As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Solidifying Iron-Clad Opinions in 2:30 or Less

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Sentry wrote:
    I only got about 15 minutes into Buried before I got too claustrophobic. Which was exactly the point so it seems they made a pretty darn good movie.

I saw it on an airplane. It was extremely claustrophobic, to say the least.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    February is where movies go to die, right? So this isn't actually expected to do anything? Right? Looks decent, if not just a guilty pleasure for an Denzel "man on fire" type action movie.

January and February, yes. Sometimes a decent movie comes out during that time, though. But the Feb release date has me thinking "Wait for DVD".

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Does Denzel do stuff that isn't him being a badass these days? I think the last time I saw him in a "tame" role was Inside Man.

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    At first thought, it kind of seems that way. But Unstoppable and Pelham 123 weren't really 'badass'. He's actually about 50/50 over the last decade or so.

Right then - here's the new cut of the Goon trailer (Sean William Scott, Liev Schreiber and other familiar faces).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWYhkViWj98

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So slap shot meets an adam sandler movie?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mid-90s Sandler maybe.

Any recent film comparison and I'll assume your reaction to the trailer involved openly vomiting into the nearest trash can.

• Options
    The Judge wrote:
    Mid-90s Sandler maybe.

Any recent film comparison and I'll assume your reaction to the trailer involved openly vomiting into the nearest trash can.

Well of course back when sandler was just churning out formula sports movies like Happy Gilmore, water boy and uhh shit two, well two!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote:
    I had thought it was a joke. You hear movies and actors getting thrown around, but I guess I didn't know they actually green-lit this.

I present to you the red-band trailer for 21 Jump Street. Just typing that broke a small part of my brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLoKtb4c4W0

that looks like it could be a lot of fun

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Isn't that hockey movie also the premise of the hockey movie Kevin Smith is making?

Sucks to get scooped.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Phoenix Wright trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNAJludbRjQ

I didn't know it was a Miike movie, I can only expect the murders to be graphic and bloody

• Options
    KalTorak wrote:
    Isn't that hockey movie also the premise of the hockey movie Kevin Smith is making?

Sucks to get scooped.

Maybe that will stop Smith from another filmortion.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote:
    Phoenix Wright trailer

I didn't know it was a Miike movie, I can only expect the murders to be graphic and bloody

I love how Japan just skips the 'adaptation' stage of scriptmaking and just goes straight to "If it was fun in the game, it'll be fun in the movie damnit!"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Deadfall wrote:
    Man Safe House looks awesome.

It looked decent enough. Reynolds has the look of a guy who can pull off an action movie, he just hasn't been in a good one yet.

wait, since when is Blade: Trinity not an awesome movie?

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Julius wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Deadfall wrote:

It looked decent enough. Reynolds has the look of a guy who can pull off an action movie, he just hasn't been in a good one yet.

Reynolds wasn't bad in it, but his part wasn't really an action part. He was more comedy relief...basically he was Ryan Reynolds in a Blade movie.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Julius wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Deadfall wrote:

Since it was made?

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Yeah Blade Trinity was pretty bad.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I am looking forward to the Phoenix Wright movie although I'm not sure I like the grim lighting - Phoenix Wright is supposed to be bright and colorful!
    Kana wrote:
    I love how Japan just skips the 'adaptation' stage of scriptmaking and just goes straight to "If it was fun in the game, it'll be fun in the movie damnit!"
    see also: the Animal Crossing movie.

wandering on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Phoenix Wright looks ok. But that trailer could have been amazing with one addition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_k1rPDRv6M

Just a sting of it at the end even. Would have been enough for me to stand up out of my chair and go YESSSSS!

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    Yeah Blade Trinity was pretty bad.

I've sat through some bad movies, but I never walked out on a movie in my life until that one. Seriously, I sat through Batman and Robin in its entirety, but Blade: Trinity was just too much.

I'm not saying that I thought B&R was better than what I saw of Blade, but I could tell early on that the movie wasn't going to turn a corner and get better.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Nice, I really liked Objectified and Helvetica; I'll definitely check that out.

• Options
    Lord_MordjaLord_Mordja Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Hey guys, know what day it is? It's one day away from:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF_7poMGpGc
    I just thought everyone here would like to be reminded of this film's existence. :3

Lord_Mordja on
  • Options
    A pony avatar and a poison post. Hello satan how's it going?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Satan has a little more class than someone who would promote a shitty Adam Sandler film.

• Options
    Lord_MordjaLord_Mordja Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    It is the first sign of the Apocalypse. Years from now, we will look back on the ruins of human civilization and realize that Nov 12, 2011 heralded the end.

Lord_Mordja on
  • Options
    All this constant Jack and Jill talk makes me want to see it

Oh hey, it's playing midnight on Thursday! Oh boy!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Wandering have I told you lately that you're the worst?

Because you are.

• Options
  • Options
    For the record I won't actually be seeing it in theaters although it is on my list of "things I want to partake in at some point, for some reason I can't quite fathom" along with Leprechaun 4: In Space, and the GBA game Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak.

I'll probably catch it on TV or Netflix in a couple years, and watch 3 minutes of it and then shut if off like I did with I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and also White Chicks.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote:
    At first thought, it kind of seems that way. But Unstoppable and Pelham 123 weren't really 'badass'. He's actually about 50/50 over the last decade or so.

Right then - here's the new cut of the Goon trailer (Sean William Scott, Liev Schreiber and other familiar faces).

Oh wow, I really want to see this.

Though I am a bit curious as to how they are going with the story, what with the the whole enforcers killing themselves this year, and the ex-goons speaking out about the shit they went through.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Holy shit I didn't know Miike of all people did the Phoenix Wright movie. Sadly it might not be as over the top as I'd like since he's considerably toned down his style over the last several years. I've heard his remake of the excellent 1960s Harikiri, while an overall good film, is shot much too plainly.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Deadfall wrote:
    The Judge wrote:

Oh wow, I really want to see this.

Though I am a bit curious as to how they are going with the story, what with the the whole enforcers killing themselves this year, and the ex-goons speaking out about the shit they went through.

I dunno it seems to go into that a bit in the trailer with Liev Schrieber (with an awesome manstache) saying the people just want to watch him bleed.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Holy shit I didn't know Miike of all people did the Phoenix Wright movie. Sadly it might not be as over the top as I'd like since he's considerably toned down his style over the last several years. I've heard his remake of the excellent 1960s Harikiri, while an overall good film, is shot much too plainly.

He's always made more than just horror movies, those are just the ones that are the most popular here. A couple years ago he made a Yatterman movie, and his last movie (to come out) was Ninja Kids!!!

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    I would post the Snow White & the Huntsman trailer . . . but NBC Universal has deployed some serious Youtube-scouring sonsofbitches today and anything I find is gone in the span of minutes.

Here's the Apple trailer page link: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/snowwhiteandthehuntsman/

My favorite thing about it is that Kristen Stewart, for being the title character, has zero lines. If this holds throughout the entire running time, I might put this on the docket. :P

• Options
    Oh Kristen Stewart. Marvel as she acts with the "who farted seriously it smells like roasted egg garbage" face all film alone.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote:
    Oh Kristen Stewart. Marvel as she acts with the "who farted seriously it smells like roasted egg garbage" face all film alone.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/270772_700b_v4.jpg

• Options
    Miike churns out an absurd number of films. Like, he can do 5 in one year.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote:
    I would post the Snow White & the Huntsman trailer . . . but NBC Universal has deployed some serious Youtube-scouring sonsofbitches today and anything I find is gone in the span of minutes.

Here's the Apple trailer page link: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/snowwhiteandthehuntsman/

My favorite thing about it is that Kristen Stewart, for being the title character, has zero lines. If this holds throughout the entire running time, I might put this on the docket. :P

I noticed this too! I'm thinking it's a bad sign when the titular character of a movie doesn't speak in the debut trailer. I may still go and see it as I have a crush on Charlize Theron.

oh h*ck
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote:
    The Judge wrote:

I noticed this too! I'm thinking it's a bad sign when the titular character of a movie doesn't speak in the debut trailer. I may still go and see it as I have a crush on Charlize Theron.

Cripes, even The Last Airbender had spoken dialogue from most of the characters in its trailers. Lord knows how putrid Stewart's acting will be.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    the trailer looks pimp though, im intrigued to see how they expand the story from the cartoon. It looks great, and should be a cool / good movie, even with some terrible acting.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

This discussion has been closed.