As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guardian Heroes Re-re-re-remix Day!

2»

• Options
    DeefuzzDeefuzz Registered User regular
    Did you guys notice that they have a Sega Saturn Avatar Shirt for purchase when you look at the game extras for Guardian Heroes on XBLA Marketplace?

I've never bought fake clothes before, but I bought the hell out of that shirt along with the game.

[ Web: Twitter | Blog ]
    [ XBL: NemesisFuzz | PSN: Deefuzz ]
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I didn't see that. I'm less interested in that than I am the gamer picture of the golden knight you get when you first start playing, though. :^:

Edit: Fuck you for making me look. You can get Nando as an avatar "item!" D:

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    I wish there was a 4P (or more) mode that wasn't versus, which is still fun but this is such a great cooperative game that it's a shame it's limited to 2 people.

Still really enjoy this and everything Remix Mode brings to the table. I don't like the way their control menu works, though, makes it difficult to configure things if you're using an arcade stick with limited buttons.

I think this is my favorite song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_9hZ-RGAOA

e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote:
    Now they just need to re-release Dragon Force...

I came here to post exactly this.

Link for people who haven't heard of it.

No.

No goddamn it.

Do you know how many hours I poured into Dragon Force as a kid with all the free time in the world? I have a job and a life now.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    I'm messing around with the rule settings for versus mode, trying to come up with a good standard for competitive play. Let me know what you guys think about this:

Mode: Remix
    Strength Boost: x2.0 (default)
    Time Limit: 3 minutes

Starting Position: Locked - Just a preference, as I don't really like having all of 1 second to find my character in a match with a large # of players.

Disabled options:
    - Analog Row Movement
    - Flight
    - Infinite Aerial Moves
    - Corpse Abuse
    - Element Mods: Balances some of the defensive properties of the stronger characters.
    - Luck Mods: Seems to eliminate randomness in damage/EXP levels, not sure if anything else is affected. Attacks that are dependent on luck, like Nicole's healing, are not affected when disabling this option; they still change in effectiveness according to the Luck stat.

Banned characters:
    - Golden Silver: He's just a little too cheesy, and he might even be stronger in Remix mode considering how MP consumption and regeneration works. Stick with Proto Silver, who is still awesome but not auto-win.

All characters at level 50, though I'm considering imposing a lower level cap on some of the more powerful ones.**

All attacks permitted EXCEPT:
    - Sky Spirit's Prayer & Earth Spirit's Recharge: A magic recharge for these two characters is just obscene. They're arguably still banworthy without it.

x3.00 magic consumption for the following characters:
    - Kanon: It's not very feasible to ban his magic recharge outright, as he has no physical attacks to regain meter with. He's still very good even with this handicap.
    - Probably going to add Sky Spirit and Earth Spirit to this list. Considering bumping Super Zur up to x1.50 or x2.00 since he has an auto HP regen, but I'm holding off on that for now.

x0.50 magic consumption for the following characters, as they cannot block* and need extra meter to be able to use defensive maneuvers more frequently (not like most of these guys could ever be viable anyway, but still):
    - Zur
    - Skeleton
    - Zombie
    - Royal Mage
    - Golem God
    - Mid
    - Roper
    - Wolf
    - Nando
    - Civ. Woman
    - Civ. Child
    - Civ. Elder
    - Civ. Wimp
    - Civ. Blimp

* Undead Hero and Undead Rogue also cannot block, but they're pretty strong characters to begin with and don't really need buffs.

** In general, candidates for nerfs would include: Golden Silver, Sky Spirit, Earth Spirit, Kanon, Super Zur, Undead Hero, and Han the Hero. Not saying that all of those characters need to be nerfed, but I wouldn't really consider expanding the nerfbat's range beyond them.

This will probably be my game of choice until UMvC3 drops next month. Feel free to drop me an invite for versus if you ever see me online. GT is Sixfortyfive.

poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote:
    That sounds very well thought out. There are definitely some characters that are way overpowered (definitely the Sky and Earth Spirits).

So, I know what STR, VIT, and INT do. But what about the rest? In the original mode, MNT gave you more mana. But in the remixed version, you always have 100. Does it increase the regen rate? And what do AGI and LCK do?

MNT increases mana regen. Agility increases your attack, movement, and spell charge speed. Luck is a whole list of things, like critical rate, defense, better health recovery, higher stun rate. It also does some special spell effects for Nicole like her giant or lightning Smileys.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Yeesh. I admit that had to break down and play through on Easy (with Nicole!) after getting my butt kicked two or three times so I can get the credit. From now on though, nothing but Normal for me. I'm back in shape, the rust is gone, and I can start playing for realz now.
    I'm not gonna live this down anytime soon, though. . . :cry:

• Options
    XellonXellon Registered User new member
    I wanted to bump this thread to let everyone know that I'll most likely be hosting a ranked match for this game in the future. To keep up to date, check out My Guardian Heroes site. Its still in progress though.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I was really looking forward to this, and then I completely forgot it came out. I'll have to grab it soon, hopefully there are still people playing. After checking out some Code of Princess footage I think I need my fix of this sort of game.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr