As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Life is finally good. Simon's first birthday today!

1636465666769»

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Is

Is the JoeUser signal how you summon cute pictures to feel better

Because I feel pretty good but I suppose I could always use more cute pictures!

he finds people jobs as a hobby and he is really good at it!

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I love how the guy in the background of that second photo is all "Is that BABY eating a PIZZA?"

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well Josh, I am sorry to hear that abou-

Wait, good news? Where I am? THIS IS NOT THE THREAD I THOUGHT I ENTERED.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Woooooooooooooo!

So happy for you josh, congratulations!

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Yayyy

poo
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    Awesome news!

Glad to hear things have changed for the best dude.

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So you should be due to hit a gigantic lo0ttery jackpot any day now.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    God damn, Josh, I'm so glad to hear the awesome news!

... and now I want pizza.

Mmmmm... om nom nom.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Am I Daniel-San

Is the bad guy cancer

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Josh we aren't friends and we barely know the other exists

But I want you to know that this update made me so happy

And while I know that having people pulling for you made a real difference and the positive power of this community is something we should all be proud of

At the end of the day, it was still all you

You're a goddamn inspiration and you deserve all the happiness ever

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It's funny you say that @Olivaw because you have been one of my favorite posters here since I started

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    It's funny you say that @Olivaw because you have been one of my favorite posters here since I started

Well... shucks

I assume I never make an impression on anyone

Now I feel bad for not watching your Let's Plays

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Well... shucks

You really should. IWTBTG is intense as hell.. and his playing of VVVVVV is the only reason I bought the game. Very proud I 100%'ed that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I have to say.

I have sat here and read this entire thread tonight.

I have never had so many ups and downs and roller coasters as I did tonight.

@Joshofalltrades:: Bless you. You have stood strong and tall through what would crush most mortals and I cannot possibly be more impressed or have more respect for you, and your wife honestly, than I think I am feeling right now. Everything that that could be said by others has, and their words seem far more adequate than mine. But while reading the thread I was sending you so many good thoughts and prayers and I will continue to keep you in my heart and mind every night.

To everybody else, i have been moved to absolute tears of joy and awe by this thread, everybody's outpouring of generosity and love. There are no words adequate for me to even express how just amazing and incredible you all are and how very inspiring it is. You all make me want to be a better person deep down and in every possible way. I am so proud to call this place my home on the internet. I love you all so very much.

• Options
    To everybody else, i have been moved to absolute tears of joy and awe by this thread, everybody's outpouring of generosity and love. There are no words adequate for me to even express how just amazing and incredible you all are and how very inspiring it is. You all make me want to be a better person deep down and in every possible way. I am so proud to call this place my home on the internet. I love you all so very much.

You took the words right out of my... fingers?

• Options
    Olivaw wrote: »

Well... shucks

Hey, if LPs aren't your thing, they aren't your thing!

And nah man, you're a forum treasure

• Options
    @JoeUser aside, I've been applying at a bunch of places just to see what happens

Oddly enough, a lot of them have been in Ireland. Which incidentally happens to be a place that's on my bucket list as somewhere I want to stay for a while

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    @JoeUser aside, I've been applying at a bunch of places just to see what happens

Oddly enough, a lot of them have been in Ireland. Which incidentally happens to be a place that's on my bucket list as somewhere I want to stay for a while

Hey! What are you looking for, and where?

• Options
    Oh wow, sorry I didn't notice this post.

Looking for research positions (preferably environmental in nature, and one that lets me use the chemistry part of my degree).

But at this point, anything related to environmental science or earth science is something I could probably handle. I just made a pretty complex model in COMSOL Multiphysics with two-phase Fick's Law fluid dynamics and porous media flow simulation. I think I could handle whatever is thrown at me, even if I don't have direct experience with it.

@JoeUser Thanks for everything, man.