As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] Hotel Discussion Thread *Westin Waterfront & Seaport are SOLD OUT*

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Hi folks - I have an extra room at the Westin Boston Waterfront (AKA - the hotel RIGHT THERE) from April 5th (the day before) to April 9th (the day after) with two doubles that I am no longer in need of. If you want it, PM me as I don't really check the forums that often.

Please use the room share thread. This thread is for hotel discussion only.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    waterbottleswaterbottles Beverage KentuckyRegistered User regular
    I'm having a hard time with the search function to see if this has already been asked/answered in this thread, but have reservations been transferred from OnPeak to the hotels yet?
    The only answers I have found have been that they are transferred a few weeks before the event.

Thank you.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm having a hard time with the search function to see if this has already been asked/answered in this thread, but have reservations been transferred from OnPeak to the hotels yet?
    The only answers I have found have been that they are transferred a few weeks before the event.

Thank you.

Call OnPeak directly and ask. There should be a phone number in your OnPeak confirmation email.

• Options
    Sweet! Thank you!

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Sweet! Thank you!

If the have been transferred please report back too! This way we can encourage people to double check their reservation with their hotels.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I didn't call OnPeak, but just used their online chat help. I don't know if this applies to all hotels, but since the OnPeak site says "Changes due Mar 15", it might.
    For my reservation at the Seaport, "details were sent to the hotel today", but it will usually take "a day or 2 to update all info on their end".

I also noticed that no hotels are available to add to my block, except the Hilton at Logan and the Back Bay Hotel, although I haven't tried adding them to make sure.

waterbottles on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Looks like hotels are booking fast.

the only hotels showing up on the Site now are the Hilton Boston Logan Airport and The Back Bay Hotel. Yikes!

My group is a johnny come lately... hope we're not SOL!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options

the only hotels showing up on the Site now are the Hilton Boston Logan Airport and The Back Bay Hotel. Yikes!

Yeah it's not so much that they're booking fast now... it's that they booked fast when they were released... in November. Most of the close hotels sold out in a matter of days.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

Yeah it's not so much that they're booking fast now... it's that they booked fast when they were released... in November. Most of the close hotels sold out in a matter of days.

Fair enough, unfortunately for us, we didn't know if we'd be able to afford PAX until just a few weeks ago, and then it took weeks to get all the logistics straight. Shoulda known better and worked out the hotel FIRST, then worry about the details. Ah, experience...

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    NeuralLinkNeuralLink Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Just called the Westin to confirm. They had my room, but for a King instead of two doubles, so I had them fix that. So if that's a concern you have, you might double check.

NeuralLink on
  • Options
    NeuralLink wrote: »
    Just called the Westin to confirm. They had my room, but for a King instead of two doubles, so I asked them to fix that. So if that's a concern you have, you might double check.

What caused this last year was people booking two double beds for single occupancy OR booking multiple occupancy but only putting one name on the reservation. Either way, if you call OnPeak *and* the hotel they should be able to fix it. They're bullshit reasons, but that's what happened.

• Options
    dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    I just called the Westin to confirm onpeak sent the deets. Westin had my reservation and details correct.

• Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    Also called the Westin to confirm, they sent me a nice email clearly showing 2 Double Beds I can point to if there is a problem with the room this year. :-)

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    you can generally check your westin reservation online as well, if we don't all want to bomb them with phone calls. i'm going to check mine now.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    I thought of trying that but realized the onpeak confirmation email doesn't give a reservation number. Or if they do it's well hidden. =p

• Options
    I thought of trying that but realized the onpeak confirmation email doesn't give a reservation number. Or if they do it's well hidden. =p

on the westin site (don't know about others) you can just use the last name and credit card number that was used for the reservation.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    you can generally check your westin reservation online as well, if we don't all want to bomb them with phone calls. i'm going to check mine now.
    After last year, I prefer to call. Far more likely to get correct information over the phone. Plus it stresses the urgency to get things right.

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Just called the Seaport, and they're still putting the info in.

Waited for about 5 minutes and the woman I talked to sounded a little stressed when answering.. don't want to spit in the hand that will be taking care of us for the next 10 years, so maybe giving them a day or two to get everything sorted wouldn't hurt.

Or maybe I'm just being hypersensitive. Either way, FYI- Seaport isn't quite ready for your calls yet.

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Just called Seaport, nearly shat my pants read vttym's post and it all went back in. For now.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    Yeah there's no guarantee that every hotel is ready. To be sure, call OnPeak first, then the hotel.

• Options
    For my reservation at the Seaport, "details were sent to the hotel today", but it will usually take "a day or 2 to update all info on their end".

Yeah, I wouldn't call for a couple days. They need time to put the info in their database(s).

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Confirmed my king bed room at the westin! :)

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    I called to confirm my rooms were good to go at the Westin and they were! The hotel seems really nice.. I'm looking forward to it! :)

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • Options
    AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Looks like my reservation is there on the Westin website, but the details can't be displayed - presumably because of the group rate/booking.

I'll give the staff a break and wait until later in the week to call to confirm :)

Angrypasta on
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Yeh!!!!!! I just checked the Westin web site. It originally said that my reservation was in but they couldn't show it. There was a link to send me an email confirm. and they did. Now I just have to wait 19 more days!!! Ugh!!!

• Options
    SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I wouldn't have called the Westin since I'm sure they are getting a lot of calls from us right now, but I wanted to pay for my room now so I confirmed our room and they put in a request to have the billing department call me. They also kindly emailed me a confirmation.

Sausage on
    3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Put in for a confirmation on the website. All details match.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    cpedrozacpedroza Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So, I made reservations through Onpeak for Pax East. I called the hotel to confirm my room and they said they couldn't find any reservation under my name. Should I be worried? Should I contact OnPeak? Has anyone booked through them before?

cpedroza on
  • Options
    cpedroza wrote:
    So, I made reservations through Onpeak for Pax East. I called the hotel to confirm my room and they said they couldn't find any reservation under my name. Should I be worried? Should I contact OnPeak? Has anyone booked through them before?

they are currently in the process of transferring info to the hotels. wait a couple of days and call the hotel again. if they still don't have it, contact onpeak.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    Okay, thanks. I was really worried for a minute. So maybe like wait a week?

• Options
    cpedroza wrote: »
    Okay, thanks. I was really worried for a minute. So maybe like wait a week?

Call OnPeak directly. They will be able to tell you when your reservation will be transferred.

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Was it for the Seaport?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    Was it for the Seaport?

It was for Omni Parker House.

• Options
    VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    Hey awesome people who booked at the Seaport. You probably already know that out reservations aren't entered yet. i spoke to a lady and she said that the list should be fully entered in their system by this coming Wednesday. So call Tuesday or Wednesday morning to check your confirmation! Hope that helps :)

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Sorry if this has been asked before but like other people here, I'm having issues with the search function.

I've just checked my hotel reservation and there's a big, bold, capitalized red message that says THIS HOTEL IS CUT-OFF.

? Not exactly sure what that means.

Google seems to suggest that these tend to be discount rates, then it's all stuff about that religious practice where they... I'm not joking.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    Frugus wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but like other people here, I'm having issues with the search function.

I've just checked my hotel reservation and there's a big, bold, capitalized red message that says THIS HOTEL IS CUT-OFF.

Google seems to suggest that these tend to be discount rates, then it's all stuff about that religious practice where they... I'm not joking.

This just means that OnPeak has sent the reservation to the hotel, and any further changes or inquiries must be made with the hotel itself.

• Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Angrypasta wrote: »
    Frugus wrote: »

This just means that OnPeak has sent the reservation to the hotel, and any further changes or inquiries must be made with the hotel itself.

Many thanks bud! :)

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    vazhkatsivazhkatsi Registered User regular
    I'm just wondering, are there any dirt cheap places left around? not rooms, just motels or something.

• Options
    JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    vazhkatsi wrote: »
    I'm just wondering, are there any dirt cheap places left around? not rooms, just motels or something.

Your choices at this point are probably either bunk with somebody from the Roommate Share thread, a hostel, or try Airbnb.

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Just talked with a guy at the Westin Waterfront and he was able to confirm my reservation. He said he had finished entering them all in a couple of days ago.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png