Options

Free Card Kingdom shuttle to and from PAX!

dan_kingdomdan_kingdom Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
Hey there! Dan from Card Kingdom and Cafe Mox in Ballard here. Just wanted to let you all know that we have secured a shuttle that will run from the Downtown Convention Center to Card Kingdom and Cafe Mox. It will run on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during our business hours and will be free to all PAX folks. We hope you decide to come out and see our new store and have a drink in the cafe during your stay in Seattle!
Shuttle hours:
Friday - 10 am to midnight
Saturday - 10 am to midnight
Sunday - 10 am to 10 pm

If you have any questions about the shuttle or Card Kingdom....i can answer them for ya. Or just drop by our booth (#571).

dan_kingdom on

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    do you guys have a website?

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well, our website is sales only (we only sell MTG on cardkingdom.com). But, our Yelp page is a good place to check out what our store offers: http://www.yelp.com/biz/card-kingdom-seattle

dan_kingdom on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    Interesting. How long a ride is it from the convention centre to your store?

• Options
    MattauiMattaui Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Wow, that's very cool! I remembered hearing about your store but then realizing that it wasn't exactly walking distance, and thinking about a bus or a cab, but a shuttle is an excellent idea. Looking forward to it!

• Options
    tr0tsky wrote:
    Interesting. How long a ride is it from the convention centre to your store?
    As far as how long the ride is....we're not sure yet. The shuttle company was supposed to make some test runs, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm hoping/guessing it should be roughly 30 minutes or so. Traffic gets bad on the weekends and there is draw bridge between Ballard and downtown. So that could adjust the schedule quite a bit.

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Thats pretty sweet

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    That's pretty sweet! I've been to Card Kingdom a couple of times and I must say that I like the place. If I lived a little closer to Seattle, then I'd probably frequent it more often.

• Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    Yeah! I've ordered from you guys online before, I didn't realize you had a B&M location you could actually go to! Nice! =)

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Any idea how often it will run?

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Options
    snuffles00snuffles00 Registered User regular
    I would be really sweet if we could find out where the shuttle will be stopping outside the convention centres as well. I know the shuttle company has not gotten back to you, but when it does if you could post where outside the convention centre we could board that would be awesome. As well will it be clearly labelled?

-Snuffles00 Dr. Exoskeleton Minion 2017&2018 winner. sr4ievjyisj0.png
  • Options
    mcdangermcdanger Registered User regular
    This is great! I live in Ballard!

• Options
    I would be really sweet if we could find out where the shuttle will be stopping outside the convention centres as well. I know the shuttle company has not gotten back to you, but when it does if you could post where outside the convention centre we could board that would be awesome. As well will it be clearly labelled?
    The Convention Center has a spot that is designated as a "Shuttle Pickup" area. It's on the ground level, behind the escalators. But don't fret!! We'll be giving out a handout with a handy little map to the pickup/drop off area.

• Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Derpy bump intended for another thread.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Woot!! Shuttle!! For those of you not already in the know, Card Kingdom, aka Cafe Mox is the only dedicated gaming pub inside the city limits. AND it's attached to a game store.

You guys Rock!! I am so totally making good on my promise to buy you a store copy of Gamers: Dorkness Rising for the bar TV.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    lunacitelunacite Registered User regular
    +1 for Cafe Mox. Soooo gooood

PAX Tabletop Enforcer
  • Options
    Ok....just got off the phone with the shuttle company. Our shuttle will leave Card Kingdom at the top of the hour (10 am, 11 am, 12 noon, 1 pm, etc.) and will leave the Convention Center every hour at half past (10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm). It might run a bit late as the day goes on, but it will never leave earlier than the scheduled time. Hope that helps make things easier for everyone! Also....remember it's free! :D

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    All righty. I'm basically losing my shit over here. Like, we're talking happy puppy wiggling and squealing. And my husband is even worse. Can we just come live there? I know that you guys are our go-to for searching out M:TG cards online. We basically don't GO anyplace else for all our casting needs.

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    AGlassOfMilkAGlassOfMilk Registered User regular
    Just another reason to love you guys...

• Options
    snuffles00snuffles00 Registered User regular
    Thanks Dan for the update. You rock!

-Snuffles00 Dr. Exoskeleton Minion 2017&2018 winner. sr4ievjyisj0.png
  • Options
    soonerjuddsoonerjudd Registered User regular
    How late is the shuttle going to run? Are you guys going to be open late for the PAX crowd? I'd hate to miss the expo hall.

• Options
    HeyJoeHeyJoe SeattleRegistered User regular
    soonerjudd wrote:
    How late is the shuttle going to run? Are you guys going to be open late for the PAX crowd? I'd hate to miss the expo hall.

This... and also, will I be able to leave my car in your lot until potentially after 2 AM on Saturday?

• Options
    ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    HeyJoe wrote:
    soonerjudd wrote:

This... and also, will I be able to leave my car in your lot until potentially after 2 AM on Saturday?

I HIGHLY doubt this will be ok to do. They are not running it as a free parking lot its so you can go checkout their games and be a customer of theirs. If you do this don't be surprised if your car is gone when you get back 10 hours later.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Options
    soonerjudd wrote:

The shuttle will be running during our business...so on Friday and Saturday..the last shuttle will be leaving our store at Midnight (or there abouts). On Sunday the last shuttle will be leaving our store at 10 pm.

• Options
    HeyJoe wrote:

I would prefer that the cars don't stay in our lot. We do plan on having customers all weekend long and would like to keep the lot open for them. But! Feel free to catch a Metro (#18) to our store, then hop on the shuttle. :D

• Options
    Menolly07 wrote:
    All righty. I'm basically losing my shit over here. Like, we're talking happy puppy wiggling and squealing. And my husband is even worse. Can we just come live there? I know that you guys are our go-to for searching out M:TG cards online. We basically don't GO anyplace else for all our casting needs.

This. Is. Why. We. Love. PAX!!! :D Please drop by the booth and say hi! (#571), we have a lot of stuff going on this year in the booth. Here's a link to some of the stuff we have planned: http://www.cardkingdom.com/static/pax2011
    Also.....preview of the yet to be released Duel Deck: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas.

• Options
    RisiaRisia Registered User regular
    I checked you guys out for the first time last weekend- heard about your Warhammer tournament on facebook- and my husband & I both fell in love with the store! I wish we lived closer (Redmond is a long drive), so we could hang out more often! I hope to use your shuttle service during PAX to introduce some of my friends to the coolness that is Card Kingdom/Cafe Mox.

(Maybe we'll actually get a table at Mox this time, it was packed solid during the tournament!)