massively outranging my enemies and focusing my damage on a single target if I pick Kog or Trist, and those aren't even really the higher end carries.

Dude I have seriously like 300-400 Sivir games. I know exactly what she can and can't do. You can definitely go bot support lane without pushing horribly, there is no requirement to leave ricochet on. Sivir wins a solo lane by out farming her opponent, and if you're good at her you can kill them too. Your argument about damage doesn't even make sense, by your logic no one is being directly attacked by her. Itemizing properly and taking certain summoner spells will let you win most 1v1 match ups, and your role isn't to win 1v1 fights, it's to win team fights. I also don't think she requires middle to do well, I have done extremely well in duo lanes by being opportunistic and harassing appropriately.

Anyway, since you wrote an essay, I can tell that I'm not going to change your mind, and I don't really care to. I just think you're wrong, and will this image as a parting note:
    SIVIRPENTA.png

Pacificstar on