As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Graves Mechanic Preview up.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    What a weird lane in Ranked

Cait(me)/Wu vs Gragas/Zil

Zil went like 0-4 in lane, poor bastard

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    THE HEIMERDINGER SAGA LP (An unholy mix of rap and power metal with a bit of opera mixed in but without sounding too much like Nightwish because we have dignity)

1. Flipping the Bird / Ice Hurts
    2. Stolen Blues
    3. Brazilian Skarners
    4. All Hope is Lost (They Wandering Our Jungle Like They Fuckin Own It)
    5. Failing at Giving Up
    6. Battle At Middle Inner Tower
    7. Sick Jukes Part One (feat. Wukong the Monkey King)
    8. Bottom Push Polka
    9. Sick Jukes Part Two: Heimerdinger's Last Stand
    10. Caught In The Act (The Baron's Dance)
    11. Mosh In The Brush
    12. We Broke Your Inhibitor
    13. Stolen Blues (Triumphant Reprise)
    14. No Man's Jungle (The Baron's Dance Part Two)
    15. The Decisive Battle
    16. To Victory / From 1/3/1 to 6/4/21

Available soon at your nearest retailer.
    Yes, I'm kind of bored and told a game I did well in as a fucking song list. Also yes I want a metal opera of it.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote:
    So, me and my buddy aren't "awesome" at this game, per se. But we aren't terrible either.

And Sion just rocked our team's socks in Dominion. Figuring it was just unfamiliarity, he bought Sion to try out in the next round and went on a rampage. Is Sion really that silly awesome?

AD sion is basically the strongest solo fighter in the game after he gets items, and it's easy enough to get items on dominion. With his ult up basically nobody can kill him and he can even slug through the likes of Jax or Trynd with his ult on attacking him. If the enemy team is light on CC, he can legitimately fight two or three people at the same time.

The problem is that, while that's all good, he's fairly easy to kite and not particularly great when his ult is down. He's a solid pick, but there are ways around him (much like Jax is really great, but if the enemy is smart they just always fight with people who can spell-kite him.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    So that's a neat bug, if you have a gunblade on cooldown and buy another, you can fire the new one before the other comes off cooldown and not reset the original.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Are you, are you ready for a NEW ANNIE SKIN?
    Riot if you actually dressed Annie as the Monster instead of Annie being Frankenstein and Tibbers being the Monster I will hurt you.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah I think Annie needed another skin.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    We need Trick or Treat Skarner with a little pumpkin pail hanging off his stinger.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    oh my god incognito blitz just SOUNDS good

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Chances are Annie will be the Bride of Frankenstein.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nealcm wrote:

A part of me really hopes it's this:
    DqW6U.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    nealcm wrote:

A part of me really hopes it's this:
    DqW6U.jpg

I... AM... ABOMINATION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzb93DV0Joo

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Incognito Blitzcrank should just be Inspector Gadget.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Glad I held off on buying skins. There's like 3 singed skins I like, and almost bought one. guess I'll go with surfed singed when it's on sale now.

• Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    Incognito Blitzcrank should just be Inspector Gadget.

holy shit i bet it is this

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    tomorrow I am going to man up

I am going to play lichbane sona fuck the haters

• Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote:
    Luiane wrote:
    Tommatt wrote:
    Luiane wrote:
    Should be possible with some routes, starting blue and putting out obscene amount of boxes should be possible pre 20 too. Might be harder with the rest of the jungle though.

The one video I've seen has shaco placing boxes for red and mini. 2 at mini, 3 at red. I tried this at 17 and died. I assume this mean red was a better start for him. Guess I could box and leash blue too.

I'm guessing his ganks revolve around shiv, or is it the Q?

That start is good for early ganks with red buff, but more rune dependant than starting at blue. I have not timed the different paths, but I believe that starting with the mixed boxes is probably somewhat faster. It is not as safe in my opinion though.

I often start cloth +5hp, place as many boxes as possible right where the blue golem spawns. When he spawns you should have enough boxes that they will be able to kill him very fast, so you won't even have to pot. Take the knife as second skill and go wolves - wraiths - red - minis.

I usually go boxes at level one and 3, pick up deceive at 4 when doing this route. Then gank, buy wriggles, or parts for that.

It is however also very funny if the enemy team also has a jungler, to steal their wraiths using one or two boxes (smiting the big one) and then boxing their wraith bush up. Then, when their jungler comes stumbling you get a pretty much guaranteed first blood.

Oh, and about ganking: even if you deceive from a bush, the cloud effect still shows for the enemy. The best general approach is still to deceive onto the enemy while your allies move in. With red and two-shiv poison you should keep them nice and slow. Remember that after using the throw your basic attacks won't apply any slow, so don't use that too early.

Whew, turned into a rather long post.

Thank you for that! Im gonna load up a custom tonight (or maybe just straight to a bot game) load up boxes on blue and see how that goes. I really need a jungler who can gank to get me used to that part of the game more. And shaco has been a blast on dominion.

*edit*

Enemy wraith creeps. Would it be a good idea to slow my jungle by going to their wraith camp first, just so it's all boxed up and then wolves/wraiths/mini's or something like that?

I have only stolen the wraiths while waiting to gank their jungler, it might be viable to just steal their wraiths and then do your own jungle, however the lack of blue buff might make it harder. It is also very fun when the enemy jungler walks into 5-6 boxes that all start firing while you stab at him.

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Luiane wrote:
    Tommatt wrote:
    Luiane wrote:
    Tommatt wrote:
    Luiane wrote:
    Should be possible with some routes, starting blue and putting out obscene amount of boxes should be possible pre 20 too. Might be harder with the rest of the jungle though.

The one video I've seen has shaco placing boxes for red and mini. 2 at mini, 3 at red. I tried this at 17 and died. I assume this mean red was a better start for him. Guess I could box and leash blue too.

I'm guessing his ganks revolve around shiv, or is it the Q?

That start is good for early ganks with red buff, but more rune dependant than starting at blue. I have not timed the different paths, but I believe that starting with the mixed boxes is probably somewhat faster. It is not as safe in my opinion though.

I often start cloth +5hp, place as many boxes as possible right where the blue golem spawns. When he spawns you should have enough boxes that they will be able to kill him very fast, so you won't even have to pot. Take the knife as second skill and go wolves - wraiths - red - minis.

I usually go boxes at level one and 3, pick up deceive at 4 when doing this route. Then gank, buy wriggles, or parts for that.

It is however also very funny if the enemy team also has a jungler, to steal their wraiths using one or two boxes (smiting the big one) and then boxing their wraith bush up. Then, when their jungler comes stumbling you get a pretty much guaranteed first blood.

Oh, and about ganking: even if you deceive from a bush, the cloud effect still shows for the enemy. The best general approach is still to deceive onto the enemy while your allies move in. With red and two-shiv poison you should keep them nice and slow. Remember that after using the throw your basic attacks won't apply any slow, so don't use that too early.

Whew, turned into a rather long post.

Thank you for that! Im gonna load up a custom tonight (or maybe just straight to a bot game) load up boxes on blue and see how that goes. I really need a jungler who can gank to get me used to that part of the game more. And shaco has been a blast on dominion.

*edit*

Enemy wraith creeps. Would it be a good idea to slow my jungle by going to their wraith camp first, just so it's all boxed up and then wolves/wraiths/mini's or something like that?

I have only stolen the wraiths while waiting to gank their jungler, it might be viable to just steal their wraiths and then do your own jungle, however the lack of blue buff might make it harder. It is also very fun when the enemy jungler walks into 5-6 boxes that all start firing while you stab at him.

I'm so used to not getting blue buff till late (lvl 19, have mainly only WW jungled) that I probably underestimate how useful it is. But for some reason the thought of stealing wraiths, planting boxes, then going to my own jungle only to hear "first blood" while I'm doing my own wolves sounds hilarious.

Unless I'm thinking about the boxes wrong. I'm assuming they wouldn't pop until the enemy came up to attack a wraiths, and then aggro'ing them while my boxes go off.

Are boxes useful outside of murder bushes?

• Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    The thing is that early on you need quite a few boxes to be able to kill the enemy before the fear runs out - if they are smart they can flash away otherwise. It might be possible to just leave boxes and then go tu your jungle, but you would be very low on mana. Of course, if it does work you could just steal wraith - box gank setup - base - your own jungle. Not sure what items you would want to go for then, maybe a vamp sceptre + pot and then try and buy a cloth when you go back. Might not be able to afford that though. I have found that the enemy jungler often comes about around 2:30 or so, depending on the champ of course.

Luiane on
    Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    "Breakout Graves" and "Mercenary Graves" .... neither of these sound like they're going to have a cowboy hat. : (

• Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Aegis wrote:
    janna is now 13-0 in ranked

this is your PSA to play janna

I've been meaning to ask, what's your skill build with her? Maximize shield and then E or Q? I've tended to level Q and E similarly until folks mentioned they'd like a stronger shield and I was looking at the damage increase of W recently when it's levelled up and it seemed enticing to prioritize that over Q. But then if I have Q levelled my pokes/early game ganks feel like they have a lot more oomph.

First point is either Q or E, holding point until sure that there won't be a level 1 team fight. If there is teamfight, level Q and commence tornadownage. If not, depends on lane, whether you get Q or E first.

Whichever one you get, get the other one at level 2, then W, then max out E as soon as possible. Max out Q after you max out E, max out W last. Get ult when you can get it.

It really is important to get your shield up in levels...health and damage is crucial all the time. Leveling Q is nice for poking, yes, but the situations where the damage difference will matter are very rare. On the other hand, you use shield for everything. I max Q after I max shield though, mostly for lane pushing and defending.

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Early morning LOL is all trolls. Or at least, I can't imagine why else you would choose the champions these cretins choose.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    PA LoL community, I have some need of your collective wisdom!

I'm at that point where my regular group of awesomesauce players are regularly employing junglers, but the opposing teams generally are not. Thus, a lot of the time our solo-top is 2v1.

Given that the only role I'm not wholly comfortable with right now is jungler (more on that later), I'll rotate through mid, carry on bottom (ad or ap, depending on teamcomp), support, and solo-top, which is actually one of my favorite roles. Problem is, I've been having some difficulty recently playing solo-top 2v1.

My usual go-to is Nasus, because I can farm the hell out of his Q, be a good off-tank (Rammus is one of our regular junglers), and just utterly neutralise the opposing AD Carry in teamfights thanks to Wither. I do, however, have several other champions that work solo-top that I enjoy playing: Akali, Malphite, Riven, and to a lesser extent, Skarner (lulz) and Blitzcrank. I have some others available that I'm thinking about trying out (like Sion), but I'd just like an opinion on who can 2v1 solo-top most effectively. Until I have some tanky items on Nasus, it's very hard to get in there and last-hit for my Q and gold. If I stay within XP range, sure, I get the levels, but no gold, no tanky items, no Q farm, and they just tower-dive me and I can't really hurt them so well, nor can I lifesteal the damage they deal enough to survive.

My OTHER question, is more about jungling. I've jungled as Warwick a fair amount, and am comfortable with his jungle path, and know that in theory I should be able to gank okay, but as I'm level 30 I should be able to jungle with anyone. I was thinking Amumu perhaps, as no-one else in our group really plays him and he has pretty decent ganks, but Lee Sin is also a possibility (even though someone in our group plays a meeeean Lee Sin). Any suggestions for a good jungler to practice with would be awesome.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    2 v 1 is going to be a nightmare if the two have even a semblance of a clue. I mean, sure, I've rocked 2 v 1 lanes as Teemo against Akali and Nidalee, but those players were drooling troglodytes.

You'll want someone insanely beefy with harass and sustain, like, say, Yorick. And you'll want ganks.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I had a feeling that part of the answer would be 'buy Yorick'. Nasus just don't have the harass.

I guess Akali is not a good choice for 2v1? Malphite with Regrowth+Pot into Philo, or Doran's Shield?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    People are going to call me crazy for this.

Mordekaiser.

9/0/21, Ghost or Flash and Teleport, MPen Reds/Health Regen per level Yellows/AP per level Blues/Flat AP Quints. Start with either an Amplifying Tome and a pot or a Doran's Shield. Go EWEQER. Rush your arse off to a Hextech Revolver. Sit behind your creep waves and as soon as they come in to last hit, smack them with E for a big shield (get some creeps in the radius as well) and retreat. Those regen yellows start adding up super quickly and then once you get your Hextech life becomes substantially easier and by about level 4-5 you'll be clearing creep waves so quickly with just Q and E that they won't have anything to hide behind. Added to which, if you throw his W on one of your minions it can last-hit for you.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Dunxco wrote:
    People are going to call me crazy for this.

Mordekaiser.

9/0/21, Ghost or Flash and Teleport, MPen Reds/Health Regen per level Yellows/AP per level Blues/Flat AP Quints. Start with either an Amplifying Tome and a pot or a Doran's Shield. Go EWEQER. Rush your arse off to a Hextech Revolver. Sit behind your creep waves and as soon as they come in to last hit, smack them with E for a big shield (get some creeps in the radius as well) and retreat. Those regen yellows start adding up super quickly and then once you get your Hextech life becomes substantially easier and by about level 4-5 you'll be clearing creep waves so quickly with just Q and E that they won't have anything to hide behind. Added to which, if you throw his W on one of your minions it can last-hit for you.

Doesn't work anymore. They overnerfed his shield. Won't stop very much, if any, harassment. If they just dropped the percentage gain, it would've been fine. If they had just dropped the extra shield for multiple hits, it woul've been fine. With both, no way can you put out enough shield to stop a meaningful amount of damage pre 6. Assuming competent opponents of course

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    So hybrid MiFo...Not sure if want?

Been building her Zerk Boots, Gunblade, RageBlade, TriForce, ?Malady?, ?Nashors? (although I never get to Nash and rarely get to Malady).

Feel like I'm doing more damage overall and feel more important in teamfights, but I feel less useful in the role of a pusher etc due to the loss of ridiculous AS + ridiculous AD.

Thoughts?

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Preventing damage is always a guaranteed useful effect which is I why I support maxing shield ASAP

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Preventing damage is always a guaranteed useful effect which is I why I support maxing shield ASAP

Mordekaiser doesn't have a shield skill you can put points in, or even a move that specifically generates extra shield. He's got an armor/magic buff, but that's arguably worse to max than just maxing other stuff to generate more shield.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Kay wrote:
    PA LoL community, I have some need of your collective wisdom!

I'm at that point where my regular group of awesomesauce players are regularly employing junglers, but the opposing teams generally are not. Thus, a lot of the time our solo-top is 2v1.

Given that the only role I'm not wholly comfortable with right now is jungler (more on that later), I'll rotate through mid, carry on bottom (ad or ap, depending on teamcomp), support, and solo-top, which is actually one of my favorite roles. Problem is, I've been having some difficulty recently playing solo-top 2v1.

(snip)

Cho-Gath, Maokai, and Galio are the go-tos for 1v2 since they build defensively and have two AoE damage skills early for fire-and-forget farming. Gragas, Heimerdinger, and Mordekaiser could also work but because they build for AP they're more susceptible to dives. As someone else noted Yorick would work as well.

Zoelef on
  • Options
    Enigma435Enigma435 Registered User regular
    Galio, morgana, gragas, cait, cho are camps I've had an easy enough time going 1v2 with up top. I've probably got a few more, but I can't think of them now. I think the ability to clear creeps from beyond their harass is of great importance in that situation and those champs are good at it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote:
    i have 523 RP

should i buy orianna, or urgot

OR save up for graves?

A good tip: don't buy champions with RP. Unless you mean getting Graves with the bundle, but even then.

Pages behind, but what's wrong with spending RP on champs?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Just seems a bit of a waste when you don't have to and some people are on a budget.

• Options
    Glal wrote:
    Just seems a bit of a waste when you don't have to and some people are on a budget.

I just think it's interesting how differently we might regard spending money in a free to play game. On the one hand it's like, why spend real money on something you can eventually get for "free" through just playing the game more? On the other hand, I just spent 6 years paying $15 a month for WoW. I've been playing LoL since July and have spent maybe....$60? Works out about the same :)

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    If I've got a bit of spare cash, I'd rather spend the RP and save the IP for runes.

• Options
    After the nerf, I had more success generating shield for Morde with Q than with E. I think that was what they intended.

I have Galio, and used to play him quite a lot, but I sort of... stopped. Never quite figured out why. Not sure how efficient it'd be to last-hit with Q, but I can give it a try. I'm honestly leaning towards Akali for 2v1, given her stupid burst, and the fact that I could just dump my shroud if they tower dive me after taking a hit, hide in the shroud to see if they stay, and if they do, Q->AA->Q and then go from there. Plus, free ranged last-hits with Q because no mana. Galio runs out pretty quickly if you use Q to last hit, I'm pretty sure.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Glal wrote:
    I just think it's interesting how differently we might regard spending money in a free to play game. On the one hand it's like, why spend real money on something you can eventually get for "free" through just playing the game more? On the other hand, I just spent 6 years paying $15 a month for WoW. I've been playing LoL since July and have spent maybe....$60? Works out about the same :)
    Just a matter of perception of worth. I find LoL's prices too high for what they offer as is (skins should be a couple of bucks at the most, IMO), so buying skins on sale is as far as I allow myself to spend.
    Contrast this with City of Heroes, where paying what you'd spend on a single skin in LoL unlocks a brand new powerset forever, or two full costume sets. Consequently, I've spent more money there already despite playing LoL more often, because it actually feels like a fair price.

Glal on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Had an annoying game start last night; we had a good team setup, no jungler, Ezreal and I as Kayle on bottom lane.

Against Sion and Garen, whom Ezreal died to 4 times in 8 minutes. Then he left the lane to 3v1 top, as the enemy team had a jungle Trynd.

I put my team on mute and concentrated on getting my farm up, protecting my tower and not dying. Many potions were consumed.

I unmuted my team sometime during mid-game and we proceeded to win all but one teamfight, securing Baron, towers and inhibs. At the end, I pushed Top while my team held off and then killed them in mid, allowing me to crush the lane and nexus with ease.

The best part? Ezreal evened up his kills and deaths right before the finish with an unofficial Quadra kill. Crazy stuff.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Glal wrote:
    Glal wrote:
    Just a matter of perception of worth. I find LoL's prices too high for what they offer as is (skins should be a couple of bucks at the most, IMO), so buying skins on sale is as far as I allow myself to spend.
    Contrast this with City of Heroes, where paying what you'd spend on a single skin in LoL unlocks a brand new powerset forever, or two full costume sets. Consequently, I've spent more money there already despite playing LoL more often, because it actually feels like a fair price.

Exactly. I only buy champs with RP, not skins. I find it worth it, so problem solved :D

I bought the digital collector's pack and then the second 20 champ pack. I bought Lee Sin on sale, and paid full price for Xerath. I think I've gotten pretty good value out of those purchases so far, I think. I generally think about entertainment dollars per hour, and use going to movies or out to a bar as my benchmarks. Game purchases usually come out ahead in fun efficiency. I think I have a problem D:

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    Enigma435Enigma435 Registered User regular
    Kay wrote:
    After the nerf, I had more success generating shield for Morde with Q than with E. I think that was what they intended.

I have Galio, and used to play him quite a lot, but I sort of... stopped. Never quite figured out why. Not sure how efficient it'd be to last-hit with Q, but I can give it a try. I'm honestly leaning towards Akali for 2v1, given her stupid burst, and the fact that I could just dump my shroud if they tower dive me after taking a hit, hide in the shroud to see if they stay, and if they do, Q->AA->Q and then go from there. Plus, free ranged last-hits with Q because no mana. Galio runs out pretty quickly if you use Q to last hit, I'm pretty sure.

Just build a chalice on galio since he's the only person it is good on and you can farm and harass all day unless you literally cast every time it is available immediately. That and bulwark and you're set. He's basically unable to lose lanes after 900 gold.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.