As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSN on my Mac: Adium is screwing up too much, what should I replace it with?

The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I use a Mac. I also use MSN to talk to a lot of my friends. Now, I haven't checked on it in years, but when I last looked, the Mac version of MSN was pretty terrible. So based on old recommendations picked up here, I started using Adium. And it was great for awhile. Only, two updates ago, it began to mess up. Basically, at random intervals, messages from my friends would simply never reach me, with no hint on my end that they never got there. Leading to tons of long silences, followed by still there's, followed by copypasting of long conversations I never saw, etc. etc. Troubleshooting so far has not yielded a solution, and as of the newest update, the problem is still there.

In the meantime, I've been using this other program called Meebo, that runs out of my browser. But I don't care for it too much, as it's missing a ton of features, works inside a browser window, apparently requires a separate account if I want some of the stuff I'm missing, etc. etc.

So, there's two questions here. 1) Does anyone that happens to use Adium have any idea what's wrong with it, and 2) Are there any other good Mac-friendly programs I can run MSN on?

The Last Gent on

• Options
    Double_ChrisDouble_Chris Registered User regular
    Digsby. Digsby a million times over. It's one of the few all in one chat programs that actually works. Supports all the major chat clients, plus Facebook, Twitter, and email support.

We are human, after all. Flesh Uncovered, after all.