As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Indie Royale - Bundles of great indie games for dirt cheap prices

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Ok, I've paid, and I've even loaded up the page with my keys.

Now if it'd only give them to me. :P

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yep, keep getting error allocating my keys.

This is like step by step frustration.

Step 1) Site won't load
    Step 2) Cart won't load
    Step 3) Key page won't load
    Step 4) Key page won't generate keys

I fully expect the keys to not work once it does generate them.

My keys worked fine, once the page managed to cough them up and spit them out.

I like the idea behind this bundle, but if they can't provide a solid infrastructure for the initial rush, the people who don't manage to get in are kinda getting the short end of the stick maybe just a little bit.

I paid what I intended to pay, personally, which was still over the base price. So it didn't affect me, beyond a little hassle and time wasted. But it's the kind of thing that will cause the sperg crusaders to saddle up and sally forth.

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    My keys worked fine, once the page managed to cough them up and spit them out.

I like the idea behind this bundle, but if they can't provide a solid infrastructure for the initial rush, the people who don't manage to get in are kinda getting the short end of the stick maybe just a little bit.

I paid what I intended to pay, personally, which was still over the base price. So it didn't affect me, beyond a little hassle and time wasted. But it's the kind of thing that will cause the sperg crusaders to saddle up and sally forth.

Pretty much what I think. The idea that it goes up over time is a good idea, when you can buy it soon. HIB has way better infrastructure, obviously.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I... didn't even notice anything wrong with the site. Loaded up all snappy like, everything went smooth. Got all my keys first click. So hey.

Also paid over the minimum, but definitely didn't go the 10$ route.

steam_sig.png
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Liking NightSky.

Scoregasm plays like shit for me. Hopefully it was a one time hiccup because I can see it being decent fun.

camo_sig2.png
    Yeah, like I said, NightSky is a fantastic game that doesn't get anywhere near as much love as it should. Pretty much goes for Saira too.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Man, Scoregasm is good. I like that. Worth the whole bundle.

steam_sig.png
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The IndieRoyale site seems to be working well now.

edit: Scoregasm steam codes are a little finnicky right now, but I got mine after clicking the button a few times. But everything else seems to be running smooth. Current price is $2.79

slash000 on
    Man, Scoregasm is good. I like that. Worth the whole bundle.

The few minutes I have spent with it were minutes full of happy feelings. I'd probably still be blissfully blasting away, but I have stupid errands to run. Errands that have nothing to do with joyfully blissful cries.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Maybe once I get to work, I'll try buying again via my phone. I assume I can go back and get my keys later tonight.

Really looking forward to Nightsky. I've been itching for some puzzle-platforming action to break up my SpaceChem play and since neither Limbo nor Saira have hit significant sales yet, I've been just waiting.

Also, just saw that there's gonna be a fourth bundle after Alpha, the Xmas Bundle.

That's good, I thought it was just an experiment to see how the bundle system would work regularly.

Maybe once I get to work, I'll try buying again via my phone. I assume I can go back and get my keys later tonight.

Really looking forward to Nightsky. I've been itching for some puzzle-platforming action to break up my SpaceChem play and since neither Limbo nor Saira have hit significant sales yet, I've been just waiting.

Limbo was 25% off on Steam a few weeks ago. It's not so steep a discount as these "indie bundles" we're seeing or what not, but the game is only $9.99. Meh.

Anyway...

Who else still hasn't played through all the IndieRoyale Launch Bundle yet but jumped on this immediately anyway? *raises hand*

• RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote:
    Also, just saw that there's gonna be a fourth bundle after Alpha, the Xmas Bundle.

That's good, I thought it was just an experiment to see how the bundle system would work regularly.

They mentioned pretty early that it is something they are going to do every 2 weeks. It could end at some point, but I think it is a neat alternative to typical sales. Then you still have the Humble Bundles, which seem to happen a fair bit more often than when they started. I think both are pretty cool.

slash000 wrote:
    Who else still hasn't played through all the IndieRoyale Launch Bundle yet but jumped on this immediately anyway? *raises hand*

I couldn't get it fast enough. I only had one game in this bundle as well, so it was well worth it.

As for finishing before purchasing? It is to laugh.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    IR guys just tweeted: Hey, remember last bundle when we added a ton of extras throughout? Maybe we'll be doing that again this time around...

Hoping that means something more than just Fate of the World DLC, but I'd bet on it.

I think my problems with Scoregasm might have to do with my 360 pad? Dunno why, but I switched from using gamepad to KB+M controls and it..works now. weird, but whatever.

camo_sig2.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    IR guys just tweeted: Hey, remember last bundle when we added a ton of extras throughout? Maybe we'll be doing that again this time around...

Hoping that means something more than just Fate of the World DLC, but I'd bet on it.

It's kind of funny because Tipping Point includes all of the DLC from the get-go.

But yeah, I don't really see what else they could add. Oh well, I still only have the Denial DLC from the Summer event.

And I don't know if I'll be buying Tipping Point any time soon.

I've got a key for Ben There, Dan That and Time, Gentleman Please and Fate of the World, if anyone wants them.

Just started playing Nightsky. It's a very interesting game, love the music, and it's a great take on the platformer.

Scoregasm is juvenile, but good fun, and quite funny.

So even though we have all the DLC for Fate of the World, is tipping point still different?

camo_sig2.png
    Nightsky is alot of fun, though the teeny tiny window it uses is odd - and the way it literally shuts down to open the options menu annoys the heck out of me.

The music and art are great though and some of the puzzles are actually challenging - particularly on Alternate Mode (I've been running two save files concurrently).

It could use some more explaining though. For example, when I look back on levels within a world that I've completed, some have a little star in the corner and others don't. I have no idea why and the game hasn't bothered to tell me.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I thought tipping point was just the game bundled with the dlc. is that not correct?

Nightsky is alot of fun, though the teeny tiny window it uses is odd - and the way it literally shuts down to open the options menu annoys the heck out of me.

The music and art are great though and some of the puzzles are actually challenging - particularly on Alternate Mode (I've been running two save files concurrently).

It could use some more explaining though. For example, when I look back on levels within a world that I've completed, some have a little star in the corner and others don't. I have no idea why and the game hasn't bothered to tell me.

The stars represent secrets. Some areas have hidden paths that you can take. As far as the window thing and the interface oddities go, that's just sort of a Nifflas thing.

Just the weirdest damn thing that two super basic games are giving me such performance troubles.

Scoregasm, when played with kb+m, is at 60fps solid. Not even the craziest stages cause it to dip. However when I play it with my 360 controller, it starts at 60, drops to 15, then stutters.
    Ben There, Dan That has this weird type of lag where my mouse movement isn't smooth. Still playable, but really annoying when you have to click on small things like the fuse in the first scene.

camo_sig2.png
    Are you using a wired 360 controller or wireless?

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Just the weirdest damn thing that two super basic games are giving me such performance troubles.

Scoregasm, when played with kb+m, is at 60fps solid. Not even the craziest stages cause it to dip. However when I play it with my 360 controller, it starts at 60, drops to 15, then stutters.
    Ben There, Dan That has this weird type of lag where my mouse movement isn't smooth. Still playable, but really annoying when you have to click on small things like the fuse in the first scene.

My experience was that Ben There, Dan That performed like crap unless I fullscreened it.

Wired controller. And I figured if I fullscreened it that the problem would go away. I just hate playing stuff full screen.

camo_sig2.png
    I thought tipping point was just the game bundled with the dlc. is that not correct?

Unfortunately it is not correct, amongst the mentioned rebalancing, it includes
    Redesigned telemetry and UI including new Tech Tree interface
    More Cards, Impacts, and Achievements

Which really makes it seem like kind of a dick move to the people who already owned the game, that they'd release a new game for what really should have been patches or DLC at best.

• SvKSvK Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Can I buy more than one bundle at a time, or do I have to make a suspicious number of small transactions?
    With all the giving on these forums, I expect online stores to support buying a bunch of something to give away. I suppose it's not as common in the rest of the Internet.

Also, can I give the bundle without knowing my recipient's e-mail address? On Steam I can send the game to myself, get a link in an e-mail, and send that to my recipient.

SvK on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    yes, you can buy it as a gift to yourself, then just forward the email (or just the bundle link) to the recipient

no way to buy multiple gifts in one transaction, though, that i'm aware of

Dehumanized on
    edited November 2011
    You could also just save the various keys if you wanted to gift them out piecemeal I suppose.

And no, I don't think the Classiness of these forums extend to the rest of the Internet. When I first explained to my girlfriend how I was building up a bank of games to gift to, essentially, strangers during the holidays, she was very confused. The idea was quite alien.

Then Iolo gifted me Borderlands and with all the hours I put into that game, I think Classiness may be a dirty word now ;-)

APODionysus on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Couple new games added. Non-steam (they have Desura keys though). They're both shmups like Scoregasm though, so can't exactly get extra excited, but hey, free extras.

Oh awesome. Bullet Candy, I loved that when it first came out.

The other Shmup looks pretty cool too. Shame they're not Steam games, but, still, free games.

I love shmups. And I installed Desura about a week ago, because hey indie games and all. This is cool stuff.

Off to the key page.

I'm surprised this bundle has done as well as it has, really.

No real big names to push it, and Fate of the World is a really really extra niche title.

Yeah. I'm not sure I'm feeling Fate of the World. I'll need to spend more time with it to determine if it's a hit with me or not. I love Scoregasm though, it's a really nice piece of arcade action and I've been a fan of NightSky for a while now. Ben There, Dan That has its appeal too so I feel like I came out alright on this bundle but it's not the heavy hitter that they opened up with for sure.

So, Indie Royale said that Tipping Point is just Fate of the World + DLC on facebook. On Twitter they said that the Desura and direct download versions are the Tipping Point version. So I think us steam users got Tipping point, just broken apart.

camo_sig2.png
  • PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Gone done and picked it up for £7.
    Dropping the price by £0.01 like a real man.

IcdplGM.png
    Well the latest bundle just ended, with 30,205 bundles sold at what looks like about an average of $4.

Not bad at all! Despite mostly very niche games and without a real big hitter, I'd say it did pretty damn well.

Next up is the "Really Big Bundle." Being served in about 9 days!