As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

L-l-l-look at you, [Chat]ter, a p-pathetic creature of meat and bone.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    It made so much sense when I learned that the boss battles of DX:HR were outsourced to a completely different company that had no idea what upgrades players could take or expect to have when and had never played the original DX.

Honestly, the problem isn't that nobody had the right upgrades. None of the upgrades aside from "kill cannon" would really help. It's just that they were an entirely different game which showed up occasionally when you were playing Deus Ex.

Well right thats kind of my point. They didn't know what upgrades were in the game, so they couldn't factor them into the boss fight design.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    mya! why you kissing new boy?!? what happen with zen?

sig.gif
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    The giant robots in DX1 get kind of easy to kill toward the end of the game.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I think QTE bosses would have been more fun.

Still, terrible bosses and a weak overall plot are pretty much two minor scuffs on an otherwise really good time for me. I look forward to people using the engine or ripping it off.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    10813-kelet-nyugat_large.jpg

... I don't get it.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    The next DX game should genuinely force you to use certain augs at certain times, and generally just give you less freedom as to what stuff you can have available to you at any time.

Can make a much more exact experience that way and probably control the difficult much better which will, overall, result in a great game.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular

We broke up.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Looney_Tunes_feature_films
    2012 - Marvin Martian
    TBA - Speedy Gonzales
    TBA - Pepe le Pew
    TBA - Bugs Bunny
    TBA - ACME Warehouse

"Oh hey, this looks pretty inter-"
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film

sad+face.jpg

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I can never rely on consumable items because my OCD tendencies requires me to hoard them and never ever use them.

yep

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    "Oh you want to use the invisibility aug now for stealth do you? Well all the enemies have been equipped with heat sensing eyewear so that's really not going to work."

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    I think QTE bosses would have been more fun.

Still, terrible bosses and a weak overall plot are pretty much too scuffs on an otherwise really good time for me. I look forward to people using the engine or ripping it off.

I am looking forward to them doing thief 4 having learned from dx:hr.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    RMS, good work on the chat. Good work indeed.

Suddenly, a wild pizza attacks.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:

... I don't get it.

Yeah me neither but someone clearly thought it was a profound statement.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Sarksus wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Elki wrote:
    So, the 13" MBA has the same native resolution as the 15" MBP? Why couldn't apple put a higher resolution screen on the Pro?

Higher than 1680x1050? That's getting into pretty small pixel territory.

1440 by 900

You can upgrade the 15 inch MBPs to 1680x1050. The upgrade also gives you a choice between glossy and matte.

Nice; I guess it pays to venture beyond the "technical specifications" page.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    msmya wrote: »

We broke up.

sorry :(

sig.gif
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    How are you going to make Pepe Le Pew work in an era where sexual harassment is taken seriously?

• Options
    Daxon wrote:
    The next DX game should genuinely force you to use certain augs at certain times, and generally just give you less freedom as to what stuff you can have available to you at any time.

Can make a much more exact experience that way and probably control the difficult much better which will, overall, result in a great game.

Nope! I am glad you aren't working on anything related to DX.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    2012 - Marvin Martian
    TBA - Speedy Gonzales
    TBA - Pepe le Pew
    TBA - Bugs Bunny
    TBA - ACME Warehouse

CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film

sad+face.jpg

That could be computer generated cartoons, which I hear is pretty standard for modern animation. Not really any better or worse than traditional purely hand drawn animation but a lot cheaper.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    How are you going to make Pepe Le Pew work in an era where sexual harassment is taken seriously?

The same way they will do Speedy Gonzalez in an era where that type of blatant racism is frowned upon.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

So you thought the latter half of the game maintained some measure of difficulty?

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:

... I don't get it.

Yeah me neither but someone clearly thought it was a profound statement.
    East has burqa, West has lady Justice.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:

It's always kind of disappointing when a game allows character customisation, but then makes it possible to max out everything and/or makes all possible paths through the game available regardless of build.

• Options
    The next Deus Ex should reward you somehow for not turning into a giant evil robot. The reward for the giant evil robot path are self-evident.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    deus ex HR was not finished

• Options
    2012 - Marvin Martian
    TBA - Speedy Gonzales
    TBA - Pepe le Pew
    TBA - Bugs Bunny
    TBA - ACME Warehouse

CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film
    CGI/Live Action film

sad+face.jpg

That could be computer generated cartoons, which I hear is pretty standard for modern animation. Not really any better or worse than traditional purely hand drawn animation but a lot cheaper.

CGI/Live action means "CGI cartoons in a real life setting". See also: Alvin and the Chipmunks, Yogi Bear, Smurfs. I could watch pure CGI, but that blend of the two media hasn't been done well since Roger Rabbit.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    japan wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

It's always kind of disappointing when a game allows character customisation, but then makes it possible to max out everything and/or makes all possible paths through the game available regardless of build.

The majority of the time I spent playing DX:HR was out of OCD to have to explore EVERY room and take down ALL the guards silently and without anyone discovering anything then backtracking through EVERY path I could have taken to reach the last part of the mission.

edit: this may have been why I ended up not enjoying the game all that much.

but I just had to be absolutely certain I wasn't missing any praxis kits or anything important

Daxon on
  • Options
    I could watch pure CGI, but that blend of the two media hasn't been done well since Roger Rabbit.

Bullshit.

• Options
    Daxon wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

So you thought the latter half of the game maintained some measure of difficulty?

The game started with any difficulty? Look just because they screwed the pooch on balance doesn't mean I think your method is an improvment.

• Options
    I could watch pure CGI, but that blend of the two media hasn't been done well since Roger Rabbit.

Bullshit.

I knew I'd forgotten something.

My distaste is more towards CGI/Live Action rather than 2D/Live Action anyway.

• Options
    Fifty Cent should be an unlockable character in Deus Ex. Him and Batman.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Daxon wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

The majority of the time I spent playing DX:HR was out of OCD to have to explore EVERY room and take down ALL the guards silently and without anyone discovering anything then backtracking through EVERY path I could have taken to reach the last part of the mission.

but I just had to be absolutely certain I wasn't missing any praxis kits or anything important

the quote that you made embedded in here goes against pretty much everything Deus Ex

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Yesterday was the first day I've been on a date as a single girl for a long time, it was really nice.

I also got a bunch of people IRL to play League of Lagends with now! Super exciting!!

I'm so glad I went to the party :)

msmya on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Instead of burqas they should have all the women wear batman costumes all the time. Then if someone is all like "you bitcha ima throw acid at joo!" she can be like *batarang* 'acid is on you, punk'

• Options

Bullshit.

I knew I'd forgotten something.

My distaste is more towards CGI/Live Action rather than 2D/Live Action anyway.

Space Jam was the peak of Western civilization. It's all been downhill from there.

• Options
    I think he just means that the stuff like invisibility is only made available at a certain plot point (Like in the original). You can still merrily customise that way, and it's easier to design the game to challenge you.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote:
    Daxon wrote:
    japan wrote:
    Daxon wrote:

the quote that you made embedded in here goes against pretty much everything Deus Ex

Which quote? The first one?

Well it's either that or severely power down the augs.

Also completely fucking remove the takedown system. Well, perhaps keep takedowns for a heavy combat kind of character. Actually, no, completely remove them.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Why does the D&D website take sooooooooooooo longggggggggggggg to activate Insider content. I want to start working on my character for the new Tuesday game NAO!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    They should also release a gritty pokemon FPSRPG using the Deus Ex engine.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

Bullshit.

Yeah honestly if I'm going to trust anything with a CGI and live action mix it's going to be Looney Tunes

This discussion has been closed.