As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I don't know about that. You attempted a 1 agility dodge a few more times than I would have risked but otherwise it could have very easily been 1-1.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Banzai5150 wrote:
    Also, if One person from the Match could Post their "Match Report" for us all to see that would be just great. It should be generated at the end of the Match and dumped in your \Documents\Blood Bowl directory somewhere, according to a few things I've read.

The only match report I see is a sqlite file.

Also, it might help to add a few commissioners. They can validate results, and re-set things if there's a problem (disconnects, etc)

EDIT: NURGLE as my first match? Great. At least the rotters he gets won't do him any good :P

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Match report is typing up a quick break down of the key points that happened in the game (like 4 dodges to score the winning touchdown).

I'll be around (though on/off afk doing housework and shit) for the next few hours, if you pop on Witchalok we can get a game going, i'm sitting in the steam group chat.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I need an invite to the Steam group. Profile's in the sig.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I'm planning to get a few screenshots, to combine with notes on major events.

Note that the steam screenshots don't work, but PrintScreen does. There's a folder called screenshots in Documents/Bloodbowl, so I'm guessing they go there.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    There is also this thing, OLBBM, some Online Blood Bowl Manager, but not really sure about what it is/does. I could have sworn there was an export of match data or some such thing.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    It does save replays but they suck. It isn't just every move made in turn, it's like watching the game as it was played, with giant pauses of nothing while someone decides what to do.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote:
    It does save replays but they suck. It isn't just every move made in turn, it's like watching the game as it was played, with giant pauses of nothing while someone decides what to do.

Ah ok, was hoping for something a little more concise to share with people.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Well with regret I sadly report that in the game between Corpekata Corpses vs Dick Punchers, no serious injuries were sustained.

Fans dismayed with such dull events like passes being made and people running around with a ball. Dick Punchers reassure their fans they will earn the red colour of their uniform.

sig.gif
  • Options
    lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    Well with regret I sadly report that in the game between Corpekata Corpses vs Dick Punchers, no serious injuries were sustained.

Fans dismayed with such dull events like passes being made and people running around with a ball. Dick Punchers reassure their fans they will earn the red colour of their uniform.

BOOO!!!! HISS!!!! BOOO!!! You have no right to call yourselves dwarves! Go play with some halflings bro

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • Options
    I blame Regeneration.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Can I get an invite to the Steam Group?

• Options
    After spend most of the day playing single player, I think I've developed a tactic for dealing with elf teams. It's a 2 stag tactic.

1) give up on winning against the spikey haired, effete bastards.
    2) surround individual players and kick the living shit out of them, ideally following up with a visit from someone with the fouling ability.

Thoughts ?

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote:
    After spend most of the day playing single player, I think I've developed a tactic for dealing with elf teams. It's a 2 stag tactic.

2) surround individual players and kick the living shit out of them, ideally following up with a visit from someone with the fouling ability.

Thoughts ?

Are you....are you training for our match D:

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks to Drunken Bastard for our match. I would of won if he didn't make the +1 movement roll at the end to tackle my guy about to score! But it was a good draw and I escaped with only 1 injured player

• Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    We both got away lightly.. I didnt get TD'ed into the stoneage, and your team still lives :P
    Was fun.

As for the offical result : 1:1

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You really should get catchers though...elves can pass and score a td in basically 1 turn.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    One thing to remember is that you don't receive any SPP for injuries if:
    a) The injury is inflicted by a weapon skill
    b) You injure the player using a Foul
    c) You force the player off the pitch and the crowd injures him.
    d) A thrown player (Halfling, Goblin, Snotling) lands on and injures an enemy.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Bethryn wrote:

Well, if option d occurs it is "living the dream" and is worth way more than SPP.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote:
    But if it's against an elf or skaven team you should do it anyway as a favor to anyone who plays them after you :p

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Im wary of fouling early in the game unless the ref has been got...

And it just feels cheap to do it in the last round. (Unless they pissed me off :P)

• Options
    Klyka wrote:
    M-Vickers wrote:

Thoughts ?

Are you....are you training for our match D:

Just practicing with an Amazon team, as I'd not played with them before.

I'm not planning to kill your players, honest !

But if the dice fall that way ? Hey, it's not murder if it's an elf !

• Options
    Kind of wish I'd made a nurgle team because they are pretty damn ridiculous.

And yes whoever plays against WE or Skaven first, it is your duty to throw as many blocks against them as possible. The first two games can absolutely make or break those teams and if you let gutter runners or whatever stay in the game and get spp not only will you lose but we all will as well.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Nurgle Warriors are possibly my favorite positional in the game.

Fuck up the passing game, throw around your 4 ST, be ridiculously durable with Foul Appearance+Regeneration+9 AV

They're definitely up there with Necromantic Werewolves for my favorite. (The latter being like more durable Gutter Runners that kill people in their spare time)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    My 70,000 winnings seems to have turned into 30,000 treasury :(

There is an intermittent but known bug with the winnings. Basically they occasionally get rerolled and there's fuck all that you can do about it. Frustrating as fuck when it happens.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote:

If you press + it speeds it up two times, press again for 4 times speed up (with hilarious speeded up commentators) Makes watching replays a lot easier.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Banzai absolutely MURDERED my lizzies with his humies. He badly hurt 3 or 4 of my sauruses in the first 4 rounds of play. My skinks all emerged unscathed, and in a solo tackle, managed to kill one of his linemen. Revenge! 2:1 banzai. The only bright spot, besides my revenge killing-by-skink, was that I got a saurus touchdown.

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Great game by Kaliyama. (oh, btw, your killing of my character cost me the 50k I got in winnings so I call our game an even trade :P)

I've validated all played games so far. Question about Validating though. Since it is not reversible, should I Wait and do it after someone PM's me? Both teams PM me saying there was no problems? Or what?

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Rami wrote:
    My 70,000 winnings seems to have turned into 30,000 treasury :(

There is an intermittent but known bug with the winnings. Basically they occasionally get rerolled and there's fuck all that you can do about it. Frustrating as fuck when it happens.

It really hurts because dwarves are really expensive and I badly need positionals.

My Dark Elf team is rampaging through single player campaign though. We should make an open league for playing matches outside of the competition.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ok a couple things.

Game Schedule - Currently we're opening on Friday evening, but I was thinking, maybe open on Thursday evening, giving everyone Friday to play as well as the weekend and what not. So my proposed schedule would be Open Games on Thursday evening(Sometime in EST(GMT-5) when I get around to it) and have everyone try to finish up games by Wednesday evening.

Validating Games - I'm debating on a few things, but my current line of thinking is this. I will validate all games Thursday evening before I start the new week. That way, if there is any problems with games, they can be brought up and fixed, and I won't validate a game that has some form of contention going on that I was unaware of. You would then, need to update your rosters before playing your next game. If anyone has a better solution, I'm open to suggestions that doesn't have me logging in and checking games to be updated every few hours.

New OPEN League - if there is enough interest, and nobody else wants to manage it, I will start a new OPEN League for casual fun matches. If we are going to do this, I need to know peoples thoughts on ruleset for the League.

Conceding - Currently I would expect everyone to NOT concede during the game due to the fact their losing. But while I was playing my first match, an interesting development came up and I want to discuss it with everyone. I knocked 3(or 4) of my opponents out of the game in the first half. Is there a point where we can allow the injured team to concede? I am thinking that we just go for the Gentleman way of things and during the game, if you both AGREE, then fine, go ahead and concede. But if one player does not agree, the concede can be brought up to me and force a replay or whatever I have options for doing during disputes. Just remember one thing, that I myself forgot while playing. This is Blood Bowl after all, so injuries and what not are part of the game.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    I really still don't see a problem with conceding period, You never want to concede even if you're losing because if you concede you don't get any gold at all, but there are definitely times where you know your team is going to get too smashed down to make getting any winnings worthwhile, it's part of the game.

• Options
    Conceding in a Blood Bowl League is a 100% total dick move, because the conceding team gives their MVP to the "winning" team, thus the winner gets two MVPs in that case (And thus a bunch of free SPP)

A team that wins via a concession will almost assuredly earn more SPP than a team that wins via conventional means, and also a shorter game where they got a good start and the game ends means there's no chance for the losing team to spite fuck them at any point before the end of the game

Don't concede, guys

• Options
    Turns out my ISP is having problems and I can't connect to the BB servers - it's affecting other Virgin Media users in the UK apparently.

Hopefully we can play tomorrow as planned, Klyka.

I wish there was an Ipad version of BB...

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Maddoc wrote:
    Conceding in a Blood Bowl League is a 100% total dick move, because the conceding team gives their MVP to the "winning" team, thus the winner gets two MVPs in that case (And thus a bunch of free SPP)

A team that wins via a concession will almost assuredly earn more SPP than a team that wins via conventional means, and also a shorter game where they got a good start and the game ends means there's no chance for the losing team to spite fuck them at any point before the end of the game

Don't concede, guys
    If the other team knows what they're doing, and they get off to an extremely good start, a bashy team can conceivably SI/RIP well over half a squishy team, it's worth giving up your winnings and giving the other team an extra mvp if it means your team will actually be able to continue in the league vs just retiring out of it completely.

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    Conceding - Currently I would expect everyone to NOT concede during the game due to the fact their losing. But while I was playing my first match, an interesting development came up and I want to discuss it with everyone. I knocked 3(or 4) of my opponents out of the game in the first half. Is there a point where we can allow the injured team to concede? I am thinking that we just go for the Gentleman way of things and during the game, if you both AGREE, then fine, go ahead and concede. But if one player does not agree, the concede can be brought up to me and force a replay or whatever I have options for doing during disputes. Just remember one thing, that I myself forgot while playing. This is Blood Bowl after all, so injuries and what not are part of the game.[/quote]

I'd keep going if I lose 3-4 players, but I have a large team - I think I have 5 spare players on the bench (albeit players with Dodge as their only skill).

Losing a few expensive position players, though, with no-one on the bench ? I can understand conceding then, if only to spare further bloodshed.

At least the other player doesn't lost out, and still gets SPP and MVP's, etc.

I'd expect conceding to be a mutual decision, although I can't imagine anyone here forcing a crippled side to play on.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote:

Well, if option d occurs it is "living the dream" and is worth way more than SPP.

Option D should give SPP to both the thrower and passer :P

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Witchalok (Orcs) and I (Dark-Elfs) played our match last night. Quite a good game IMO. Meant to write up this last night while it was fresh but my son woke up just as the game finished. Some highlights that I can remember:

First touchdown to me after blitzing through a goblin and breaking his neck in the process. The apothacary tried to heal, but all he did was break it in another spot.

The orcs received, formed up a cage around the ball carrier and slugged down the field. Ball got loose somehow and twice the dark-elves tried for a long bomb up the field but fumbled the pass both times. An orc came in to grab the ball but was too far out from the TD zone. Moved to pass to another who was closer and failed his GFI roll on his last turn.

Halftime Score 1 - 0 Dark-elves

Dark-elfs set up to receive and I sent my blitzer to go for a quick 2 turn TD. However I missed an orc that was within blitzing range and the ball got loose. Then the orcs proceeded to bash the elves around quite severely, quite a few KOs and I quickly felt under manned. Started making some risky moves to try and recoup and they didn't get pulled off. In the end the orcs finally got the ball loose and headed down the field. The ball carrier stood around while the rest of the 2 teams proceeded to try and push each other into the crowd until the final turn when the ball carrier ran it in, equalising the score.

Final result - 1 - 1.

Injuries:
    Orcs- 1 Injured Goblin (broken neck -1 AG), 1 Injured Orc (Smashed Collar bone -1 Str?)

Dark-Elves - 1 Lineman (Damaged Back Niggling Injury), 1 Runner - DEAD!!!!!!

So overall a good game for the fans, lots of bashing, a few passes, and a couple of touchdowns.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I can't say I would ever consider using an apothecary on a Goblin

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think this is probably my favourite team I've ever made that will be retired in two games
    bloodbowllegendary20111j.jpg

Rami on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    I can't say I would ever consider using an apothecary on a Goblin

I figured it was likely to be my only casualty, since the rest of my team's AV is pretty decent, but yeah, it's probably best if I just save it for a Black Orc or Blitzer. The orc with the smashed collar bone was only a lineorc, so still not a big loss.

Great game, Kafka.