As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2011 PAX Forums SEKRIT SANTA!!! *Time for Christmas Stalking!*

• Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I get home from taking my final final of the semester, and look what's on my porch!
    1e9cbb.jpg

A box from Sekrit Santa! I don't know how it was delivered with all the black blobs on it, but whatever. What could it be????
    2958dpf.jpg

o_O What is...I don't even...Did I ask for that?? It doesn't seem like something I'd want...
    nzf1bn.jpg

Ah, that explains it. Oh, well. One can never have too many of those. Let's see what I got for real.
    ivalue.jpg

Holy crap! That is AWESOMESAUCE. Wait, there's something else in here, too.
    2ewgxax.jpg

SCORE! I can't have too many of those, either!
    4hxt76.jpg

Box of full of AWESOME and WIN is full of AWESOME and WIN, just like CATBOY! Thanks, Catboy! You f'in ROCK!

P.S. Just FYI, I nearly died laughing at the JB thing.

King of Mars on
    Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    Dear Santee,

The dark lord has been keeping me busy as of late. I have assembled the elements for part of your gift, but the wizard who was to craft the other part of your gift was not able to come through. He has been sacked. This weekend a backup plan will be assembled, and then I'll abuse my friend's FedEx discount to blast it out in your general direction.

pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    A box from Amazon?

Odd, I don't remember ordering anything lately...OMAI!

First to submit the box for safety inspection by my two trained technicians:
    P1000688.jpg

After passing their rigorous tests, the box was deemed safe to open:
    P1000689.jpg
    SHINY PAPER! MAI FAVORITE!

Further inspection of the contents:
    P1000690.jpg
    SO MUCH SHINY PAPER!

HOPE RIDES ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE
    Thanks a ton Decius! Merry X-Mas to you! Planning for my mark 2 arm cannon has now commenced!

(I hadn't realized I had my camera in clipboard mode until the last picture >.>)

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    My Santee's package has been delivered! Huzzah!

However it appears to have been left on the porch. Come home Santee! Come home!

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    @TOGSolid Glad you like the present. I was surprised how quick the shipping was
    Decius wrote:
    Hark! A notice of attempt to deliver hath appear at my door, bestowed upon my door handle, hanging there like so much Christmas tinsel. Alas I shall not know the contents of this package until tomorrow at the dinner hour.
    Don't know if it's sekrit santa or something I ordered

This was a false alarm. Unfortunately it was just my signed pre-order copy of PATV Season 2. I await my giftings Santa.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    EleriEleri Registered User regular
    LO! I doth have a package! I'm even being good and not opening them until the 25th, cause the shipping box said so! The stack (STACK!!) of gifts is sitting on the shelf by the tree, because the kittens found the ribbon fascinating, and the youngest offspring found the Snow White on the wrapping paper fascinating.

Also, my Santee should have their package soon *crosses fingers and chews nails*

Linking Book Nerds Unite!
    MYSTERIUM 2014 Spokane, WA
    www.mysterium.net
    Unwritten: Adventures in the Ages of Myst & Beyond
    www.unwrittenrpg.com
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Exactly this, but for my Santee!
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    My Santee's package has been delivered! Huzzah!

However it appears to have been left on the porch. Come home Santee! Come home!

• Options
    EleriEleri Registered User regular
    Creamsteak wrote:
    cynthetic wrote:
    Creamsteak wrote:
    Idea: Year round secret santa all using the same box.

Yes! You get the box and have to send it on with a new gift inside! lol. I can foresee a very warn-out box by the end of it all.

I can see people decorating and reinforcing the box as it gets beat up. Soon it will be an awesome box. A veteran box. A box with experience.

This idea reeks of awesome, and should be pursued with all haste. Round Robin Prezzies!

Linking Book Nerds Unite!
    MYSTERIUM 2014 Spokane, WA
    www.mysterium.net
    Unwritten: Adventures in the Ages of Myst & Beyond
    www.unwrittenrpg.com
  • Options
    geniagenia Registered User regular
    It all began a week or so ago, when I got a call from my Dad letting me know I had a mysterious package from someone named [eye-shuh] (Way to give it away Dad!) I impatiently waited for finals to end so I could fly home and open this present! Love you eye-shuh!!!

So I get home, and find something special waiting for me!
    IMG_20111216_223204.jpg

It even has a card, and the card says that I have a National Geographic Subscription at my California address! Thank you Santa!!! I looooove NatGeo, this is a dream come true.
    IMG_20111216_223309.jpg

But what's inside??? A game from my wishlist that I've wanted for forever!!!
    IMG_20111216_223432.jpg

Thank you Santa Eye-Shuh!!! Hugs for you at PAX, so many hugs!

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So, some (awesome) guy on Twitter was saying how a box he sent out was delivered earlier today but no one was home to pick it up. He said that about five minutes before I started school. Thinking nothing of it, I came home about an hour ago (yes, I have school at night...on Fridays. Lame, I know.) and found a box with the sender's name we all know oh-so well. Instantly, I squeed and jumped around like a little girl ('cause I am one.)

My parents were curious about this box and when I explained this gent was my Sekrit Santa, they told me to place the box under the tree. I was all "Oh bugger no. He would want me to open it now." So, I did.

What's in the Box!?
    Picture217.jpg
    Dizzy was more curious about the box itself than the contents.

I was then greeted by a language we know--but I can't decipher to save my life.
    Picture219.jpg

And then! Just then! The gifts that are in accordance to article 34 of the Sekrit Santa Society Charter.
    Picture218.jpg
    An awesome note on left and binary on right, lower half of Mickey mug, iron keys (I needed some for my Renn Faire costume!), in-animate stickers, 8-Bit Cubes and Spongebob Monopoly.

Thank you so super-duper much, Santa Moe. You = the best around. And nothing's ever gonna keep you down!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    Oh finally the damn present has been shipped after ordering it like 10 days ago. JEEBS! I hope you get it by Christmas ;-;

PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    My gift has now been shipped to my designated Santee. Unfortunately it arrived to me later than expected so it's probably going to be delivered sometime in the week after christmas. The horror! I can deliver half the present on time though :D

• Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Look what my kind post man dropped off today. Going to be hard to wait till Christmas to open them. Thanks matt.
    YbuWO.jpg

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    So despite the fact that my santa-present was nestled under the tree with many other presents, awaiting Christmas morn... My husband has informed me that while my mother was here today (and I was out shopping), she unpacked it, claiming that she thought it was there by mistake. Anyway, I love my gift, despite being robbed of the joy of unwrapping it. Pics will come probably tomorrow, as I am heading to bed. Many thanks to my Santa, Rainbowtunnel.

• Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    cynthetic wrote:
    So despite the fact that my santa-present was nestled under the tree with many other presents, awaiting Christmas morn... My husband has informed me that while my mother was here today (and I was out shopping), she unpacked it, claiming that she thought it was there by mistake. Anyway, I love my gift, despite being robbed of the joy of unwrapping it. Pics will come probably tomorrow, as I am heading to bed. Many thanks to my Santa, Rainbowtunnel.

Awww that's too bad ): I'm glad you like it, though! I hope you get many chances to use it, hurhurhur.

• Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    I arrived home yesterday after work to be greeted by a slightly heavy box of wonders.
    IMAG0235-1.jpg
    Wrapped Presents. I waited for my DH to get home and we ate dinner before I unwrapped.
    IMAG0238.jpg
    Ahh a card. (I first though there was a PAX trading card in the envelope before I opened it.) What does it say? A riddle?
    IMAG0243-crop.jpg
    Hmm let me guess. Does it go on exciting adventures with a blond boy?
    DSCN1230.jpg
    I did not imagine the next gift coming. A bag of miniature cups I could see. Someone went on a trip to the Hershey's.
    DSCN1229.jpgDSCN1233.jpg

Thank you so much Feitocomfruta! You do realize you will make me sick. I did put one box away.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Well, I completely forgot about this...

But don't worry! Thanks to my Amazon Prime, everything should be shipped tomorrow and get there before Christmas.

And by everything I mean one box with 2 items in it. It's been a lean year for me, so I had to try and stick to the $20 max.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I need to post my pic on here, and I have my cell phone so I can take a picture. Give me a few minutes...

*Minutes later...*

So here's the story of how I found my gift.

I ordered some stuff from ThinkGeek for my brother. Tuesday night, I receive a package from TG and opened it thinking "Oh this must be the stuff I ordered" not realizing that for two tshirts and two dr who windup toys, the box was really heavy. I pull it out, and realize that this is my PAX Sekrit Santa. Thank you whoever you are on here, it only gave me a real name.
    portalbook.jpg

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    Apparently the post office mis-interpreted some of my awful handwriting, and the package got returned to me.

WONDERFUL.

I'll reship it tomorrow, so it might not get there before Christmas, or worse, New Years.

But I'll definitely provide proof of sending if this is the case.

I'm so sorry santee, I feel like such a silly goose.

Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    Hey Santa! So my roommates say there are a bunch of packages in my room right now. I have two finals tomorrow so I've been living in my lab since Wednesday to avoid the temptation of sleep. I'll be home after I finish drinking after my final on Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning to take pics. =D

Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Santee,
    I have been busy and just and shipped your package today. Luckily you live close, so you will likely have it tomorrow or Wednesday :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    Hey, I need to post my pic on here, and I have my cell phone so I can take a picture. Give me a few minutes...

*Minutes later...*

So here's the story of how I found my gift.

I ordered some stuff from ThinkGeek for my brother. Tuesday night, I receive a package from TG and opened it thinking "Oh this must be the stuff I ordered" not realizing that for two tshirts and two dr who windup toys, the box was really heavy. I pull it out, and realize that this is my PAX Sekrit Santa. Thank you whoever you are on here, it only gave me a real name.
    portalbook.jpg

Yeah, sorry about that. I realized afterwards that I forgot to put my forum handle on it. Hope you enjoy it!

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    Santee, your "present" is coming for you and I don't know what it will do when it finds you. (Granted it probably will not do much seeing as how its an inanimate object... but you never know) Assuming that all goes according to "plan" it should arrive by Friday. (Cue maniacal laughter...)

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Santee, your "present" is coming for you and I don't know what it will do when it finds you. (Granted it probably will not do much seeing as how its an inanimate object... but you never know) Assuming that all goes according to "plan" it should arrive by Friday. (Cue maniacal laughter...)

Maniacal laugh...maniacal laugh...maniacal laugh!

(I <3 The Muppets)

Nullzone on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well I've received part of my gift, and have been informed that the rest is on its way. I shall post again when it all arrives.

In other news, my santee reported that he loves his gifts but has yet to take pictures! >.<

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    isithereyetisithereyetisithereyetisithereyetisithereyet

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Santee-
    Your gift's tracking says wednesday for arrival! Woot!

Santa-
    I will be back in China on Christmas Eve to give an update if package has arrived or is being held by customs elves :)

• Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    Part two of my present arrived today. It was a pleasant surprise when I came home, It was a set of Two Doctor Who posters, one of the Van Gogh Tardis explosion and the other of the Dalek Victory Propaganda. The Fiance wants to get them framed within the next week or two, so I'll throw up pictures of them when I get that done. Thanks so so much Quicksnap. You're the bees knees, you sir, are so hip I bet you have issues seeing over your own pelvis. A Real hoopy frood, that guy.

• Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so MYSTERY!

First of all, I want to apologize to my Santa for not posting sooner. Package arrived on Friday but I had a photography gig Friday night, and all day D&D session on Saturday, and a cookies & cocktails party on Saturday night. Sunday I had no plans but a bitchin hangover. Y'all know how it is. Anyway, I wanted to save opening my present for when I could give the unboxing the enthusiasm it deserved!! Tonight I finally got to open my fabulous present.

On to the pictures!

Hmm, it's a Thinkgeek box. I don't think I have ordered anything from Thinkgeek lately. OH WAIT! Sekrit santa - woot! I wonder what's inside? (This is my dumb wondering face):
    1.jpg

The first thing my little eyes spied was a copy of ZOMBIE DICE! Huzzah! I have wanted this ever since I play-tested it at East in 2010. I have played it many times since then and enjoyed it, so I was psyched to get a copy. Unfortunately, I tried to get my psyched face and instead got psyched nose & half-eye:
    2.jpg

Also therein contained was a zombie-brain-eating-hat! How fun! I love silly hats:
    3.jpg

And okay, I don't really think I need to tell you guys this, because you're my peeps and you understand but ZOMBIES. ZOMG guys, zey are coming! Just like ze missiles! So my santa got me a boatload of awesome zombie shit! A book about how to survive the zombiepocalypse, a kit of zombie supplies, and inflatable brain (which I think of as my decoy, I will feed it to zombies in lieu of real brain, therefore buying myself more time to RUNAWAY!) This also included a tactical sandwich (conveniently lacking pork-product for jewey me - thanks santa!) which I somehow forgot to include in this pic:
    4.jpg

Last but not least, I finally got an 'excited for zombie dice' shot:
    5.jpg

So I'd love to say a HUGE thank you to my awesome Santa, but I'm still not sure who you are! See, the ThinkGeek packing slip had a message that said my gifts were from @CaptainRedmuff on twitter. So I assumed this was also my santa's forum handle - WRONG. So I look my Santa up on twitter. He says his name is Zack Brown, but his twitter feed is LE PRIVATE, so I can't really tell anything else about my Santa, like perhaps his forum handle. THEN, to make matters more confusing, the billing address on the packing slip lists the person who paid as Jennifer (last name excluded for privacy). HMMMMM, so is my santa Zack or Jennifer? Reveal yourself post haste so that I may shower you with appreciation! MUCHAS GRACIAS and much love!

~browncoatbeth

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Santee,

USPS tried to deliver your item but couldn't for some reason. Apparently they left you a notice to go pick it up at the post office? Or do you want me to arrange a redelivery?

You (probably) know who you are...

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Sorry, the packing slip was *SUPPOSED* to contain a message with my identity and instructions for your zombie apocalypse survival kit but maybe thinkgeek failed me on that front. Glad you liked it. :)
    Ok, so MYSTERY!

***SNIP***

~browncoatbeth

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    ok santee, here's the deal: your gift WILL be shipped out tomorrow, you have my word. and i will wait in line at the post office as long as it takes and pay all kinds of extra dollars to make sure you get it this week. I PROMISE.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    Santee's gift has been shipped!

No idea when it'll be there, but hopefully soon!

Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    CIMG0020.jpg

Dear Santee,

Your gifts have been packaged for, as my friend who works for FedEx said, "What we're about to do to this thing." Couple of points of interest here. Your gift is not from Newegg (the cake and the box are both a lie), we cut the sides of the box and folded them in to make up for our insufficient quantity of packing peanuts, those labels are there for structural support, its had the dickens taped out of it :)

Your gift should arrive on Thursday. PRAISE SANTA!

pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    mmmm... I have the flu, which is why I've been lazy with the pictures. I'm just flopping around the house in self pity. lol.

I'm getting worried about my santee's gift, as it should have arrived by now, and I haven't seen them on the boards for a while. Could just be Christmas shipping being slow I suppose...

Edit: I WILL post pics after I stop looking like a train wreck. I realize no one cares what I look like, but I don't want my swollen face and mixed expression (of excitement for the gift and feeling of "Why God, Why?" for my illness) giving anyone nightmares.

cynthetic on
  • Options
    blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    parabola wrote:
    Santee,

USPS tried to deliver your item but couldn't for some reason. Apparently they left you a notice to go pick it up at the post office? Or do you want me to arrange a redelivery?

You (probably) know who you are...

That's weird I delivered it UPS and the UPS page says delivered 12/9/2011 at 2:00pm. It also says it was left at the front desk and Alison signed for it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Woot! Thank you, Jenny! :) I think ThinkGeek DID fail you, as it had some totally different person's twitter handle up in there, and no instructions for zombie survival! But I am psyched to be well equipped nonetheless!! You are an awesome Santa - thank you!!!

Sorry, the packing slip was *SUPPOSED* to contain a message with my identity and instructions for your zombie apocalypse survival kit but maybe thinkgeek failed me on that front. Glad you liked it. :)
    Ok, so MYSTERY!

***SNIP***

~browncoatbeth

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    So the thing I made for my Santee broke while I was packing it. Go me. :P I had a good cry and have now engaged Backup Plan Alpha, which should ship tomorrow.

Also, now that I know this was you, I HAZ A SAD! I am so sorry your handmade thing broke! Hope you are not still having a good cry, and be happy because I loves my thinkgeek stuff!!

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    yoshamano wrote:
    Dear Santee,
    Couple of points of interest here. Your gift is not from Newegg (the cake and the box are both a lie)

Oh man, I was momentarily really excited for your santee. I'm sure it's still something super cool. :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    4jxcsl.jpg

I love my gifts! THANK YOU PARABOLA! :D

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ