Options

[BATTLEFIELD 3] Be advised

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Rabbit Duck for life

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    So let me get this straight, the Return to Kirkland maps will be like BC2 Vietnam - basically a separate game? They won't just be extra maps in the rotation?

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    So here's a question.

You collect dogtags of people you knife in the back. If I kill a guy with T-rex dogtags, will I be able to use T-rex tags for my personal tag?

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote:
    So let me get this straight, the Return to Kirkland maps will be like BC2 Vietnam - basically a separate game? They won't just be extra maps in the rotation?

It's a bit unclear.
    We do know that you can use the Back to Karkand weapons on regular maps.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Beltaine wrote:
    So here's a question.

You collect dogtags of people you knife in the back. If I kill a guy with T-rex dogtags, will I be able to use T-rex tags for my personal tag?

I think so, yes!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    There should be nopefish and "oops I crapped my pants" dogtags.

• Options
    I surprised there wasn't a "u mad, bro?" dogtag

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote:
    kirkland_signature_logo.jpg?

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote:
    kirkland_signature_logo.jpg?

Karkand. Well I'm just a big dumb animal folks.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I just got some Return to Kirkland undershirts! They came with my pre-order of 3 giant bags of doritos.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    pabhpabh Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Twigzer James Naughton
    @Thylander Can you tell anything about co-op unlocks for multiplayer?
    3 hours ago
    in reply to ↑
    Fredrik Thylander
    @Thylander Fredrik Thylander
    @Twigzer Sure. There's about 6 or so guns for various classes (or all) to be gotten for MP from playing coop. Like the M39 EBR
    3 hours ago via TweetDeck
    replies ↓
    Diederik Dolf
    Diederikjas Diederik Dolf

@Thylander Cool about those co-op weapons! Me and my brother can't wait.
    2 hours ago
    Tony Meman
    smasht_au Tony Meman

@Thylander @Twigzer Is there anyway to get these without playing co-op?
    3 hours ago

Fredrik Thylander
    @Thylander Fredrik Thylander
    @smasht_au No, but they've been carefully selected to make sure there are other, similar, pieces of equipment available through pure MP.

possibly explains why some stuff in the beta wasn't unlockable even though it was in the unlock trees

pabh on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    That's really dumb if true.

• Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9gZKvUQJg

edit: co-op unlocks own. I want to be set apart from the lone wolves because I have bros.

angrylinuxgeek on
    sQwJu.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I am really impressed at the amount of stuff unlockable for BF3. I know it will give me more reason to play it. I am hoping the retooling they did to the unlocks means you unlock the best, game-changing stuff early on and the later unlocks are purely cosmetic. Also, I really hope the unlocks keep going until the level cap. It sucked that in BC2 you unlock nothing for the last 30ish levels.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9gZKvUQJg

edit: co-op unlocks own. I want to be set apart from the lone wolves because I have bros.

What I could see of that, through the handy annotations and adverts, was pretty neat.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    TheCanMan on
  • Options
    That can't be right. What BF3 fan has 28 friends?

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:

I want him as my friend.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    It's amazing that with that huge base jump you will have enough free-fall time to discuss your landing options over vent as you're falling.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    26 of those copies will be traded in to Gamestop.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Klyka wrote:
    26 of those copies will be traded in to Gamestop.

Ouch

XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    pabh wrote:
    theres a new origin client in the wild, says required for bf3

This probably won't happen, but it is funny to think about:

On launch day of BF3, EA will release a new origin client with a revised TOS that allows them access to our souls. No one will read it because they are still on that "new-game" high.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    jefe414 wrote:

It's a bit unclear.

Wait. WHAT? Where did you hear this?

And we've pretty much known the Karkand expansion was being treated like BC2:Vietnam. There's no other way to handle it really. People will have to pay for it after launch, so you can't include it with vanilla BF3 maps, otherwise you run into the problem of people being kicked from servers for lacking that content. Plus there are different weapons and vehicles for that expansion, so it would be pretty jarring having your loadout change COMPLETELY between maps.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    jefe414 wrote:

It's a bit unclear.

And we've pretty much known the Karkand expansion was being treated like BC2:Vietnam. There's no other way to handle it really. People will have to pay for it after launch, so you can't include it with vanilla BF3 maps, otherwise you run into the problem of people being kicked from servers for lacking that content. Plus there are different weapons and vehicles for that expansion, so it would be pretty jarring having your loadout change COMPLETELY between maps.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand-weapons/#more-4298

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    pabhpabh Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote:
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    jefe414 wrote:

It's a bit unclear.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand-weapons/#more-4298

its looking a lot like the back to karkand maps might just be in the standard playlist, as they seem to be of the same style, unlike vietnam where its a different era. Even more so if the weapons bleed across modes. ALSO SO MANY THINGS TO UNLOCK. Also you wont get kicked if you have the special edition of the game. They arent selling normal editions yet anywhere.

• Options
    You know, is it just me, or are we still in the dark about a lot of things?

It's 1 week till release!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the useful info guys.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    jefe414 wrote:

It's a bit unclear.

That's a terrible way to handle it. No matter what you do, you're splitting the community when some will have content that others won't. Why make it even more cumbersome by having a completely different client/front-end for it? Apparently, the weapons can be used anywhere, so letting the maps into normal rotations is fine.

Being kicked off a server because you don't own the map is a fantastic strategy to encourage players to buy those maps. All they really need do is include a filter for "content you don't own," and those servers won't show up if that's what you want.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I need a co-op bro on Tuesday for dat M39.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Klyka wrote:

Karkand Pack isn't coming at release. We don't know when it's coming, but maybe they're saving it till November to steal some of COD's thunder.

And kicking people from servers because they don't own certain maps is a fantastic way of encouraging server owners to NOT run those maps. God I hate DLC map packs :x

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular

If you have a DX11 card, tessellation and displacement mapping will both be enabled on High and Ultra.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

• Options

I hate you SO MUCH.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular

You got it

455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Review outlets still have not received review copies, and won't receive them until after release. Related, I work at a Gamestop and we haven't received our shipment yet. This is quite uncommon, especially for such a big release.

It worries me.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Review outlets still have not received review copies, and won't receive them until after release. Related, I work at a Gamestop and we haven't received our shipment yet. This is quite uncommon, especially for such a big release.

It worries me.

Cancel all pre-orders, immediatly.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

Karkand Pack isn't coming at release. We don't know when it's coming, but maybe they're saving it till November to steal some of COD's thunder.

And kicking people from servers because they don't own certain maps is a fantastic way of encouraging server owners to NOT run those maps. God I hate DLC map packs :x

Yeah I hate the map pack idea as well. Using map packs in a regular map rotation on a BF2 server was the quickest way to kill a server. The only way they really worked was to only use the map pack levels in the rotation and nothing vanilla. I hope they at least include a filter in battlelog so that servers with map packs you don't have don't show up or are marked as such when you try to join.

• Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011

It worries me.

It's purely because DICE is dropping a patch on Day 1 and thus the game will not be reviewed properly until it drops. You won't have an accurate idea of how the game plays until it is patched.

Warcry on
  • Options
    angrylinuxgeekangrylinuxgeek Registered User regular
    so if this launches at midnight PST, I'll def. be waking up early on Tuesday mornin' to play. what are ya'll gonna eat?

i figure i'll drive through bojangles, get some delicious coffee, egg bacon cheese biscuit, sausage biscuit, and bo-rounds. a soldier needs his carbs and caffeine.

sQwJu.png
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    I just realized that this comes out the night before my anthropology midterm.

This isn't good.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Apostate wrote:
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Klyka wrote:

Yeah I hate the map pack idea as well. Using map packs in a regular map rotation on a BF2 server was the quickest way to kill a server. The only way they really worked was to only use the map pack levels in the rotation and nothing vanilla. I hope they at least include a filter in battlelog so that servers with map packs you don't have don't show up or are marked as such when you try to join.

There is a checkmark for "Back to Karkand" in the server browser.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.