Options

I'm [Kingdom], he's [Hearts], and that's [Thread].

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    The only one that doesn't make sense to me is Re:Coded. That clearly should have been on both PSP AND DS. Here's the logic.

Chain of Memories: They wanted to make a handheld title (for the lower budget and production value required) and GBA was the only game in town at the time.

358/2 Days: I guess Chain must have done well for them, so a similar tie-in for the GBA's successor makes sense.

Birth By Sleep: Since the PSP is basically Ps2 level quality, they can make a KH "3" without having to spend next gen budget or time on it (instead, it can be at the Ps2 level budget and time investment). The higher production values make the DS out of the question this time, the game already runs pedal to the metal on the PSP (you need to install AND overclock the system to really get the best out of the game).

Re:Coded : So they're remaking the very inessential cell phone game with the higher production values of the existing handheld games. Okay, makes sense. But... why not capture the audience that developed for both 358 and BBS by releasing an identical version for DS and PSP? I suppose the reason must have been that the systems can't be similar to program for. Still, this game doesn't really use the dual/touch screen for anything important, would have been fine on PSP.

I think it's much simpler. They realized no one in America owns a PSP, and decided to cut their losses.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    I think Chain of Memories is the third best selling game in the series by a factor of five or so over 358. BBS and DDD are basement dwellers in comparison.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    The only one that doesn't make sense to me is Re:Coded. That clearly should have been on both PSP AND DS. Here's the logic.

Chain of Memories: They wanted to make a handheld title (for the lower budget and production value required) and GBA was the only game in town at the time.

358/2 Days: I guess Chain must have done well for them, so a similar tie-in for the GBA's successor makes sense.

Birth By Sleep: Since the PSP is basically Ps2 level quality, they can make a KH "3" without having to spend next gen budget or time on it (instead, it can be at the Ps2 level budget and time investment). The higher production values make the DS out of the question this time, the game already runs pedal to the metal on the PSP (you need to install AND overclock the system to really get the best out of the game).

Re:Coded : So they're remaking the very inessential cell phone game with the higher production values of the existing handheld games. Okay, makes sense. But... why not capture the audience that developed for both 358 and BBS by releasing an identical version for DS and PSP? I suppose the reason must have been that the systems can't be similar to program for. Still, this game doesn't really use the dual/touch screen for anything important, would have been fine on PSP.

I think it's much simpler. They realized no one in America owns a PSP, and decided to cut their losses.

Haha. Oh you. 8->

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    He's not entirely wrong though. BBS is a much better game than days which outsold it by a ton (and it's not even close)

Hell DDD outsold it and that was back when the 3DS still had a pretty low userbase.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I thought BBS was a better game than DDD, which was by no means a bad game itself. BBS was just a fantastic game on an unpopular system. I'm glad people will get to see what it's about with KH 2.5.

This is coming from someone who, if they released the next KH installment on Vita, would pick up a Vita the day the KH game came out. But that's not happening, and FF Type 0 is never being localized, so I'm never getting a Vita.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Is there any actual information out on when we're getting the 2.5 hd remix? I've been trying to google for it, but I'm only finding info on KH3.

I just finished 1 and Days in the 1.5 remix. I'd never finished Days (I have it on the ds, but I couldn't stand the repetition and the stealth missions.) What a sad game :'(

• Options
    Days is the worst game to play but has the best story since KH 1. In fact I really should praise SE for handling it like they did.

Oh sure, you can call them lazy for not wanting to port a very mediocre DS game to PS3 because it would be expensive and not appreciated, or you can instead give them some faint praise for including the best part of that game into the package.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    what? I hated the story in days.

Well, okay, I mostly just hated Axel in days, but he was around for a long time.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I really like the fact that I was given a chance to experience the story of days without having to play it.
    Of the three games in the package to not include, days really makes the most sense. You can't play 1 or CoM on a modern system, but you can play days on a 3ds. (The same can be said for their choices in 2.5 as well.)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Freaking Unknown in Final Mix. His Shock/Release trick is the brick wall that keeps killing me. I know how to work it, but I can't always pull it off.

So, I'm torn between getting Ultima Weapon (good lord, the Synthesizing), getting Gravity Break (good lord, clearing Hades Cup in 20 minutes), and just continuing at it.

• Options
    Getting the Ultima Weapon wasn't super hard. The Hades Cup 20 minute timer is super easy to beat too. I think I finished with 8 minutes left over or something. (I had Ultima when I did it though.) After doing those things Unknown was pretty easy, actually. I just ran away from him during the shock/release shit and waited until attack or triangle was release, rather than trying to chase it around with the d-pad.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, my issue is mosly chasing down the Stones held by the new guys, most specifically the Stealth Soldier and (maybe) Pink Agaricus. Agaricus mostly because Stopga will really help with it, and trying to fight the Phantom for Stopga without MP Rage is gonna be bad. See, I went wiht Shield. I don't get MP Rage until level 90.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Stopga won't help.
    Higher level stop spells simply increase the area of effect of the stop spell. The spell's duration is based off your max mp. Get the most out of your stop spells by equipping all the +mp items you can (especially the ones that give you +2, even if they lower your strength) and a keyblade like the spellbinder or diamond dust. Make sure to cast aeroga on yourself (the hits from aeroga count too) and use ragnorok at least once. (each projectile from rag counts too.)
    The stealth soldiers are easy too. The only room I've ever seen them in is:
    the room where you fight riku in hollow bastion.
    If you have encounter plus, just kill everything in that room, and keep an eye out for enemies that you can lock onto that aren't visible. Lock on to it, and make sure to do your best to stay close to it so it won't despawn. Be careful though, the game's an asshole, and likes to break your lock-on for no good reason.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    That's very good to know. Phantom's a brick wall without MP Rage. There's only so much Goofy can do.

You can use Ragnarok underwater?

Oh, and is it just me, or do the Divine Rose's stats make no sense, considering you get it around the same time as Oblivion, and yet it completely obsoletes Oblivion? I mean, in teh original version, it was a middle-of-the-road option beween Oblivion and Oahkeeper.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. that advice is for the agarcius. Phantom's a dick. Being a high level, having shit tons of mp, and filling your inventory with elixers is the only thing that you can do there.

One other thing you can do is give goofy tons of elixers, and remove all of his abilites that use mp other than mp gift. Bring pan and turn all his abilities off too.

• Options
    Oh, I know the advice is for the Agaricus. I mentioned Phantom because I was happy to know I didn't need Stopga to get the most out of the Agaricus.

So, you can use Ragnarok underwater? I never knew.

• Options
    OH! Make sure you're fighting the agaricus at deep jungle tree house and not atlantica.

• Options
    Ah. Good deal.

So that's two FM Heartless that show up there.

Oh, wait. I just remembered. More than the Agaricus or Stealth Soldiers, I'm worried about getting stuff from Sniperwilds. Do the reinforcements even drop stuff? Because I spent a few minutes Strike Raiding reinforcements to no avail.

• Options
    The camera was the real secret boss of the Phantom fight in the non HD KH1.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    For the sniperwilds, once you're being targeted by the purple thing they'll never stop shooting you and they don't drop items. I thought they were going to be a pain in the ass, but I figured out how to deal with them too:

Fight them with the same equipment load-out as the the agaricus. Make sure the first one spawns in the correct place (straight ahead of the first district door in the second district plaza area, it'll be in the middle of the lower area or will have jumped up to the upper area on the left.) Move around it all the way to the right so you're approaching it facing the first district gates. Lock onto it from as far away as you can, run towards it when it's on the lower level, and then blast the hell out of it with firaga. Stay somewhat far away from it so you're not in range of the subsequent groups when they spawn, but make sure to stay within firaga's range (it was much shorter than I expected it to be), keeping in mind that it will take multiple hits to kill one and each hit knocks it back. Quickly lock onto the new ones when they spawn and firaga the hell out of all of them until they drop the stuff you need. You're going to need more than one of those stones so I'd keep going until one manages to target you. Aeroga helps when you're trying to get away from them too.

One other synthesis tip: Orichalum can be bought at the item shop if you're far enough in the game. (And you probably will have to buy at least one.)

LD50 on
  • Options
    By the way, I tried Ragnarok on the Agaricus.

That is, I tried to try Ragnarok. But the command isn't showing up, despite me equipping it and removing Ars Arcanum.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Make sure you're targeting it's head rather than it's body.

Also, encounter plus works here too. If you're not getting the mushroom spawns just leave to the treetop area and come back.

LD50 on
  • Options
    Oh, I know.

Don't even need Encounter Plus, so long as you don't clear out the Wyverns and such.

• Options
    Right, but with encounter plus you don't have to kill the wyverns.

• Options
    Ah, the head-targeting worked. I now have a Serenity Power, and the knowledge of how to get more if needed.

• Options
    Oh, you'll need more, don't worry. Give a shout if you need advice for any of the other materials.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Man, Sniperwilds are annoying even with the Firaga strategy.

Mostly becaue I've yet to see one drop a Power Stone. Just gotta keep at it, I guess.

Edit! Oh! I have to beat three waves to get a proper drop! That makes sense now.

And it's nice to know I can stave off the alert by continuing to shoot the Sniperwild in the face. Reminds me of making a snap decision when someone spots me in a Metal Gear Solid game.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I should have mentioned that. The more waves you kill the better the drop rates get, also (to the point where you're getting more than one each wave).

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Grand Ghost is a bit annoying. Mostly because I keep messing up and throwing my Hi-Potions to Goofy instead.

Maybe I should just summon Bambi while fighting him.

Edit: Yup, that worked just fine.

Enlong on
  • Options
    The better the healing item the higher the chance he'll drop the good stuff. You can use more than one elixir and get something like 4 stones out of him at once.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    But, Elixirs, man. I can always buy more Hi-Potions.

...hten again, I need at least two more Frost Stones than I have ot get a certain item... Maybe.

Oh, and I ran into and got a Dazzling Stone out of a Jet Balloon without even intending to find one. I was just looking to get Power Gems out of Flying Pirates.

By the way, I'd like to verify a suspicion of mine. It seems to me that you have to move at least two rooms away from where you encountered a Final Mix Heartless (Stealth Soldier, Sniperwild, Neoshadow, etc) before the room will allow you to encounter it again. I noticed this when I ran into and out of the Bamboo Thicket like a dozen times trying to fight another Black Waltz, but it wasn't until I went into the Tent that he'd show up again. Similar thing happened with the Sniperwild. Going into and out of District 2 yielded no fruit, but ducking into the Accessory Shop on the way did the trick. Is this true, or am I just encountering a ton of coincidences?

Enlong on
  • Options
    Yeah, the jet balloon is pretty tame compared to the rest. Just make sure not to lose all your munny getting hit by his stupid torpedo divers (aeroga is guaranteed to reflect them, which is nice), and make sure to kill it over the ship so the stones don't drop into the ocean.

I wouldn't be overly stingy with the elixirs, there's not much more to use them for.

• Options
    Treasure Magnet also works well for scooping up the Stone.

Also, man, I need o get Aeroga.

• Options
    Find all the dalmatians to unlock aeroga, I think. I'd do that before trying to get any more serenity powers.

• Options
    Yeah, I know how to get it. It's just, all the dalmation hunting is a mental barrier. I'll get it soon, I suppose.

So, is there any truth to my "you have to go two rooms away from the Stone-dropping Heartless spawn room" theory?

• Options
    Kind of. I think it may vary somewhat by area, but in general you have to move two or more rooms away from anywhere to get new heartless to show up, and the stone dropping heartless are simply a possible encounter in the right rooms.

Encounter plus voids all that though. With encounter plus you always get a full fresh encounter when you enter a room, so you can force rare spawns just by leaving and coming back. (This is important for the neoshadows, as I had a hell of a time getting them to spawn. They only show up in the room immediately before the final save point of the game, and their spawn chance is much lower than the other rares.)

If you check your journal, it tells you what world the puppies you're missing are on. If you use the internet to find the puppies, keep in mind that the final mix version of the game moved some of the puppies around.

• Options
    The 2.5 remix trailer has been released. I don't know how to embed the video properly, so I'll just post the link:

youtu.be/EgOTOpTAxMs

• Options
    You just need to paste the URL without URL tags.

http://youtu.be/EgOTOpTAxMs

• Options
    Ah, that's so easy.

It's a shame they didn't give us a release date. I really want to play BBS.

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    BBS is looking good in that trailer.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna