As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Does anyone love beer as much as I do?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I do not drink alcohol and never plan to.

I honestly do not understand the appeal.

I weep a thousand worlds for you.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm such a lightweight and I wish I wasn't because I like to drink beer for the flavor and not getting drunk

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Victory Brewing Company is my favorite

I want to get Golden Monkey on tap again.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Keith wrote:

Golden Monkey will fuck you up

But it's so good

• Options
    DavethedemonDavethedemon Lead Writer/Co-Founder The CompanyRegistered User regular
    I've been feeling a lot of genuine rage at big american beer lately. As a hobby brewer, I am constantly seeing small craft breweries trying to compete with the established big three (Miller, Coors and Busch) and getting pushed out of the market because they can't keep up in the advertising department. So i'm curious.

What beer have you been drinking? Who brewed it? Does it matter to you?

For myself, lots of Ninkasi, Rogue and Dogfish head, particularly Ninkasi's Believer double red. Very tasty.

Er, the craft beer market is better now than it's been in decades, particularly for breweries like Rogue and Dogfish Head.

Yea but craft beer is still only 5% of the nations beer market. perhaps it was unfair to say they're being pushed out, but they could certainly grow easier if they didn't have such unfair opposition from their larger competitors.

310532_256350591078089_253898384656643_689313_1725597477_n.jpg
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

It can be quite tasty

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    also I like whiskey sours which apparently makes me a great big girly man

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    This is probably my favorite beer to drink:

full-sail-session1.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:

It can be quite tasty
    Girl drink drunk.

• Options
    I started to watch Beer Wars and it's crazy the shit that the Big Three do

I had to go out and never finished it, though

• Options
    Uriel wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

It can be quite tasty

Girl drink drunk.

Quick! Someone alert a Duck!

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote:

It can be quite tasty
    Girl drink drunk.

White girl wasted

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Spotted Cow beer from New Glarus.

Next thread

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Hoegaarden White
    Peroni Nastro Azzurro
    Sam Adams Summer Ale
    Yuengling Lager
    Victory Lager
    Stella Artois

These are a few of my favorite things.

EDIT: @CorporateLogo - Mad Elf is already on sale around here. Helps living 5 minutes from their brewery. I will taunt you with empty six packs

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Shiner Bock and Anchor Steam are my go-to purchases

but I rarely can drink more than one a night

just don't have the stomach for too much beer

I like White Rascal but I can never find it in stores

Jasconius on
  • Options
    DavethedemonDavethedemon Lead Writer/Co-Founder The CompanyRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

But it's so good

Definitely going to have to get my hands on some of that.

the best beer I've tried lately was around the same ABV. it was a Japanese Green tea IPA with 9.2%. real damn tasty too. hop-y and tea-y

310532_256350591078089_253898384656643_689313_1725597477_n.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    The few beers I've ever had all tasted awfully similar. What's something that tastes good?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    If I was foolish enough to drop 100 bucks on beer in one purchase it would be on a case of Chimay or Duvel

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote:
    Spotted Cow beer from New Glarus.

Next thread

Oh blegh. Blegh blrgh blegh.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I've been feeling a lot of genuine rage at big american beer lately. As a hobby brewer, I am constantly seeing small craft breweries trying to compete with the established big three (Miller, Coors and Busch) and getting pushed out of the market because they can't keep up in the advertising department. So i'm curious.

For myself, lots of Ninkasi, Rogue and Dogfish head, particularly Ninkasi's Believer double red. Very tasty.

Er, the craft beer market is better now than it's been in decades, particularly for breweries like Rogue and Dogfish Head.

Yea but craft beer is still only 5% of the nations beer market. perhaps it was unfair to say they're being pushed out, but they could certainly grow easier if they didn't have such unfair opposition from their larger competitors.

Are you talking about independent breweries in general?

Because where I come from, they're crazy successful.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote:
    The few beers I've ever had all tasted awfully similar. What's something that tastes good?

Blue Moon? Alaskan Amber? Session?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I try not to drink very often, because I come from a family of alcoholics and I don't really want to get into the habit of drinking all the time

but it is nice to get a little drunk occasionally

• Options
    Berk wrote:

Wee Heavy?

It's... heavy on the "wee"?

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote:
    Shiner Bock and Anchor Steam are my go-to purchases

but I rarely can drink more than one a night

just don't have the stomach for too much beer

I like White Rascal but I can never find it in stores
    I love me some Shiner Bock.

• Options

but you still drink PBR

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Tam wrote:
    also I like whiskey sours which apparently makes me a great big girly man

Pfft. Letting people tell you that you should not be drinking the drink you have because it is girly is silly.

Drink what you want to drink.

In general, any drink that tastes good is a "girly" drink

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    but you still drink PBR

I'm trying to think of something worse than gorilla farts, because that's how bad PBR is. I've had exactly half a can ever and it was hard to get down.

• Options
    My family is super alcoholic too.

Otherwise I'd go to the store every so often and pick up some beers to try.

But I'm content getting drunk off a shot or two of whiskey every two months.

• Options
    I used to drink these a lot in college because of how ridiculously cheap they were:

OldeEnglish.jpg

I'll probably have a couple this weekend when I travel back to my college town...

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

But it's so good

Definitely going to have to get my hands on some of that.

the best beer I've tried lately was around the same ABV. it was a Japanese Green tea IPA with 9.2%. real damn tasty too. hop-y and tea-y

It's pretty light. The first time I had it, my friends "forgot" to tell me the ABV on it so I drank like 4 or 5 in an hour

it's a good thing we were in the backyard because I threw up everywhere

• Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote:
    Berk wrote:

Wee Heavy?

It's... heavy on the "wee"?

"Scotch Ales are strong ales, also known as "Wee Heavy." In the 19th century Scotland, they'd also be known as 160/-, a nomenclature based on the now obsolete shilling currency.

Scotch Ales traditionally go through a long boil in the kettle for a caramelization of the wort. This produces a deep copper to brown in colored brew. Compared to Scottish Ales, they'll be sweeter and fuller-bodied, and of course higher in alcohol, with a much more pronounced malty caramel and roasted malt flavor. A low tea-like bitterness can be found in many examples. Best served in a "thistle" glass."

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I've also never drank enough to be drunk.

So I guess I never actually drink for that particular purpose.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I had a newer batch of this a few weeks back and it was an even higher ABV, like 16.8% or something. The shit tasted like rubbing alcohol and I couldn't finish it but it sure got me pretty buzzed.

Normally I drink pale ales and India pale ales but I'll try anything and also happen to like lambics, wheat beers, and bocks. I'm not such a huge fan of porters and stouts but there are some I enjoy.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Keith wrote:

but you still drink PBR

Rainier, mostly.

I didn't say their success was because of me.

• Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    Before craft and micro brew beers I didn't really like beer at all. Now I'm growing an appreciation for it. I love me some Arrogant Bastard. Some Odin beers are pretty dang good. Maritime Pacific's Nightwatch is dark and creamy without too much hop. I also enjoy some higher alcohol content Belgium beers. I think Gulden Draak is damn delicious and at something like 11% it lasts a bit longer than a normal pint.

XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    My family has got its alcoholics, too

I'm pretty good with drinking, though. I'll go a couple of weeks/months without drinking anything. Then I'll go like two weeks with having a beer or two every night

For the most part I just get tired quickly and stop drinking

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Did someone say beer?

Adnams Broadside. End of discussion.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

Unfair opposition? How do you figure?

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    The last time I had a huge amount to drink I broke into a Dominoes Pizza.

I regret nothing.