As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome, Delicious [Phalla] Day 10: Imperial March, Village Victory!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Seriously, jack's message to alegis (tonight. You) freaked the mafia the fuck out. He was hilarious

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I was really hoping I could use this guy
    2qmg16w.jpg
    Really, Culdcept has some great art for Phalla use.
    I guarded- no-one, JackisReal and Warban.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Langly good game. Good narrations, good story, great mechanics. Even though I didn't post much, I feel like I helped the village behind the scenes.

Caulk Bite, I wish you were in INANTP's new mini, so I could grudge vote you.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    kuhlmeye wrote:
    Langly good game. Good narrations, good story, great mechanics. Even though I didn't post much, I feel like I helped the village behind the scenes.

Caulk Bite, I wish you were in INANTP's new mini, so I could grudge vote you.

Oh, because I set the group kill on you, on nothing more than a gut feeling?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    That would be primary reason, yes. :P

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    You can get back at him in ahava's main.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Packin' up for vacation so I don't have time to read the mafia boards.

I'll have to chat with some of you guys about the game in future phallas/IRC/etc I suppose!

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:
    also who killed me so I know who to be mad at

*cough*

It may have been me.

I may also have targeted BFL #1 a few days later. >_> <_<

Sorry!

We were narrowing down the list of unknowns to find the mafia, and you both were... well, unknown.

WHAT

just PM us! We like talking about roles!

I spent so much time trying to find out who roleblocked me and prevented me from saving BB

I thought it was SLyM since he was the only one who knew I was a guard besides BB

Hmmmm

Looking back on it:

http://fallenlondon.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=9&page=3

We were just slowly working our way through suspicious people. Apparently, it was a toss up between you and facetious!

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote:

Not sure which one that is, but the next one I was thinking of joining was jdarksun's L4D phalla

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote:

Not sure which one that is, but the next one I was thinking of joining was jdarksun's L4D phalla

his L4D mini was...interesting

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Oh yeah. Langly thanks for hosting. Even though I died on day 2 and didn't really get invested, I kept coming back just to read the narrations. Awesome stuff.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Langly wrote:
    21. 2Zzju.png

You are the Talkative Rattus Faber.

You have not yet found a subject that does not interest you to some extent, nor have you found anyone or anything that you would not care to discuss it with. At great length. In any circumstance.

You do not have many friends, when it comes to that. But what you do have is the remarkable ability to distract and change courses quickly and (sometimes not so) subtly. You are a bus driver. Every night, choose two targets. Any actions directed against those targets will be switched.

Victory Condition: Eliminate all threats to Fallen London

Can we talk about how hilarious it was that I got this role? Langly said, in the role PM, "I swear to god this was random."

So, yeah. Basically, I own. I picked out BobCesca and kime as mafia with no behind the scenes information.

Edit:
    Wiet wrote:
    I also want to apologise to facetious for not guarding you when you got murdered by either the master or the mafia. I thought my heal would suffice, but then I didn't know the mafia got an instakill button.

GRUDGED FOR LIFE.

Nah just kidding, I was glad we were able to work together and ultimately I accomplished more than I have in probably any Phalla so far (except maybe the newbie Phalla I MVP'd), so I felt pretty sanguine about my death. :)

Edit edit: I see that Langly has already commented on the hilarity of my role. Trying to get caught up here!

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Who did kill me, anyway?

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote:
    Taya wrote:
    I don't really understand Rend deals. If I was mafia I could either lie (which is not a rend deal at all) or tell the truth and hope that the other person doesn't rat me out. And if the person doesn't rat me out, they're purposely harming their own team by not revealing what they know.

Leave Rend deals to Rend, I say!

If you lie no one will ever try to rend deal with you again, if you tell the truth and the other person rats you out no one will ever rend deal with them again.

Short term problem: Next Phalla, when you refuse a Rend deal, it leaves them to wonder if you're mafia.

Long term solution: Play more Phalla, and refuse Rend deals when you're a villager. Be known for this!

It's all part of the long term plan!

Yeah, rend deals are broken as all hell. I wanted to test just HOW broken they are in this game. I don't think anyone actually used any after day 3 or so, but by then we had such a wealth of people who knew people who seered people that the network was just too big to fall.

Note to others: I will lie in rend deals, you have been warned.
    Except to you egos

Hell, i might even make a point of it.

As far as the game is concerned, for a game as power heavy as this, it was incredibly well balanced.

Some thoughts? 38thdoe, i practically revealed myself as a rat to you...

Also Alegis. Why you no fall for my bluff? (didn't helped that i had picked a fellow mafia member.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Oh, it was the village network? That was.. actually.. not something I considered.

Now I'm sad. :(

Edit: Nevermind. Wiet already said it was the mafia. I'm trying to get caught up on every proboard plus INANTP's game at once. :P Although it does still make me a little sad you guys were so mistrustful of me.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Also, letting peccavi die uncontested was perhaps the best thing you and melding could have done.
    Also after reading the mafia boards, god damn Wiet, how much information did you feed to Melding.

• Options
    facetious wrote:
    Oh, it was the village network? That was.. actually.. not something I considered.

We wanted to but i Wiet convinced us otherwise. I think it was actually the mafia, or some busdriving shenanigans.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I actually think it was me,I was under the impression you were busdriving yourself with someone else we wanted to kill. I was very surprised when you got hit, and that you were a rat!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Speaking of Melding

he PMed me at some point and I hinted that I'd "heard" a kill had been busdriven (the one that was super obvious in the narration, was that day.. four?), figuring if he was mafia then he probably already knew it had been busdrivered and it might make it seem like I had 'nothing to hide' if I brought it up guilelessly.

So, Melding, did my ploy make you less suspicious of me or more? :P

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    facetious wrote:

Edit: Nevermind. Wiet already said it was the mafia. I'm trying to get caught up on every proboard plus INANTP's game at once. :P Although it does still make me a little sad you guys were so mistrustful of me.

No no no

Don't be sad!

Think of it this way: You are such a good player now that we *had* to be sure!

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Cythraul wrote:
    I actually think it was me,I was under the impression you were busdriving yourself with someone else we wanted to kill. I was very surprised when you got hit, and that you were a rat!

I think I see what happened. You guys were trying to get Wiet to tell me to busdrive myself and someone else to 'test' me, but Wiet didn't want to go through with it since I was protecting him, and some miscommunication happened where you thought that was still the plan. Alas.

And Ecco, heh, I suppose that's some consolation. ;) Honestly I was wondering why people didn't test me a lot sooner so I could get into the network for realsies, although Bedlam and later Wiet made good contacts with whom I enjoyed working.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Also:

LANGLY! You fucking rule, seriously. I loved this game SO MUCH. The narrations were superb, the mechanics super interesting. You're just awesome in general. Thank you!

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    facetious wrote:
    Speaking of Melding

he PMed me at some point and I hinted that I'd "heard" a kill had been busdriven (the one that was super obvious in the narration, was that day.. four?), figuring if he was mafia then he probably already knew it had been busdrivered and it might make it seem like I had 'nothing to hide' if I brought it up guilelessly.

So, Melding, did my ploy make you less suspicious of me or more? :P

I have no memory of this ever happened. I just killed you because we found out you were wiet bus driver.

Wait, that never did happen.

Only people to pm during the game that were in it were piL, asking me about my avatar and sig, Romanqwerty telling me to put my damage thing on peccavi, and Cayrus telling me he woudl change his vote to me later in the day.

• Options
    Wait it was Aphostile.

Why did I think it was you. What.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Speaking of, what was Aphostile's role?

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Also

@MaxFrost how did you find out I was the busdriver protecting Wiet? I can see you roleblocked me.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    facetious wrote:
    Speaking of, what was Aphostile's role?

He was a zailor/scavenger. This spreadsheet has all the answers!

Tmoiy on
  • Options
    Okay after everything.

It was the mafia who killed me. but the village network was targeting me too.

You're all grudged forever. :x

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hey, we only killed you because we wanted wiet dead.

Nothing personal.

I guess we could have asked you to stop? but would you have?

• Options
    edited September 2011
    I'm very obeisant!

(no.)

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Langly, I hate you.

I have to follow this.

I hate you.

<3<3<3

Signups for my Main should be up sometime tomorrow. (as in like morning for me, evening for most of you)

• Options
    Oh yeah, Langly, extra major props for that final narration. The description of the last two mafia is awesome. (And I especially love the bit about how they might be lovers... <3)

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Also, @Atari_Soul was asking who got them killed. That would be me. :(

It was on Bedlam's orders though. :P

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Or is it @Atari Soul?

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    lol, was just going through the spreadsheet.

I took zero damage until day seven (my death), which lists my attack received as: 99999.

Damn mafia overkills. ;)

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    hahahahahaaaaa....my plan

COULD HAVE GONE BETTER

What exactly was my role??

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    facetious wrote:
    Wait it was Aphostile.

Why did I think it was you. What.

I didn't PM you that! I only PMed you that I knew you were a safe guy and I wanted to be friends!

THEN I GOT BRUTALLY MURDERED THAT NIGHT.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    facetious wrote:

I took zero damage until day seven (my death), which lists my attack received as: 99999.

Damn mafia overkills. ;)

Yeah, if I recall correctly, our group kill could only be bus drivered.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    facetious wrote:

Damn mafia overkills. ;)

Pretty sure it could be guarded as well.

• Options
    Flarne wrote:
    facetious wrote:

Damn mafia overkills. ;)

Pretty sure it could be guarded as well.

Yeah, I think you're right.

jnij103vqi2i.png