As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

With a big [chat] on his hip

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    CAT DADDY

CAT DADDY

CAAAAT DADDYYYYY

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So Portal 2 DLC is coming next week. :D

Also, it's free. :D:D

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWZwLCKyR1Q

I block a hater like a goalie
    Pockets guacamole

• Options
    fifty one million people can't be wrong

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWZwLCKyR1Q

I block a hater like a goalie
    Pockets guacamole

Is it quadruple platinum yet?

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat].

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    If anyone on DKs minecraft server wants some melon seeds I found some and got a farm started. Plenty available for all at this point.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Ah, fuck's sake. Mom's computer is dead and trying to get into Setup mode just doesn't happen. Tried putting in a Linux disk to boot from it when I figured it was a Windows issue, but it looks like the hardware got fucked somehow. Probably the hard drive is dead.

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    dune shields are hilarious

even as a kid i was thinking "so this guy decided that fighting with swords and knives is just so cool that he had to come up with the most blatantly contrived sci-fi handwave to make them exist as valid weapons in the far future"
    I've always thought they were more an extension of the consequences of the realization that "hey, if personal shields existed, wouldn't the user just suffocate as they exhausted the air supply inside the shield?"

• Options
    Ah, fuck's sake. Mom's computer is dead and trying to get into Setup mode just doesn't happen. Tried putting in a Linux disk to boot from it when I figured it was a Windows issue, but it looks like the hardware got fucked somehow. Probably the hard drive is dead.

it would boot from a live cd if it was just a dead hard drive

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    I dunno, I think the idea that technology gets so far that we design shields against firearms used at the time and oh shit, really primitive weapons like knives just happen to pass right through is really cool.

It even happens currently, if I'm not mistaken. I believe bullet-proof vests are quite vulnerable to blades.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote:

it would boot from a live cd if it was just a dead hard drive

Yeah, I was poking around a bit more and figured out that's likely not it. Snap assumption based on the luck we've had with them here, though.

It's giving a "boot up failed at PnP5" error which I haven't seen before. Searching it isn't really conclusive, so I'll probably do some work on it tomorrow given that it's 3am right now.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    man tons of fucking retards coming to the hotel tonight

• Options
    might be a dead battery on the mobo, if you're lucky

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    This page needs some balance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE

• Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    Stewart Copeland is acting a goddamned fool in that video.

I love it.

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    I wonder how it'd be to live in a world where everyone you know will probably be dead by 35.

You must feel so.. rushed.

• Options
    Watching very silly show called Epic Win.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I see you girls checkin' out my trunks
    I see you girls checkin' out the front of my trunks
    I see you girls lookin' at my junk
    Then checkin' out my rump
    Then back to my sugalumps

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Riddle me this: everyone around me has wi-fi. As a result there are no channels which aren't well-spaced from other channels.

So what's the better solution: to choose the least contended, but well separated channel (i.e. Channel 1 or something) or to choose a channel which might overlap with two others, but (presumably) has a peak which is clear?

• Options
    This show

has a really creepy presenter at the same time.

It's clearly put on, but he has one of those "Yessssss, she. will. be. doing. this" robot voices

• Options
    My very clever plan to have my hair cut has run into a snag, in the form of my local hairdresser being several hundred miles from where I expected her to be.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Riddle me this: everyone around me has wi-fi. As a result there are no channels which aren't well-spaced from other channels.

So what's the better solution: to choose the least contended, but well separated channel (i.e. Channel 1 or something) or to choose a channel which might overlap with two others, but (presumably) has a peak which is clear?

Use a scanner to check out the 5Ghz space, see if you can use N there.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Mornin' [chat]. I've got too much unfun shit to do.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    That reminds me, I should go to sleep because I have a bunch of things to do tomorrow

• Options
    Apparently it being your brothers wedding who isnt even staying here, is an excuse to be allowed to smoke weed much less on hotel property.

• Options
    Hey, since it's October, is it time to start thinking about Secret Santa?

• Options
    It is October

It is shorts weather

Summer came very late this year.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I dunno, I think the idea that technology gets so far that we design shields against firearms used at the time and oh shit, really primitive weapons like knives just happen to pass right through is really cool.

It even happens currently, if I'm not mistaken. I believe bullet-proof vests are quite vulnerable to blades.

it does not happen currently. A guy with a knife against a guy with a gun will lose 99% of the time.

when they're more than ten paces apart, 100% of the time.

Dune had ranged weapons though, those slow-dart stun guns things

but they were like ranged weapons in the middle ages, not effective enough to mean meelee isn't a good idea

bullet-proof vests are only vulnerable to blades because no-one brings a knife to a gunfight

if all your enemies do, bring plate armor.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    oh World of Darkness

for some reason Mori wanted me to look up a random page in a book and it turned out to be a description of a snuff game called "Baby versus Dog." And yes, it is exactly what it sounds like!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Lately the Irish "summer" consists of:

Late May-Early/Mid June: Glorious Weather
    Mid June - Early September: Average temperatures, overcast
    Early-Mid September: Nice Weather

Also, a couple of years ago I was on Holiday in Poland in early October. The weather was glorious the whole time. Two weeks after I got back, my Polish work colleague shows me pictures of the same place experiencing a blizzard.

• Options
    the part where they test the shields for the first time was one of the very few cool parts of the butlerian jihad

that they had shields completely identical in function ten thousand years earlier was stupid though but I loved how they used it

shields on, immune against everything those slaves shoot, throw or really, swing at you because they do it too quick, punch everybody to death with metal gloves we happen to have

shields off, shoot everyone! then shields on again and get back to punching again.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Arivia wrote:
    oh World of Darkness

for some reason Mori wanted me to look up a random page in a book and it turned out to be a description of a snuff game called "Baby versus Dog." And yes, it is exactly what it sounds like!

if any baby won that, I would adopt that baby on the spot

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Arivia wrote:
    oh World of Darkness

..wow thats uhh yeah.

Similarly I did read the plot outline for "A Serbian Film" anyone involved with the creation of that movie should be shot.

• Options
    Abdy subscribes to Spartan child raising techniques.

• Options

The technology behind kinetic barriers is something I would love to see before I die. But so is humans on mars, and I don't think we will see that either.

• Options
    Abdy subscribes to Spartan child raising techniques.

no but like, if I happened across a baby who could kill a dog with his hands I would adopt that babby

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    the only issue is that the baby gets turned into a vampire first

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    the annoying thing about dune is that according to the prequels, they've had shields for ten thousand years yet still haven't been able to figure out how to make a gun penetrate it

it's not that hard

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I read a World of Darkness novel once.

It involved a spell based on pulling werewolf spooge out of a human's cooch.

Boy I sure do love Dungeons and Dragons.

This discussion has been closed.