Options

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but not over the lameness of countdowns

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    But at least you can rotate the items in the Tetris storage now.

I think its fine.

My Jensen would probably get in hot water if actually searched by a cop - "Why are you carrying 89 bottles of Liquor in your jacket, Mr. Jensen!?"

Weird... I remember being able to rotate the items before?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I like how Jensen's "non-lethal" takedowns are mostly him just leveling people with a sucker-punch haymaker, using heavy polymer arms that can easily lift a vending machine. Or punching them in the throat.

Yeah, those guys are definitely still alive. They're fine. No further questions.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I may have misremembered then, its been a long time since I played Human Revolutions.

• Options
    I like how Jensen's "non-lethal" takedowns are mostly him just leveling people with a sucker-punch haymaker, using arms that can easily lift a vending machine. Or punching them in the throat.

Yeah, those guys are definitely still alive. They're fine. No further questions.

Alive? Sure.

Alive with a significant reduction in their quality of life after the experience? Absolutely. But still alive, that's all that matters. To Jensen.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I like how Jensen's "non-lethal" takedowns are mostly him just leveling people with a sucker-punch haymaker, using arms that can easily lift a vending machine. Or punching them in the throat.

Alive? Sure.

Alive with a significant reduction in their quality of life after the experience? Absolutely. But still alive, that's all that matters. To Jensen.
    Just like Batman.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Remember that comment in this thread about hacking being better than using codes, because using codes gave no EXP? I'm not trying to point any fingers, I just thought this shit was funny after that comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmFtscx90vY

I got exactly 400 EXP from opening that door, thought it seemed a little bugged and reloaded a save, where I didnt give her the Neuro thing and just used the code anyway, still worked and same thing happened.

No idea why I got Access Granted that many times though.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Remember that comment in this thread about hacking being better than using codes, because using codes gave no EXP? I'm not trying to point any fingers, I just thought this shit was funny after that comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmFtscx90vY

I got exactly 400 EXP from that, thought it seemed a little bugged and reloaded a save, where I didnt give her the Neuro thing and just used the code anyway, still worked and same thing happened.

No idea why I got Access Granted that many times though.

Oh fuck I forgot to go back there.

I had a full inventory so I told myself I'd come back to enter that code when I sold stuff then got distracted roughly 30 times and forgot entirely... I know the first thing Im doing tonight.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I have a really awful bug with quick save/quick load that seems to happen every time. You know how when loading from a save, you have to press SPACE? If I quick saved in cover and then load that save, the SPACE button press triggers when I load into the game, making me sprint from cover. It's awful. I don't think it's my keyboard either, as it's not registering a double SPACE press.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Golden Ticket resolution
    It seems a little odd that the alternate option to solve the checkpoint guard problem, is instead of you shooting him down in the street, you get someone else to do it for you.
    I feel like I need to toy around with this a bit. I wonder if I talk to him if there's different closure.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Golden Ticket resolution
    It seems a little odd that the alternate option to solve the checkpoint guard problem, is instead of you shooting him down in the street, you get someone else to do it for you.
    I feel like I need to toy around with this a bit. I wonder if I talk to him if there's different closure.
    I just snuck in and Takedown'ed everyone, they are all sleeping in that little room with the sensors in the checkpoint.

I didnt want the Policewoman to kill them, on the off chance that it would affect Pacifist.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I have a really awful bug with quick save/quick load that seems to happen every time. You know how when loading from a save, you have to press SPACE? If I quick saved in cover and then load that save, the SPACE button press triggers when I load into the game, making me sprint from cover. It's awful. I don't think it's my keyboard either, as it's not registering a double SPACE press.

Its not your keyboard, its a known issue.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Happens to me all the time. I'm not just careful not to quicksave when hugging a wall (it doesn't seem to happen otherwise, making me jump for example.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    There is even Concussion and Gas Grenades available for the Grenade Launcher, cool.

They really added to the non-lethal weaponry.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    first firefight (for me) of the game
    hovering bots in the first area sewer
    It went horrible, weapon switching is so damn slow.

• Options

Its not your keyboard, its a known issue.

I think that happened in the first one too? Or something along the lines of if you saved while under cover you'd start not being in cover.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    first firefight (for me) of the game
    hovering bots in the first area sewer
    It went horrible, weapon switching is so damn slow.

The control scheme is much better than HR, but not by much. A lot of what they tie to "quick selections" aren't really quick or don't make much sense. For example, weapon modding in combat pauses the game. If that's so, why have it at all? Why wouldn't I just go into the menu system and change it from there. It's a convenience that steals a spot on the gamepad.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular

I have a similar issue with clicking options at the end of conversations. Sometimes a gun will fire if it's out and the last option is clicked through instead of using E. This is a brand new mouse so I doubt it's hardware. Pressing shift also sometimes brings up the steam overlay briefly without tab being pressed.

Games got some input bugs.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    I love how the "Jensen riding with AUGS", "Jensen riding with normals" and "Jensen riding alone" animatios are all the same.

EDIT: In regards to hacking, they clearly want you to invest Praxis into it. I view the Hacking Tree merely as "You understand enough to be able to start the hacking. . ." Also if there were no randomness to hacking and was more "relaxed" you lose all tension to it honestly. And the UI is loads improved from Human Revolution for it. Most definitely.

Given how hacking opens up so much experience, money, and in some cases full on Praxis kits, I'm fine with it taking more investment than the other augs.

Alive? Sure.

Chances are they can repair any lasting damage to the nervous system with augmentations so it's ironic hell for anti-aug bigots.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Best non-lethal is when he stands behind them, uses his left hand to hold their head in place and then just piston-punches them in the back of the skull with his right hand.

Totally fine.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    One thing that is good to know if you missed it and are doing a non-lethal run.

If Jensen is in cover and does a Takedown, he pulls the enemy back after knocking them out, instead of letting them fall down like a log as he usually does.

Without that, knocking everyone out undetected at the "Police" checkpoint would have been a fair bit harder.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    A tip for you folks who like firing shots but don't want to kill anyone (Armored Guys):
    EMP ammo stun them first, and then shoot with knock out gas. It's lights out for them and anyone in area.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    A tip for you folks who like firing shots but don't want to kill anyone (Armored Guys):
    EMP ammo stun them first, and then shoot with knock out gas. It's lights out for them and anyone in area.
    Also, if you EMP a person in an exo, you can still do a takedown on them. They just need to be stunned first. If they aren't, it goes a bit sideways.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Best non-lethal is when he stands behind them, uses his left hand to hold their head in place and then just piston-punches them in the back of the skull with his right hand.

Totally fine.

I'm still waiting to see if double takedowns still involve the victims suddenly becoming martial artists even if they're janitors or waitresses.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

Totally fine.

I really miss the one from DR where he machine-gun-punch-shatters the rib cage and, if that wasn't enough, finishes it off with a jaw dislocating cross.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Can i knockout an exosuit?
    *2 minutes later*
    Nope.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    *2 minutes later*
    Nope.

You can, EMP it first.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Oh man, some of these aug combinations leads to some hilarious content skipping. Investigating Ruzika:
    Can be completed in like 1minute without seeing a single person if you have the heavy lifting and rebreather augs.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »

I have a similar issue with clicking options at the end of conversations. Sometimes a gun will fire if it's out and the last option is clicked through instead of using E. This is a brand new mouse so I doubt it's hardware. Pressing shift also sometimes brings up the steam overlay briefly without tab being pressed.

I have also noticed some random input lag when moving. Like I will stop moving in a direction and take my hands off the keyboard, and Jensen floats in that direction for a second or two before stopping. Kind of irritating, but doesn't happen too often.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    *2 minutes later*
    Nope.

You can, EMP it first.
    Why did i not think of that?

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    danx wrote: »

The shift thing is a steam problem and generally is caused by alt-tabbing out of a full screen game. Steam gets confused and thinks you're holding tab, so next time you press shift, it thinks you hit shift-tab. Happens in basically every Steam game I run in full screen.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    My favorite non-lethal takedown is the one where he grabs them by the top of the head, spins them through the air four or five times by their head, and then slams them down on the ground and punches them in the face.

Yeah being spun through the air at a high rate of speed by your head would absolutely snap your neck.

• Options
    does anything come out of the
    stabilizer you are sent for by the aug guy?
    Would like to try out some new augs but want to know if i really have to get permanently rid of future aug options.

• Options
    Would like to try out some new augs but want to know if i really have to get permanently rid of future aug options.

It's not permanent. However choose the ones you'll spend points in last, or think you will last.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yes, that eventually removes the restrictions entirely and any augs you locked out will be available again.

• Options

It's not permanent. However choose the ones you'll spend points in last, or think you will last.
    Yes, that eventually removes the restrictions entirely and any augs you locked out will be available again.
    Awesome, thanks.
    Ranged hacking, here i come.

On another topic, CSI Prague
    why does everyone act like i was killing cops or something? nbody even saw me, and i made sure everyone was left alive (jerks)

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I think I just found some kind of unique weapon.
    It's a combat rifle that burst fires and only uses EMP ammo. I think it's silenced as well. I got it from one of the vaults in the bank.

Do we know if there are more like this out there?

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So uh...after you do the thing in the tutorial bit when can you adjust your aug voltage again? I don't have the option to do that.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    So uh...after you do the thing in the tutorial bit when can you adjust your aug voltage again? I don't have the option to do that.
    Get your augments checked.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

You should be able to do it the same way when in your normal augment screen (you might need to purchase an experimental aug to be able to deactivate another one, not sure).

• Options
    Can you do nonlethal through the wall takedowns in this one?

This discussion has been closed.