As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I got mugged

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    oh actually I got mugged once while trick-or-treating

except I was carrying a big stick as part of my costume and beat up my middle-school-aged attacker

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    were I mugged I would be forced to defend myself with glower power

Anyone getting close enough to you runs the risk of falling down dead from poison 10 seconds later

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The adrenaline though made me feel fucking amazing.

Like straight after the fight, driving back to the shop I felt goddamn amazing.

An hour afterwards I cried like a baby, but immediately afterwards I was all, well I fucking get what the fighting part in fight club was about.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote:
    I think I would just throw my wallet at the dude and run. I am about as threatening as cotton fluff.

That's actually what you should do. Throw it away from yourself and run the other way.

"Hand over the wallet lady."

"You made the mistake of messing with the tri-county women's league all-star pitcher."

And you throw the wallet and they have to go chasing after it.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    man, I got mugged one time right outside of my high school

broad fucking daylight

the guy picked me up

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:

An hour afterwards I cried like a baby, but immediately afterwards I was all, well I fucking get what the fighting part in fight club was about.

For serious. The adrenaline dump after something like that is crazy. Your emotions go crazy and you'll be all twitchy.

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    My mom was kidnapped once, taken into a car. She got away thankfully but now she's super careful.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    oh actually I got mugged once while trick-or-treating

except I was carrying a big stick as part of my costume and beat up my middle-school-aged attacker

were you speaking softly

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    muse your ghetto stories are fantastic

never stop being from the streets

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Blake T wrote:

For serious. The adrenaline dump after something like that is crazy. Your emotions go crazy and you'll be all twitchy.
    Like I said.

I thought fight club was a good idea non-ironically.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm attributing the delay of asskicking to:
    #1 Trying to zip up

#2 Trying to protect this female friend

#3 The possibility he was already drunk

$50 on #1 and #2

• Options
    I don't know if she was in a ghetto then or what. She had a stalker or something and cops were involved. They'd taken her by knifepoint but thankfully someone saw them take her and called 911.

So now that we've heard of friends and relatives having troubles with the drug cartels in Mexico (ransoms and kidnaps) she refuses to let any one go anymore. All our family still in Mexico comes to visit us instead.

• Options
    oracleoracle Registered User regular
    I like to think I would do something badass and fight off a mugger if it ever happened to me, but in reality I'm short and weak and have no martial arts training so I'd probably throw the wallet and run. And then be really mad at that jerk mugger afterwards.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I'm attributing the delay of asskicking to:
    #1 Trying to zip up

#2 Trying to protect this female friend

#3 The possibility he was already drunk

$50 on #1 and #2

2 and 3 are on the right track

also the fact that generally you should comply with muggers but he threw my phone and I was about to text the new girl i'm seeing

apparently drunk mike was perfectly fine with him taking the hundred dollars but getting between me and my booty call was where I drew the fucking line

• Options
    oracleoracle Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    T4CT wrote:

apparently drunk mike was perfectly fine with him taking the hundred dollars but getting between me and my booty call was where I drew the fucking line

Yeah that is NOT cool.

oracle on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    teefs got mugged

i got mugged in glasgow walking home from a mates party, i gave them an empty wallet that i always carry around just in case

hope you're not hurt

Y'know what? That's a bombass idea.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    decoy wallet, with about eight bucks and some already-cancelled credit cards, maybe an expired license

I always have one in my back pocket when I travel

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    i had two dudes in clearly trying to rob our store last week

one had been loitering around for at least an hour that day, wouldn't accept any help, wouldn't stay in one spot or look at specific items. the other guy came in and was the diversion guy, asking dumb questions, knocking shit over, being loud and obnoxious. obviously he was the one not to pay attention to. after a while i actually had a real customer, and i was feeling a bit overstretched with controlling the situation, so i ended up going over to the shifty guy and i said 'look, you've been here for ages, i'm not comfortable, if there's nothing i can help you with i'm going to ask you to leave.' he started muttering, swearing at me, but he left, and he signalled the other guy totally unsubtly on the way out. who, in turn, promptly left the pile of kids' crap he'd accumulated on the counter without buying any of it.

idiots. i felt pretty dumb for creating conflict with a thief over a few grafitti pens or the petty cash tin, but damned if i'm going to stand there for another hour while these guys wait for another tough moment and slip in to the back office

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I have never been mugged nor seen a mugging, but I saw a dude getting beat up before. Back in high school there was this place that had local band shows, and a lot of them were punk shows. Back then I was a punker wannabe. Anyway, there was this skinny kid with thick glasses who was ALWAYS there because they had arcade machines, but he was a dick to everyone and would often tell people they couldn't play Metal Slug unless they beat him at Samurai Showdown or something like that. Well one night this guys lady friend told the skinny kid to stop being a dick and he called her a few choice names, so her guy and his friends took the guy outside to beat him up. I stood by and let this happen because he was being an ass and some people just need to learn.

4 guys beating on him and he yells "KAIOKEN!" and just starts swinging, busted a guys lip and hit one in the nose hard enough to make it bleed. The guys backed off and the skinny kid bolted. Didn't see him there after that, But thats when I knew, I had met Son Goku, and he was a dick.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote:
    4 guys beating on him and he yells "KAIOKEN!" and just starts swinging

holy shit

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    When we went to buy my dad's cell phone the store owner told us he had gotten robbed two weeks ago. Almost. The thieves were not experienced. A theft should be committed quickly. This took 15 minutes.

"Where is the cash!?"

"Dude, everyone pays in credit cards. I'll open the register for you."

The thieves realized they had looted the wrong place. There was practically nothing. They were starting to get agitated and they were armed. The manager had to try to relax the thieves, "Look it is gonna be alright we are gonna get this done fast, okay? I will open the safe for you guys."

But the thieves were caught. They also struck too early. There was a throng of people watching them from the In-n-Out Burgers across the busy street. The cops arrived quickly.

• Options
    bsjezz wrote:
    i had two dudes in clearly trying to rob our store last week

one had been loitering around for at least an hour that day, wouldn't accept any help, wouldn't stay in one spot or look at specific items. the other guy came in and was the diversion guy, asking dumb questions, knocking shit over, being loud and obnoxious. obviously he was the one not to pay attention to. after a while i actually had a real customer, and i was feeling a bit overstretched with controlling the situation, so i ended up going over to the shifty guy and i said 'look, you've been here for ages, i'm not comfortable, if there's nothing i can help you with i'm going to ask you to leave.' he started muttering, swearing at me, but he left, and he signalled the other guy totally unsubtly on the way out. who, in turn, promptly left the pile of kids' crap he'd accumulated on the counter without buying any of it.

idiots. i felt pretty dumb for creating conflict with a thief over a few grafitti pens or the petty cash tin, but damned if i'm going to stand there for another hour while these guys wait for another tough moment and slip in to the back office

We had a few fun moments when I worked at GameStop, but my favorite was when I was working at a mall store to help out, this guy stood by the new PS2 controllers for about a half hour and was the only one in the store and refused help of all kinds. The manager reconigized him as a guy who was stealing at this store, and selling to the one upstairs and vice versa. So he told me to keep the guy busy while he went to get the cops (theres a police station in our mall and a few happen to be talking to security guards at the little booth that sold gift cards RIGHT OUTSIDE THE STORE. So I go over, give him the spcheel about reserving some games, and while talking to him I notice he obviously tried to shove 3 or 4 ps2 controllers into the front pocket on his hoodie. I say try because they have giant packaging. The cops wait for him outside the store then ask him to empty his pockets, as he took his hands out of his hoodie two of the controllers fell out. I would think if I ever stole I would smarter then this.

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote:
    Bucketman wrote:
    4 guys beating on him and he yells "KAIOKEN!" and just starts swinging

holy shit

it was one of the best moments of my life. It would have been better if the dude wasn't an ass most of the time. Also I think I was the only person there who knew what Kaio-ken was.

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I got mugged in Mongolia. Tried to bash my head in with a rock, but I pushed the guy down, squirmed away from the other one and ran.

• Options
    place I used to work at nearly got robbed once

see the robbers decided to strike on sunday night, which is the night when the kitchen / food and beverage managers do inventory

so around 3 AM the guys walk out of the office after finishing up, talking to each other, and at the other end of the line there are another two guys in ski masks, talking to each other
    each group acknowledges the other, then double-takes

the robbers sprint out the back, the kitchen manager follows brandishing his favorite chef knife ("good old Bluey," he said afterwards) but the robbers get away

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    so sorry you got mugged and whatnot

but did you get laid from this ordeal?

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    before i worked at this store a guy walked in, looked around, saw that no staff member was to be seen, and walked out with a $200 portfolio

that guy was the owner of the company

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Best Buy in Florida my wife worked at got their entire stock of laptops stolen.

They kept them locked in cages above the shelves on the back wall. The thieves got on the roof, cut their way through and took every last one of them.

• Options
    i don't see her til the weekend

but telling her i punched a mugger knocked the badass level up to a point where she asked if i was doing anything tonight

so my money's on yes that'll happen

i think the biggest triumph was that the $200 jacket I bought from Buffalo is completely unharmed

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote:
    I got mugged in Mongolia. Tried to bash my head in with a rock, but I pushed the guy down, squirmed away from the other one and ran.

Holy crap, that's some hardcore mugging. No threats, just a rock to the head.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    A lifetime ago I was involved with stupid teenage tough guy bullshit for the fun of it, and I found myself in front of a gun with a rather pissed off dude behind it. Now I really wish I could say that I did the smart thing and calmly gave him what he wanted and that was that, but I didn't.

Instead I decided that I would be damned if this prick was going to ruin my setup and tried to get the gun away from him. In the struggle it went off twice, luckily none hit anyone there. I got my ass kicked pretty bad, I lost what I was trying not to lose, and thus ended my teenage dreams of a crime empire. It's a miracle I wasn't just gunned down like I most assuredly deserved.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    decoy wallet, with about eight bucks and some already-cancelled credit cards, maybe an expired license

I always have one in my back pocket when I travel

The expired license should be a photograph of you looking either very very angry or very very sad.

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote:
    $200 jacket I bought from Buffalo

You bought a jacket from an animal?

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote:

Holy crap, that's some hardcore mugging. No threats, just a rock to the head.

Two guys were following me trying to convince me to go down a nice safe alley with them to drink. I wasn't having it, so one of them shouted and this dude comes running from behind a fence with a big fucking rock.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Isoldae wrote:
    T4CT wrote:

That's not where you get yours?

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Isoldae wrote:
    T4CT wrote:

Nope.

Plus what does a Buffalo need 200 dollars for?

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Isoldae wrote:
    Isoldae wrote:
    T4CT wrote:

Nope.

Plus what does a Buffalo need 200 dollars for?

Hooch. Takes a lot to get drunk when you weigh over a thousand pounds. I know...from experience.

• Options
    I want to mug all of you

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    never got bugged, just beat up by a guys friends after we got in a fight

Javen on