As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Cthulhu - OOC] Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Wow, this functionality is neat- tells me when it can't understand my "meatbag utterances"

Geth roll 1d100 for Sanity Check TN 85

Sanity Check TN 85:
    1d100 58 [1d100=58]

• Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d100 for Sanity vs 17.

Sanity vs 17:
    1d100 73 [1d100=73]

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Sanity Check @Captain Marcus and... on the off chance he checks back in soon @Cayrus.

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Geth roll 1d100 for Sanity vs 89

edit-
    I know Todt wouldn't be able to understand the language, I was just curious myself.

Sanity vs 89:
    1d100 45 [1d100=45]

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d100 for sanity vs. 40

sanity vs. 40:
    1d100 43 [1d100=43]

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Most of the party is well on its way onto the slippery slope to complete insanity...

Yep, it's a CoC game all right! :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    blergity blergity BLAH! :rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DzJHer2.jpg
    Peff and Cayrus lose 1 SAN.
    Captain Marcus, I have your SAN at 86 not 89. Actually pretty low loss given the length of the game, but definitely not what you started at. I'll double check, but it'll take some time.

Next round of combat begins, same order as before.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    So we're back to Guy eh? All right then!

e- I guess with his dodge you can edit the whole "guy getting hit" thing out of your last IC post?

El Skid on
  • Options
    El Skid wrote: »
    So we're back to Guy eh? All right then!

e- I guess with his dodge you can edit the whole "guy getting hit" thing out of your last IC post?
    I'll make a note of it in the next narration. If you'd like to dodge once more, you can make the roll now as a "readying himself to dodge" sort of thing.

Also, @Captain Marcus upon closer inspection, your Sanity is now at 85.

• Options
    Geth roll 1d100 for getting ready to dodge vs 88

getting ready to dodge vs 88:
    1d100 68 [1d100=68]

• Options
    Again!

Geth roll 1d100 for Rifle Shot vs 50

Rifle Shot vs 50:
    1d100 14 [1d100=14]

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Ah, thanks. I've been trying to edit the sheet on page one as stuff happens. It should be all up to date now.

Geth roll 1d100 for shooting foreigners vs 80

shooting foreigners vs 80:
    1d100 27 [1d100=27]

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Geth roll 1d10+2 for damaging foreigners

edit- "Go to Hell, fiend"

damaging foreigners:
    1d10+2 5 [1d10=3]

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    By the way, you can edit posts with dice rolls on them and they'll be unchanged.

• Options
    Should probably roll some dmg dice...

Geth roll 2d6+4 for boom, headshot.

boom, headshot:
    2d6+4 12 [2d6=3, 5]

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d100 for Agent Ford.

Agent Ford:
    1d100 44 [1d100=44]

• Options
    May be time to put out a recruiting call for a 4th/5th player. Not sure where Cayrus has got to.

Also, y'all are some sharp shooting mother fuckers.
    Geth roll 1d8 for bullet
    Geth roll 1d4 for also bullet

bullet:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]
    also bullet:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

• Options
    Awww :( Well at least we've kept most of us. How long have we been at this now? Getting on to 2 years, right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yep. There's you, me, and our glorious Keeper.

• Options
    And El Skid! Javier would tell you that it means "The Skid." 8-)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The one and only :)

• Options
    Guy loses 4 HP
    Captain Marcus make a sanity check.

• Options
    Oh damn! I'm so sorry, Skid! I totally forgot about you :P

Geth, roll 1d100 vs 85 for Sanity

Sanity:
    1d100 92 [1d100=92]

• Options
    hot diggity, I lost a sanity check

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013

The first of many.

If you would be interested in acquiring another player, I actually do think I would have time to play in a PBP here. Reading on the game, it looks like 1980s and I already know what I think I would like to play.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Aegeri wrote: »

The first of many.

If you would be interested in acquiring another player, I actually do think I would have time to play in a PBP here. Reading on the game, it looks like 1980s and I already know what I think I would like to play.
    Sounds good to me, but only if you put me in as a reserve player for your Delta Green game.

• Options
    That's not a problem whatsoever PsychoLarry1.

• Options
    PREPARE THE INSANITY CANNON FOR NEW FRIENDS!!

On a side note...Javier just named his rifle.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Haha

Welcome Aegeri! If you do decide to play, that is.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    edit- ugh, forums

Captain Marcus on
  • Options
    Oh damn! I'm so sorry, Skid! I totally forgot about you :P

Geth, roll 1d100 vs 85 for Sanity
    Lose 2 Sanity, if you'd be so kind.

I should note that I'll be on vacation over the next week, so any updates I do make will be via phone. Should give everyone time to get their next actions/posts in, and for Aegeri to get his character ready.

• Options
    I will have her finished pretty shortly actually, already know what I am intending for. How do you handle character generation?

• Options
    New Skills:
    New skills for your Investigators:
    Signals (05%): covers everything from morse code and semaphore to satellite coms and radio protocol.
    Survival (10%): Locating food, building shelter etc. in a given environment.
    Architecture (01%): Knowledge of architecture styles and designs, as well as some aspects of engineering.
    Botany (01%): Identifying and using plants.
    Carpentry/Woodcraft (10%): Fashioning and repairing wood objects with simple tools.
    Cryptography (01%): Cracking and using codes.
    Demolitions (01%): Knowledge of explosives, their uses, and how to defuse them.
    Disguise (05%): Fashioning and using convincing disguises.
    Forensics (01%): Knowledge of and ability to interpret evidence at a crime scene.
    Forgery (01%): Spotting and creating convincing forgeries.
    Mathematics (10%): Ability to perform complex calculations.
    Military Science (15%): Knowledge of military tactics, equipment, and operations. Characters with military backgrounds may start at 34%.
    Parachuting (01%): How to jump out of a plane without dying, and how to land where you want to, when you want to.
    Scuba (01%): Proper operation of diving gear.
    Zoology (01%): Knowledge of animals and their behavior, habitat, etc.

Rolls:
    Standard creation rolls:
    3d6 main stats and EDU (add 1 to EDU for every 10 years over the age of 22, add 2d6 if you have a skill go above 90)
    2d6 Size and Int
    You can make a wealth roll if you'd like, to build up character background, but we haven't ended up using it for much really. As a select bunch in a military contractor, access to funds hasn't been an issue.

Also, make sure you let me know what essential items your character has with them. Guns and specialized gear being the most important.

Anything else you're looking for?

• Options
    Yeah I recognise those, they are the skills that Delta Green adds into the game (I have the DG books naturally).

You only have 2d6 for size and intelligence? Or did you mean 2d6+6? I would be really small potentially with 2d6 :o

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I just checked the OP and noticed the other players stats, so it's pretty clear that those rolls are 2d6+6. I will have Geth roll everything and then get back to it once I have a think.

Geth roll 3d6 for Strength
    Geth roll 3d6 for Constitution
    Geth roll 3d6 for Dexterity
    Geth roll 2d6+6 for Size
    Geth roll 2d6+6 for Intelligence
    Geth roll 3d6 for Power
    Geth roll 3d6 for Appearance
    Geth roll 3d6+3 for Education

Edit: Hmmm.

Strength:
    3d6 10 [3d6=4, 5, 1]
    Constitution:
    3d6 17 [3d6=5, 6, 6]
    Dexterity:
    3d6 15 [3d6=6, 3, 6]
    Size:
    2d6+6 16 [2d6=4, 6]
    Intelligence:
    2d6+6 14 [2d6=5, 3]
    3d6 12 [3d6=2, 5, 5]
    Appearance:
    3d6 14 [3d6=3, 6, 5]
    Education:
    3d6+3 11 [3d6=5, 2, 1]

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Here is my character, note that Susan actually has a damage bonus to her attacks - she is one athletic girl!

Susan Summers
    Occupation: Paranormal Consultant for the CIA; Degree: Bachelor of Science in Psychology

Description
    Susan is above average height with raven black hair, dark brown eyes and a highly sporty "athletic"build. Her hair is usually short and she only wears a modest amount of makeup - even when going out. Due to her imposing height, Susan delights in wearing high heels to make herself even taller than most men and typically wears long trenchcoats with comfortable black dresses underneath. The only jewellery that she likes to wear is an old ring around her wedding finger and a pair of small earrings.

Background
    Born in the Soviet controlled region of Eastern German in Berlin on January 9th 1949, Susan's initial life was very difficult and she learned to fend for herself under extremely unpleasant conditions. Eventually her family made a bold decision to flee to the west after her 16th birthday, with some assistance from the CIA who were after her fathers previous work on the NAZI rocket programs to use against the Russians. Unfortunately, the operation was botched and after a shootout between the KGB and CIA operatives her parents were both killed. Disguising herself using whatever she could, she snuck past the KGB patrols and managed to get across the wall by using her athletic build and a great deal of grit. There she was intercepted by the CIA and interrogated, until one of the agents recognised her as the daughter of Schumacher.

Susan's life under the communist regime had hardened her and she refused to give up despite the loss of her parents, attending school and finding it reasonably boring. Once she graduated she earned a scholarship to study psychology at Boston University in the United States - quickly taking to speaking English as a second language. She also adopted a new name to try to fit in with others better, calling herself "Summers" and wearing a wedding ring to rid herself of unwanted male attention. However, her studies at university failed to challenge her and she became disinterested in her studies. Then while investigating various clubs on campus, she became increasingly interested with the paranormal and occult. Susan began to read numerous strange books and became obsessed with the idea of psychic individuals being real. Naturally this didn't sit well with her professors and teachers, who denied her any significant chance of advancing her education beyond a Bachelors of Science.

None the less Susan worked for numerous agencies, psychologists and even as a consultant for the FBI and law enforcement on bizarre or strange cases. Then in 1975, Susan was recruited by the CIA for a new military project on a subject close to her heart: Remote viewing, where gifted individuals would use extra sensory perception (ESP) to gather intelligence on Cold War foes. Despite her enthusiasm initially, the results of the project did not seem to be free of problems with the methodology and pointing this out merely had her shouted down. Feeling marginalised, she was eventually assigned to one of the newer remote reviewers called subject 8 as a sort of "punishment". Little did she know that subject 8 would change her life forever.

Unlike the other remote viewers, who could only provide the most sparse details on places or people in advance at best, Subject 8 was capable of accurately predicting all manner of strange phenomena. The appearance of crop circles, down to precise mathematical formulae describing the area, shape and precise make up. Unusual sights in the sky such as lights, weird power outages in small towns, disappearances and more. While attempting to determine why he could accurately predict these events, military planners became increasingly frustrated at his inability to tell them anything about the movements of soviet subs, troops or missiles. Worse still, whenever they attempted to pry what these things were about he would become violent and babble about "The signal" and how they wouldn't understand.

A violent disposition did not put Susan off interacting with subject 8 whatsoever, and in fact she appeared to relish the opportunity to have chats with him. Unlike the others who tried to pry only military related intelligence out of subject 8, Susan began to take a strong interest in the 'enemy' that he spoke of, looking up occult or obscure texts to try and learn more. Eventually she began to lead field teams to observe the phenomena in action that subject 8 would predict - although she never directly encountered whatever caused these things.

In 1983 Susan was conducting one of the usual sessions with subject 8 when she realised he had not actually said anything for the entire session, which was highly unusual. Attempting to communicate with him seemed to cause an unusual amount of aggravation, until finally after many hours she got a response... Of sorts. Subject 8s final words to Susan was "Pitiful creature, you have no idea who your real enemy even is" before breaking free of his restraints. Knocking Susan to the floor and grabbing her firearm in the resulting struggle, Susan was shot twice in the stomach and the now gibbering madman escaped the facility: Killing three people in the process and later abandoning the firearm in a dumpster several miles away.

Nobody ever found subject 8 or determined where he went beyond where the gun was found dumped, but Susan took full responsibility for the mans escape and subsequent shooting spree. Leaving the CIA in disgrace, Susan began following any manner of unusual paranormal, psychic or crypto zoological accounts to try to find some lead on where subject 8 may have gone. She reclaimed the very same gun that he used to escape and carries it still, so that after she finds out what he meant by his final cryptic words she can then shoot the bastard.

Stats:
    Strength 10
    Constitution 17
    Dexterity 15
    Size 16
    Intelligence 14
    Power 12
    Appearance 14
    Education 11

Hit Points: 17
    Magic Points: 12
    Maximum Sanity: 99
    Cthulhu mythos: 0 (unless you disagree Larry)
    Sanity: 60

Occupational Skills (Note that Susan gains 20 extra skill points for occupational skills for being over 30):
    Biology 21
    Medicine 25
    Other Language English 51
    Pharmacy 31
    Psychoanalysis 76
    Psychology 46

Other Skills:
    Dodge 30
    Fast Talk 35
    Occult 75
    Persuade 55

Equipment
    Colt Pistol.
    Trenchcoat
    Variety of black clothing
    Rosary Beads (Posession of her mothers)
    BMW 5-Series Car (Her pride and joy)
    Several books on the occult (Up to PsychoLarry to decide what these are and any relevance they have to anything of course)

Geth roll 1d10 for wealth!

wealth!:
    1d10 6 [1d10=6]

Aegeri on
  • Options
    No problem, boss. Enjoy the time off.

Geth roll 1d100 for rifle shot vs 50

rifle shot vs 50:
    1d100 38 [1d100=38]

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Geth, roll 1d100 for shooting him again vs 80

shooting him again vs 80:
    1d100 75 [1d100=75]

• Options
    Geth, roll 1d10+2 for attempted damage

attempted damage:
    1d10+2 7 [1d10=5]