As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween! Last Minute Costume Ideas Go!

Lost SalientLost Salient blink twiceif you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Social Entropy++
...to terrorize your neighborhood, obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA&ob=av2n

So, 'tis the season, ladies and gentlemen! I don't know about the rest of you, but I am essentially an 8-year-old trapped in an adult's body, and accordingly, I fucking love Halloween.

When else* can you dress up in a costume and be rewarded with alcohol and candy, instead of jeers and scorn?

discount_star_wars_costumes.jpg

It's basically an awesome excuse to be a kid again. You get to be crafty and make your own costume, like those guys up there did... err... right.

You get to eat bad food with a curtailed guilt level:

1.jpg

If you're old enough, you get to go out and party with other people wearing silly costumes and get silly drunk on silly things like boozy rum drinks called Witches' Brew.

You can also decorate your house! And carve pumpkins! (Or paint, if you're too cool for carving.) And create spooky playlists to "play when the kids ring the doorbell" but secretly you're going to put them on your iPod and listen to them all month! ...or maybe that's just me.

And of course, Halloween means it's also time for the perennial Scary Movie Marathon. Like you haven't been watching scary movies anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqvmQYpzLRs

So tell me, SE++... What are your plans? Got a costume in the works? Any recipes you'll be making? Movies you'll be watching? Or if you just want to hash out whether The Descent made you pee your pants or not, I'm okay with that too.

*discluding furries, cosplayers, drag queens, theatre folks and... okay actually there are a lot of people who are luckier than I am on this score, I guess

RUVCwyu.jpg
"Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
Lost Salient on

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    this year i am going as the choose goose from adventure time

aka ed wynn

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Man, I gotta come up with a costume.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    last year I wore a pair of sunglasses and said I was prince

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    holy shit i hate halloween so much

i wish it didn't exist

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I've had the Adventure Time theme song stuck in my head for a week now, basically.

I can't decide what I'm going to go as and I have, I mean, basically this weekend to make up my mind.

It's between Bride of Frankenstein, one of the Thundercats, a Ghostbuster... or Sexy 1900's Steel Conglomerate Tycoon.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Last year I went to two parties dressed in a fairly accurate Brock Samson outfit and no one knew who I was.

It was then, I realized, that I am a nerd.

• Options
    I'm lazy

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Hopefully im going as orson randall this year. Need to find a brown trench coat and good boots though.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    I'm thinking either

ngbbs4b70e9f63593b.jpg

or

original.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Fandyien, that is heartbreaking.

Do you just hate free candy, or...?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    I'm thinking either

ngbbs4b70e9f63593b.jpg

You dig giant robots

I dig giant robots

Chicks dig giant robots

Just saying.

• Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    My roommate and I are hosting a halloween party (you are all invited).

I'm struggling with a costume idea this year. Usually I do something nerdy but I feel that as a host I should be something more recognizable since most of my guests won't be from the internet. Also it needs to be as least cumbersome as possible since I'll be moving around a lot doing party host things.

1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Went as Michael Douglas from Falling Down last year to some bars. Easy costume that got a pretty great reaction.

Also, I've never done Cedar Point's "Halloweekends" and am finally doing it this year.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I love Halloween but not this year. Too much shit going on right around the epicenter of the holiday. Shitty. :( I'll pass out candy to kids, dress up the house but that is it.

Come get me when it's the Christmas thread.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Tis the devil's day

that's fer sure

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Fandyien, that is heartbreaking.

Do you just hate free candy, or...?

free candy rocks

i just hate halloween parties and people and more then anything, people having fun

i've had nothin' but bad halloweens

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm too lazy to make a costume, but I enjoy seeing women dress as themed whores.

• Options
    I too hate people having fun, unless I am one of them. But you can't give up on the holiday! You could have an awesome one this time. Maybe?

Butters the one time I went to Halloweekends I had a ton of fun! I mean it's very silly, but riding rollercoasters late at night is cool. And so are haunted houses, even when they're not very scary.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be there with a shitload of people so it should be pretty cool.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    We're doing a Halloween party at our new apartment this year.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Any excuse to get pissed and wear costumes is great in my book.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    can we do a pumpkin carving contest

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    holy shit i love halloween so much

i wish the rest of the year didn't exist

Okay, not really, but I am so all about Halloween it's crazy. Best part of the year no question.

• Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Crow Christmas is the best part of the year

But Halloween is a close second.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Halloween is fantastic.

I'm thinking of making one of these:

plaguedr.jpg

Flay on
  • Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    I prefer Halloween to Christmas sorry Voprororooror that's my opinion

Christmas is pretty nice, though.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    can we do a pumpkin carving contest

yeah that would be pretty cool

I won't be partaking but still

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Halloween is the best

let's all make our avatars spooky

• Options
    forum history: this was my halloween av but I never got rid of it

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    bonfires burning bright
    pumpkin faces in the night
    I remember Halloween

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm considering going as Ming the Merciless this Halloween.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    FAQ wrote:
    forum history: this was my halloween av but I never got rid of it

huh

this explains a lot

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I've been thinking about making a mask with a 3D printer.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

that is an awesome idea

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    bonfires burning bright
    pumpkin faces in the night
    I remember Halloween

Dead cats hanging from poles
    Little dead are out in droves
    I remember Halloween

Also one of my favorite times of year. Likely won't be dressing up, but will decorate, and have plenty of candy on hands for any trick or treaters. If that candy just HAPPENS to be all my favorite kinds... well... someones gotta eat it if no kids show up.

Walmart had some skull and crossbones, coffin, and tombstone cookie cutters! I'm gonna make the best cookies to bring to work!

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Halloween is my birthday

It is always very fun

well except that one time

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:

that is an awesome idea

Two things I like about it. I'm already bald, and the costume is already cheesy as fuck so it would be pretty easy to make without having to worry about making it look good.

belruelotterav-1.jpg