As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East Attendees Map and Find Other People in Your Location (Submissions Closed)

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Swae wrote:
    Just submitted an edit request, as I will be moving from Louisiana to Pittsburgh in February. I originally planned on flying, but now that I'll be closer I may explore driving or taking the PAX Train.

That's awesome :) I'll get it in on my next weekly update. So you know, JetBlue has had AMAZORING deals to fly round trip from PIT<->BOS (like around $120+ tax TOTAL). I'm not sure if that deal is still there, but it is probably worth checking out.

• Options
    goodtimeshaxorgoodtimeshaxor Registered User regular
    Who's the one representing from Ashburn, VA? Yey yeaa

Indie dev of Lawnmower Challenge | Android Free | iOS | Amazon
    @LunarPeter
  • Options
    Added ponyoyo, spacemansean, goodtimeshaxor, Jeff7, Jar37, Shaon, DaPunisher416, The_Doctor1, aikoe, maseffect, Ilu, and joshlpaige.

Also, moved Swae.

New people are from all over the place! make sure to re-check your area as new people are added, you never know where they might pop up!

• Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    So many folks in Austin. We should all go out for greasy truck food.

I know a bacon truck, just sayin'. Just saying. *stares expectantly*
    (thanks again for organizing the map, Zerzhul!)

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    WodrithWodrith Registered User regular
    I see two others in the Rochester, NY area. Cool. My wife and I will be driving down to attend our first PAX and I am very excited. :D

• Options
    Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    Someone moved @Onmitsu into the middle of the atlantic ocean. I'm not sure where it's supposed to go, so hopefully it gets fixed.

Hey, zerzhul, just fyi, Onmitsu is in northern Maryland, near Delaware, they've posted about coming to the MD meet-up, hope that helps.

Lokiale wrote:
    I know a bacon truck, just sayin'. Just saying. *stares expectantly*
    Wishing I lived in Austin now, as there is not a single "bacon truck" here in MD, lol.

• Options
    Wodrith wrote:
    I see two others in the Rochester, NY area. Cool. My wife and I will be driving down to attend our first PAX and I am very excited. :D

I am one of those. I may or may not be driving from Rochester around PAX time. Life in flux and all that ;)
    Exodus1 wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Someone moved @Onmitsu into the middle of the atlantic ocean. I'm not sure where it's supposed to go, so hopefully it gets fixed.

Hey, zerzhul, just fyi, Onmitsu is in northern Maryland, near Delaware, they've posted about coming to the MD meet-up, hope that helps.

Yeah, I had seen that. I would just prefer that @Onmitsu tell me where he/she wants to be before I move it manually. Thanks for the partial clear-up!

• Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    BYRN STUFF!! who are you on forums? so excited to see another raleigh-durham area peep on the map! do you game at any stores in the area?

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote:
    Added.
    i'm the only one where i'm from... for now. a couple PAXers flew out from Grand Rapids last year though. :]

We are from Kzoo but flying out of GRR. Wonder if we are taking the same flight. =)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    Just booked my flight since my employer's discount program started up again. PAX East is now (officially) a reality for me!

steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Booked my flights today. Flying out of Nashville Thursday at 8:30am, arriving in Boston 2pm. Flying home Monday at 6:45pm. I so cannot wait for Pax. Eeep!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    kda411kda411 Registered User new member
    edited January 2012
    Looking to see if anyone in the Savannah area want to form a group and go up to PAX east.

kda411 on
  • Options
    delf4delf4 Registered User regular
    Added. Coming from Minnesota, but visiting a friend in Burlington, VT first. Taking the Greyhound down to Boston on Thur. This is my first PAX and I'm super excited.

• Options
    zombie112zombie112 Registered User new member
    Submitted, I see angrypasta is from the same area as me! This will be my first pax, I'm pretty excited.

• Options
    LollerskateDJ, you were already on the map.

Please do a search on the map to make sure you aren't there if you're submitting a "new placemark" request :)

Added:
    Wodrith
    Krissta
    good looking fat guy
    shadowarachh
    Tom819
    adias.angel
    OddSake
    DragonPup
    sarasarus
    Nicole452
    testsubject23
    griffin.bruce
    Nullzone
    DaBxDevil
    reverend_tobias
    imarcell
    PhoenixP3K
    Gravitom
    Obernathus
    DaNerd
    delf4
    adastra
    zombie112

People were added in NY, NYC, NH, CT, GA, MA, MI, OK, TX, FL, DC, NJ, ME, MN, Ontario, and Quebec

check your areas for new people! :)

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, and...nope.
    :(

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    henry.hargrovehenry.hargrove Registered User regular
    Submitted from Saratoga Springs, NY but I'm a Puget Sound transplant. Adventure!

• Options
    LuptoniumLuptonium Registered User regular
    I'm from Mountaintop Pennsylvania, I'm driving to Pax East.

• Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    Wow there are two people literally right down the street from me and Robziel.

Small world.

• Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    Oh! Yeah, I'm in Elkton, MD. Sorry for the slow response, been quiet on the forums lately. I do wish I had that floating marine fortress though, the plans have been in the work for years, but everything these days is about funding and grant money.

Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    marmaduketwistmarmaduketwist London, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Submitted from the UK. A few markers have taken up most of our little grey island.

marmaduketwist on
  • Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote:
    Added.
    i'm the only one where i'm from... for now. a couple PAXers flew out from Grand Rapids last year though. :]

We are from Kzoo but flying out of GRR. Wonder if we are taking the same flight. =)

I haven't confirmed my flight schedule yet.. looking to do that in the next week. What airline/flight are you taking?

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Submitted edit request

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    There are more and more people living in Montreal or just around it. I'm looking at making some kind of GT dinner a few weeks before we all head off.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    chocojoshchocojosh Registered User regular
    Another Montrealer going. We'll be a group of four. Would be interested in a Montreal meetup, how about some board gaming at Foonzo?

• Options
    KikiItemriKikiItemri MontrealRegistered User regular
    I'm a Montrealer who is going along with chocojosh. :)

• Options
    ascholzkascholzk Registered User new member
    edited January 2012
    Added! NH represent!

ascholzk on
  • Options
    I haven't forgotten btw, just been swamped. I'll be updating the map tonight or tomorrow.

• Options
    spacemanseanspacemansean Registered User regular
    chocojosh wrote:
    Another Montrealer going. We'll be a group of four. Would be interested in a Montreal meetup, how about some board gaming at Foonzo?

I'm pretty cool with board gaming, have anything in mind?

• Options
    chocojoshchocojosh Registered User regular
    @spacemansean I'm not big on board games myself but Foonzo has a bunch of the cheaper card games. We just played the Game of Thrones board game last week and I'm thinking of picking it up, would be cool have some other players to play it with.

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote:
    ottoman673 wrote:
    Added.

I haven't confirmed my flight schedule yet.. looking to do that in the next week. What airline/flight are you taking?

We are flying Delta on Thursday morning before PAX. I will have to check at home and see what the flight number is.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    chocojosh wrote:
    @spacemansean I'm not big on board games myself but Foonzo has a bunch of the cheaper card games. We just played the Game of Thrones board game last week and I'm thinking of picking it up, would be cool have some other players to play it with.

Foonzos is a GREAT idea!

I'll add you guys to the next update I'll send.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote:
    ottoman673 wrote:
    Added.

We are flying Delta on Thursday morning before PAX. I will have to check at home and see what the flight number is.

ooh... i'm flying Continental more than likely. Will be arriving slightly later than last year since my roomshare is on the PAX train.. so i'll make it for the Pre-PAX gaming night, luggage in tow, and then afterwards go to my hotel.

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    Map Updated!

Added:
    Dangeresquetoo
    XX55XX
    redshoepaul
    henry.hargrove
    Luptonium
    Temig
    rubykavalier
    gluestof
    Gihzmo
    Apophenia
    bottledgoose
    Caerus
    joseanes
    TheTerribleMan
    chibi_emily
    Korobac
    Jsho
    marmaduketwist
    pligganease
    JJJewels
    Lavadm
    =(eGO)=™ Mobeus
    MxWood
    ATFCipher
    gooseygoose
    NickTheNewbie
    chocojosh
    ascholzk
    steakface
    squeakyboy
    themadplatypus

People were added in: MA, NY, PA, FL, NH, IL, VA, MO, CT, OH, MD, WI, Ontario, Quebec, PEI, and The UK

check your areas for new people!

• Options
    FartmancerFartmancer Registered User regular
    Baltimore area, represent!

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Howard County, MD represent! ;)

• Options
    PainePaine Registered User regular
    I lay claim to being the person who lives the CLOSEST to PAX East!

...Also, form submitted.

6nOrszL.png
  • Options
    BiteraBitera Registered User new member
    Huh, I come in to see if there's anyone near where I live, and it turns out the topic creator himself is from here. I should send up a form, though, to get on the map myself.

-Ein Bitera
  • Options
    thedandmomthedandmom Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Hey everyone. It's been a few years since I've moved away from sweet old New England. I was wondering if anyone was going to PAX this spring who may have gone to either the Cocheco Arts and Technology Academy or Spaulding High School. I would love to get caught up on everything and hangout for a bit during the convention if anyone is interested.

I was part of the first class of CATA back when it opened in 2005 and I graduated from Spaulding High School in '08

thedandmom on
    linkbanner.jpg
  • Options
    thedandmomthedandmom Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I'm coming from Kentucky but I grew up in Rochester NH. I was curious as to if there were any CATA students or Spaulding High students attending from class 08' 09' that I might know Wasn't aware that my other post had gotten moved to here

thedandmom on
    linkbanner.jpg