As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

check out my art!

Victory-primeVictory-prime Registered User new member
edited August 2011 in Artist's Corner
check out my latest art in my deviant art gallery and let me know what you think.

V-deviant-art-logo2011.jpg

here a little taste...

laura_vandervoort_as_supergirl_by_chris_v981-d3hhdmu.jpg

viclink2011.jpg
Victory-prime on

• Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    Hello.
    this is not a place to post your deviantart link
    it's a forum for people to post their work specifically with the goal of getting critical feedback.

if you want feedback on your work, i'd suggest you post a few more images, explain what your intent was, what your goals are, and we'll go from there.

• Options
    webofinkwebofink Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Putting the link to your webcomic in your signature would be your best option too. Also, read a couple of threads around the joint, get a feel for the place. There's plenty of great conversations going on that you can join in on.

If you're looking for feedback re: digital manipulation.. the first thing I can recommend is to work on the finer details. All the edges of the figure appear to have been cropped sharp, like you got a little loose with the magic wand tool. The edges need to be more smooth and consistent. Check how you're set up anti-aliasing wise, you may need to decrease the hardness of whatever tool you're using to crop or paint.

Some minor inconsistencies would be the left elbow in the cape appears higher than the elbow would sit naturally. The right arm skin tonal variations are still visible beneath the blue cloth. It looks like you've used a Gaussian blur or smudge tool near the solar plexus region, making a disparity in the consistency of the image there.

Also, although I love the idea of supergirl just chillaxin poolside, perhaps moving the donor image out of its natural environment will help remove the viewer from the idea that they're basically looking at a chick in a bikini with a supergirl costume superimposed. Get her onto a nighttime rooftop, play around with the natural light source on the figure to help sit it into another background.

It would be good to see the original image so we can tell what elements you've added or taken away, also.

Aside from that, it looks like a pretty good job.

EDIT: Took a look at your webcomic. I guess I'll have to go back to the first post to understand what's going on, but that's cool. One thing, proofread your dialogue.

E.g. In the first panel.
    Anyway, you'll be fine. They'll be more heroes coming soon.
    Bloodwing still wants be to get a secret identity.

webofink on
    It's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    A few pointers. Post actual artwork for people to review and critique. Your signature is too big on this form. Reduce it.

This discussion has been closed.