As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo 3DS]: Dillion's Rolling Western, Mario Tennis, Spirit Camera!

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Unless some lesser title comes along though the king of shit 3D will be Tales of the Abyss. Not only is it lazily implemented and usually hard to notice but when it does come up it usually ghosts like crazy.

Yeah this is a but too much. I haven't experienced any ghosting, probably because the 3D is as shallow as it is, but I still find it noticeable and worth keeping on.

Crazy stuff went down around the 15 hour mark. I am really enjoying it but I think I will always love Tales of Symphonia more...we'll see!

EDIT: This is interesting, according to Team Meat the 3DS has a 2 gig limit for download software:
    [WiiWare's]40MB is horrible, but [3DS's] 2GB is reasonable. Super Meat Boy would have been on WiiWare if we could have had just a few more megabytes of space – you can only compress stuff so much before you have to start cutting out huge parts of your game. Unfortunately, at that point, it just isn’t worth the time.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yay, Nintendo sent me a spot pass puzzle piece. Kid Icarus Uprising!

They really are going out of their way to promote this game.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    I spent a bunch of coins and got about 28 pieces. Missing a few pieces and the purple ones.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Considering it's the first KI game in over 20 years they better be.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ha! I just found this.

Namco, be more careful when you port a non-widescreen game to widescreen...

ZFNly.jpg

Intersecting walls and such, honestly! :P

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I got my KI puzzle piece too. Whee! Also, while buying puzzle pieces today, I got the "get 3 pieces of the same puzzle" achievement. Cool.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Not when you realize you can only get 10 coins max per day (10 = 1,000 steps) and you just spent 6 for those three duplicate pieces.

Plus, I'm encountering mummies in Find Mii II Secret Quest and my lead keeps getting scared off and I gotta spend coins on an extra Mii.

Coins are precious. I hate wasting them.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    EVOL wrote: »
    New info about Fire Emblem's 'My Unit'

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/characters/chara2.html

Well, not really info, but examples of customization.

I still want them to just make Wii Tactics. Yeah, total audience mishmash, but still...

"Shake the Wii Remote to conjure up Strategy!"

Its called Battallion Wars.

Battalion Wars doesn't let Obama rapidly spin a lance twice his height and then stab McCain with it.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    A friend and myself have at least one piece in every new puzzle except one I believe, and one day because of his bitching that I only had 3 pieces left to give him during our frequent streetpassing that I should get some more. He had about seven more than me. So I go fair's fair, and I promise that I'll get new puzzle pieces until I get my first duplicate.

36 pieces later and I've run through all 72 stockpiled coins. No duplicates.
    Dritz wrote: »
    People've been bad mouthing Tales of Abyss's looks and I'd like to refute them. I guess it doesn't showcase 3D that much but it doesn't feel like a bad implementation. The actual graphics of the game do sometimes look a little weird 3D or not. Still a great game though, even if I think I have the plot twits all mapped out already.

The game looks like a late PS2 game and besides the ghosting I think it runs fine too

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    The game looks like a late PS2 game and besides the ghosting I think it runs fine too

You don't say? :lol:

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The end is nigh! Goodbye old friend.

Also, why didn't anyone tell me that Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was such a fun and awesome RPG!?!? :x

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular

Also, why didn't anyone tell me that Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was such a fun and awesome RPG!?!? :x

If you like Dark Dawn, and you haven't played the original GBA games before, definitely check those out too. They're about a hundred times better in terms of puzzle/level design. Dark Dawn is such a disappointment to me.

• Options

If you like Dark Dawn, and you haven't played the original GBA games before, definitely check those out too. They're about a hundred times better in terms of puzzle/level design. Dark Dawn is such a disappointment to me.

Yea, I bought Dark Dawn for ten bucks when Best Buy had it on sale. I have never played the GBA Golden Sun games, I'll have to ebay them.

But yea, so far I am enjoying Dark Dawn so very much. I love the puzzles, they remind me of the earlier Wild Arms games a lot.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    People like to hate on Dark Dawn but I thought it was pretty good. The original is probably my favorite though. I hope we see a sequel at some point.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    I'm sure we will. Look at the cliffhanger Dark Dawn ended on.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Playing Dillon's Rolling Western, and while I'm not too far in, I'm rather enjoying what I've played.

I was thinking to myself earlier that it would be nice to instead be able to play it on the television, and it occurred to me that on the Wii U, one could do just that... in theory, at least. Be neat if, as with some movies, you could get some sort of code for a downloadable version of a DS/3DS game on the Wii U, and switch between them as desired. Sort of like that new thing Sony's got going on, I guess, but with two screens and a touchscreen.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Guys! I might have found the perfect solution to the problem with the scratches on the top screen.

I just ordered this weird type of silicone that is formable by hand, and sticks to everything. I really hope it is as cool as they claim, because I think it will work great.

Oh and Godspeed 3DS-thread. It's sad that it has to die :( But I think I have almost all of you on my friendlist by now :P

3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular

I've been saying this all the time! Seriously, if they had released a Golden Sun on the 3DS, I'd buy a 3DS day one. No questions asked. Not even Mario or Zelda can boast that. Well, maybe Paper Mario, which reminds me, release date please? Announce Advance Wars while you're at it.

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    G0DG0D Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So guys, it's been a great honor being a part of this thread. We've gone from early adoption to seeing some great games make their way out in both the physical and digital realms, and the future is looking just as bright if I may say so myself.

I'd love to see a Resident Evil Revelaitons thread, especially since I've just unlocked Raid Mode and S ranked the first four levels by myself and need some co-op action.

Heroes of Ruin is only a couple months out, and if everything goes to plan, we'll all be salivating to get some dungeon crawling done together, WITH MIC SUPPORT, JOY!

Really hope that with the tread's demise this doesn't mean we won't all still stick together as the family community we've started here.

Happy 3DSing everyone! It's a verb now.

Quick Edit: Meant to mention this, but I just played the MGS3D Demo today. Yeah, face-button aiming has never been great, but it's better than touchscreen based aiming in my book, besides, there are enough options to make aiming fairly painless overall. And despite the occasional slowdown in framerate, the going out of 3D when in FPS aiming, and less than high-res textures, I think the demo is pretty damned astounding. I forgot how fun that game was, and was finding myself grinning ear to ear during the entire thing. I'm sorry that there seems to be a lot of gripes, but I just hope everyone gives MGS3 a try in some form or fashion, as it holds up in my eyes.

G0D on
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Well it's been fun to come in here from time to time to talk about 3DS news, what with all the drama and the suspension regarding the handhelds early struggles, exciting turns of events and later successes. I suspect we'll find some other thread to talk about this stuff in eventually, but for now, goodbye 3DS thread. It's been a good run.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    So it looks like this is the end. I didn't post here too much myself, but I found a few awesome games thanks to this thread. See you all in the eShop thread and Swapnote. Good night sweet prince. :(

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Hopefully the thread will live long enough for someone to answer - do screen protectors stop the issue with the screens touching enough? I know that I see the lines on either side on my protectors - should that be enough to protect against any permanent damage?

And so long thread - I don't play many major releases on the big consoles on launch so I guess it's probably so long G&T as well.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Goodbye 3DS thread, you will be missed. Watching the lame megathread rule go into effect makes me a sad panda, especially when I don't see it apply to other things on more than one occasion, but that's neither here nor there.

Hopefully everyone added me up and if I missed you hit me up if you want some fighting action. Otherwise I'll see the usual cast in other threads. I need to play catch up though on my little system, aside from collecting the usual puzzles and Find Mii I've been too busy with The Old Republic to pick up anything new since Zelda!

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I wonder how many more days (or even weeks) the 3DS thread would have lasted without all of the posts about its own doom. I imagine we'd still have 6 or 7 pages left.

EDIT: Adding my case suggestion here, as not to add another post.

pTRU1-10021913dt.jpg

I've never really needed much protection for my handhelds outside of cosmetic damage, so this simple neoprene cover works for me. It has 3 slots to tote some extra cards with you. And I think there's a holder for an extra stylus. Can't remember because I never use that.

Dirty on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Hopefully the thread will live long enough for someone to answer - do screen protectors stop the issue with the screens touching enough? I know that I see the lines on either side on my protectors - should that be enough to protect against any permanent damage?

And so long thread - I don't play many major releases on the big consoles on launch so I guess it's probably so long G&T as well.

Protectors will prevent any permanent damage but you'll still get smudges. I recommend buying some little rubber nubs and sticking them on the corners of the top screen.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

Protectors will prevent any permanent damage but you'll still get smudges. I recommend buying some little rubber nubs and sticking them on the corners of the top screen.

I did the nubs for a while on my original 3DS, but I'd rather just replace a screen protector every 6-9 months than have the system not close fully.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

I did the nubs for a while on my original 3DS, but I'd rather just replace a screen protector every 6-9 months than have the system not close fully.

I let my 7 year old play my the 3ds - I'm lucky if I only replace my protectors every 6-9 months! As good as he is with the systems (we have a Lite, DSi, 3DS) I could start buying protectors and extra styluses (stylii?) in bulk we go through them so quickly.

I wish we had more time because I'd love to know what you folks are using for toting the system and games around...care to share in our farewell to community?

• Options
    nds_lite_case_silver_big_1.jpg

This is what I use. I got it from Club Nintendo for 400 coins. Holds the 3DS quite snug and has an internal flap that allows for two extra games. Highly recommended!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The new eShop thread

Here's a new thread I've started that focuses only on eShop games and discussions. I'd recommend bookmarking it now (the orange ribbon in the upper right corner) and join in the fun! I'll also add links to other popular games to help keep everyone connected a little better. Let's all enjoy our last few posts here before riding off into the sunset. It's been fun!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular

I have a protector on my bottom screen only, and ever since I applied it, I've stopped getting the screen-touch smudge. I have no idea why, as the protector sits below the bottom screen ridge, but I'm pleased as punch about it.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

I let my 7 year old play my the 3ds - I'm lucky if I only replace my protectors every 6-9 months! As good as he is with the systems (we have a Lite, DSi, 3DS) I could start buying protectors and extra styluses (stylii?) in bulk we go through them so quickly.

I wish we had more time because I'd love to know what you folks are using for toting the system and games around...care to share in our farewell to community?

I carry mine around either naked, attached to my Power Grip, or in my red Club Nintendo bag.

I put best skins ever on my 3DS bottom and top screen. The bottom is on my DS Lite and doesn't show a single scratch. It's fantastic. I played EBA and Ouenden on that thing too. So it should provide quite a long term protection for my 3DS touch screen.

The top is a bit annoying because it actually makes the smudging worse. The protector is slightly indented on the bottom right side of the screen where it contacts the bottom screen bezel the most. I slightly distorts the 3D effect but only if I'm looking right at it. Otherwise my eyes have zoned it out if I'm looking towards the center of the screen. The plus side is I know the screen underneath is pristine. So if I want to I can remove it and put a new one on in the future and it'll look perfect again. So I put up with it because I know it's protecting the actual screen, and I hardly notice it anymore.

The protectors are still less prone to smudges than the original screens, and I love them.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I use the Red suede pouch from Club Nintendo.

nds_pouch_red_big_1.jpg

It's the thinnest case I can get my hands on, as I used a Executive Case prior, and while it was a nice case, it was a bit too bulky for everyday use. The pouch protects the system from scratches (But it's getting scratched from normal usage anyway.) but still allows me to carry it around in my pocket all day.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

I use the Red suede pouch from Club Nintendo.

nds_pouch_red_big_1.jpg

It's the thinnest case I can get my hands on, as I used a Executive Case prior, and while it was a nice case, it was a bit too bulky for everyday use. The pouch protects the system from scratches (But it's getting scratched from normal usage anyway.) but still allows me to carry it around in my pocket all day.

That pouch is godly.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Hm? How did that pop up? I played my 3DS a little during my lunch break and didn't get anything.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Check your street/spot pass notifications, then go to puzzle swap.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Check your street/spot pass notifications, then go to puzzle swap.

I did... then again I connected to the local wifi after I did the street/spotpass stuff.

Maybe that's my problem. I'll give it another whirl tomorrow.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I also use the Club Nintendo pouch, except I have a blue one.

• Options
    I use the blue one right now. I got the red one for my daughter as a gift for her ds lite. She loves it.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I didn't get the puzzle piece either, but I accidentally left it on DS (Phoenix Wright) mode overnight, so I will have to see when I get home if I get it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So my sister, brother-in-law, girlfriend and I went out to eat Saturday night at "The Melting Pot" and I looked across the room to see a kid playing on his 3DS (Probably around 12-14).

Curses! I thought, of all the times to not have my 3DS on me. Oh the missed streetpass. :(

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
This discussion has been closed.