As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo 3DS]: Dillion's Rolling Western, Mario Tennis, Spirit Camera!

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So, here's my pre-coffee bad(maybe good?) idea for the day.

An AR sequel to Pokemon Snap on the 3DS.

Or

an game wherein Pokemon have battles. Rap battles. Call it, Pokemon,Snap!

OMG!, this TOTP is boner inducing!

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I still want an AR game where you can build a mini-environment on a table and then have little skirmishes on it.

Step 1: Tape down four unique AR markers to the four corners of the table.

Step 2: Use a rudimentary 3D editing program to drag cubes, cylinders, spheres etc. onto the table, to cover up real world counterparts of boxes and mugs.

Step 3: Play a skirmish or battle simulation, using the level map built earlier to treat real world objects as in-game obstacles. Soldiers sneaking around between cups and running up cardboard ramps.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote:
    I'm still waiting for the last Pokemon Ranger to drop in price.

I'm still waiting for a Pokemon Ranger where Professor Oak summons five Pokemon trainers with attitude and has them form an elite fighting, Pokemon-themed, color-coordinated task force code-named Pokemon Ranger.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Kuroi OokamiKuroi Ookami Registered User regular
    I have a $25 certificate for Bestbuy that expires in 30 days, so I've been looking at some games that interest me.

I considered Pokemon Rumble Blast, read a really bad review, decided against it, came here, and some of you have changed my mind on it again but I might wait for a price drop.

I also know that Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is HIGHLY recommended by everyone here.

What I want to know is... Does anyone know anything at all about Zoo Mania? I love animals, but I don't love crappy animal games. If this were a remake of Zoo Tycoon (that worked, unlike the DS one that I still avoid) I wouldn't think much about it, so long as it didn't have the bugs or worse that the DS version had. But, it's not a Tycoon game, so far as I know. For all I know it's a watered down Kinectimals, I just don't know what to think. I've tried to find reviews but have come up empty handed. This is why I was hoping that someone here may have played it, and could share their impressions of it with me.

I'm also considering the Starfox64 3D game, but if I played a lot of it on the 64, will the voice differences bother me too much? Maybe bother isn't the right word, but would it get to me too much in a grating way?

I'm also considering Super Mario 3D Land, but it comes out a week or so after my birthday, and since it's a more high profile game in brand name, I don't want to pre-order this only to find out someone got it for me for my birthday, or even for a Christmas gift. Same goes for the Mario Kart game coming out.

So, with birthday and Christmas in mind about how close they are, I was thinking primarily about Zoo Mania, since it's not some hyped up brand name main stream game. So really, can anyone comment on this game? otherwise, I might see if I can find a Points Card to spend my $25 certificate on, there are a number of eShop games I either want right now, or am hoping come out in the future. Do they still make these cards? I thought they did, but I recall in the last thread someone said they didn't, unless they were referring to console/handheld specific ones and how the cards are just simply something like Nintendo Cards now and you use them on console/handheld of choice.

3DS (Topaz) 3351-4061-2929
    Wii U Topazfalcon (yes I play MH3U, preferably with a headset/mic usage)
    Let me know if you add me on either.
  • Options
    Is Zoo Mania even out?

You're right, there is literally no information about this game anywhere. Freakin' GameFAQs has zero topics about it, that's saying something.

I have the impression that it's not much of a sim game, it's mostly just for populating a zoo with mildly realistic animals for you to look at. Like a fancy gallery with a little bit of game behind it. It's no Zoo Tycoon.

If you like strategy games at all, Final Fantasy Tactics etc., you will probably enjoy Ghost Recon, that's my recommendation. It's probably available for cheap now too.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    Got Pokémon Rumble Blast yesterday and popped it in right before falling asleep. All in all, it seems like a silly but fun game. I'm enjoying the simplicity right now, as it's a rather huge counterpoint to Dark Souls. I'm curious if that "silly and fun" vibe will last, however. We'll see once I get more time in with it.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Got Pokémon Rumble Blast yesterday and popped it in right before falling asleep.

So, it isn't very good then?

:P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Got Pokémon Rumble Blast yesterday and popped it in right before falling asleep.

So, it isn't very good then?

:P

Hah! Actually it kept me up later that I should have stayed up for. Spent an hour or so with it. I'm still attached to Dark Souls, so tearing myself away from it really only happens when I need to sleep, or when my wife needs the TV :P

• Options
    Cucco LeaderCucco Leader Registered User regular
    So, apparently Pokemon Rumble Blast has all 646 pokemon. This is the first pokemon game to have them all right?
    Yeah, this game has freed me from the clutches of Skylanders. I don't know why people give it such a hard time. It's so adorable.

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Have they said when they'll release the Ambassador GBA games yet? Just curious.

• Options
    LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    So, apparently Pokemon Rumble Blast has all 646 pokemon. This is the first pokemon game to have them all right?
    Yeah, this game has freed me from the clutches of Skylanders. I don't know why people give it such a hard time. It's so adorable.

Well, from what I understand the 3 5th gen event legendaries Nintendo is still pretending don't exist
    Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect
    aren't anywhere in the game, but other than that, yeah, it as them all.

SpaceGarSig.png
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Darlan wrote:
    Have they said when they'll release the Ambassador GBA games yet? Just curious.

80 past 2 on April 47th.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Aliens is ball-kickingly difficult at points. But I love it so.

I just wish you could actually recruit more marines before having one of your current 4 die off

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Picked up Pac Man/Galaga today for $20. I think that that's about the right price for it. Pac Man Championship is really fun and the 3d is nice and subtle. I haven't played much of the Pac Man Tilt yet, just one level, but it seems like a fun game with sort of basic graphics.

• Options
    You're really going nuts buying 3DS games, aren't you? :)

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the point is in having all these unique Marines if I can't use any of them. If I die, I'm just going to reset back to the last save. I haven't really noticed a change between Marines except for tiny, one or two word differences in dialogue.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I still want an AR game where you can build a mini-environment on a table and then have little skirmishes on it.

Step 2: Use a rudimentary 3D editing program to drag cubes, cylinders, spheres etc. onto the table, to cover up real world counterparts of boxes and mugs.

Step 3: Play a skirmish or battle simulation, using the level map built earlier to treat real world objects as in-game obstacles. Soldiers sneaking around between cups and running up cardboard ramps.

Make it a LEGO IP and I'm on my way to the store.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Picked up Pac Man/Galaga today for $20. I think that that's about the right price for it. Pac Man Championship is really fun and the 3d is nice and subtle. I haven't played much of the Pac Man Tilt yet, just one level, but it seems like a fun game with sort of basic graphics.

Where was it $20? I want in on that...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    You're really going nuts buying 3DS games, aren't you? :)

I've got 5 right now - I've been really into portable gaming in general the past year or so. I think I'm done for awhile - unless some awesome deal comes up...

I got the Namco game at Walmart for $19.99 and their pricing does vary so I make no guarantee that it's that price everywhere.

• Options
    P.S.: Amazon has a buy 2 games get 1 free for DS, 3DS, PS3, Xbox360, and Wii. Expires the 5th. Right here.

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the point is in having all these unique Marines if I can't use any of them. If I die, I'm just going to reset back to the last save. I haven't really noticed a change between Marines except for tiny, one or two word differences in dialogue.

The best one I've seen so far is Rook
    If you have him on point during the end boss the Yutani guy calls him out on being a synthetic, to which he responds "I prefer the term artificial person."

Then there's a "I can't allow a human to come to harm through inaction. Oh wait, yes I can." bit that is pretty funny

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote:

Make it a LEGO IP and I'm on my way to the store.

They already have an AR landscape modifier system in the AR games extras. They just need to take advantage of this to save the modified landscape and import it into golf/battle games.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDh853hb7QM

So Pyramids looks like a Solomon's Key rip-off. Not like that's a bad thing though. Anyone got it yet?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Time to send my 3DS off for repairs. It's weird, their troubleshooting site didn't even have an entry for my problem. The closest one - "Screen is dark or miscolored" - seemed to be about ppl bitching that their brightness settings are not setup right and wouldn't let me initiate a repair off it -_- (No Nintendo, it's not normal when the white background is showing *black*) Went with "half the screen doesn't display" which is *kind* of true and then I just elaborated in the details section.

Hoping they can just repair this without having to swap out a new system. I don't want to lose any of my saved stuff (plus I actually have a system with no dead pixels - want to keep it that way :P)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So there was a big Resident Evil Revelations blowout today. Screens, videos, info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4GMcqF6gYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRqEBxwdlow

Capcom and their bullshots!

UiNIJ.jpg
    xIv6I.jpg
    erUTO.jpg
    fHWBA.jpg

Raid mode looks cool, it's like Mercenaries with objectives and more rewards/customization. Glad it's separate from the main game.

Joystiq preview of the game, including impressions of the Circle Pad Pro.
    The headline might have given away how I'd prefer to play the game: Resident Evil: Revelations is far more enjoyable with the added analog attachment.

The Circle Pad Pro itself feels great; it's light and contoured for extended play sessions. The extra bulk of the dock isn't a deal breaker – at least, it wasn't once I got my hands on it. Seeing it is one thing, but once I actually used it, I was sold.

Eurogamer preview:
    Capcom has unveiled Resident Evil: Revelations' Raid Mode, its single-player or two-player co-op experience.

In Raid Mode you play as Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield, and attack enemies to earn points that can be used to upgrade your character and weapons.

Raid Mode is playable over local Wi-fi or the internet, with levels lifted from the single-player experience. Enemies have levels and health bars appear above them. At the end of each mission the player receives a rank based on their performance. Loot is also given to the player.

"The story mode in the game is something we created with the single-player experience in mind," Revelations assistant producer Tsukasa Takenaka told Eurogamer. "I would like everyone to play the game in their bedroom with the lights off and headphones on. That's the way to experience the mode.

"At the same time, these games we create, we know they're really enjoyable when you're able to share some of that experience with a friend. Multiplayer is very important and that communication is something that resonates with everyone. We felt putting Raid Mode in, in this kind of structure, allowed us to do that for this game as well."

Meanwhile, Capcom announced the fourth playable character in Revelations' campaign: Keith Lumley. Lumley, alongside partner Quint Cetcham, act as comic relief in the otherwise serious game, and are described as "nerdy". In one sequence shown at a press event, the pair face off against invisible hunters, and players must use the Genesis Scanner to detect them.

"Previous Resident Evil games have featured maybe not so many characters," Takenaka said. "In older Resident Evil games the story takes place from one or two characters' perspectives and progresses with them from beginning to end.

This game is different in that you see a lot of different viewpoints from a lot of different characters. The viewpoints shift around. That's one of the things we're talking about with the episodic structure of the story. You get to see things unfold from different characters in different times, and we found different kinds of characters makes that even more compelling.

"They do seem a bit comical, but when you see how they fit into the story and what they bring to the experience, they're definitely Resident Evil characters."

Also revealed is Revelations' "Enhance 3D depth slider" option, which allows players to widen or narrow the 3D effect provided by the Nintendo 3DS slider. You can select from normal, strong and very strong.

The Western version of the game includes the Japanese voice over as a bonus. It also allows you to reset your game save data - a response to the controversy surrounding the lack of a save game reset feature in Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Dat Ass in Three Dee.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    Also revealed is Revelations' "Enhance 3D depth slider" option, which allows players to widen or narrow the 3D effect provided by the Nintendo 3DS slider. You can select from normal, strong and very strong.

Cool. I like this, because most games have crappy, pointless 3D with no options to fix it. The camera being locked over the shoulder probably means there won't be any bullshit auto-focus, and with options to increase the depth it'll probably be great.

Only having arcade-style co-op is disappointing.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So, it's November.

Any word on the GBA games we're supposed to get?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Whelp, 3DS is off to be repaired. Hopefully Nintendo will have a quick turn-around. I'd like the thing back before Mario 3d Land hits :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Has Nintendo confirmed a release date for the firmware update?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh shit that Resident Evil game looks so very good.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    So I was thinking of something... Nintendo wants to have an online version of the eShop... does this mean we will finally have, like, real accounts? Because everything is still tied to the system. How the hell do they plan on migrating online purchases to the correct system? I mean, yeah, it's tied to your Club Nintendo account, but I believe you can tie multiple systems to that. At the very least, I know I have both a 3DS and DSi tied to mine - what if I bought a DSiWare game, how do they know which one to deliver it to?

Knowing Nintendo though, they'll probably force you to enter your 3DS serial number every time you make a purchase or something retarded like that.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Firmware is going to be around the last full week of November.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Firmware is going to be around the last full week of November.

Gotcha. I might order my Red 3DS the week before so I can get my old aqua model up on the Amazon marketplace before Christmas.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Just a heads up. You should check out Nintendo Video on the 3DS. They posted the recording of the Zelda Main Theme Medley that's on the CD that comes with the Skyward Sword bundle.

I admit, I teared up.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Looks like RE Revelations will be $50 for some ungodly reason.

Amazon is still selling it for $40 at least.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    Yeah. Anyone who's interested in the game should pre-order on Amazon now. They won't even attempt to charge your card until they begin the shipping process, and you can cancel it whenever you want if you decide you don't want it later. The pre-order price guarantee also means that if the price goes down or they add a special offer (like a $10 credit or whatever), you'll automatically get it.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Ferquin wrote:
    Just a heads up. You should check out Nintendo Video on the 3DS. They posted the recording of the Zelda Main Theme Medley that's on the CD that comes with the Skyward Sword bundle.

I admit, I teared up.

I watched that today and it was fantastic. I don't even care about the 3D, I just loved the orchestrated theme. So very well done. I can't wait to get Skyward Sword to get my hands on it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Aww, I send off my 3DS for repair and they finally put something in the video thing worth watching? :(

This discussion has been closed.