As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: Fizz patch has very few balance changes. Oh and new masteries.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I think the biggest thing I got out of this conversation is that I'm glad I got Irelia and not MF when I hit 6300 ip

now I just need to figure out how to build Irelia so I don't wilt under the briefest pressure

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i've been doing the early wit's end thing on her lately

i like it

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    @arivia atmogs or fatmas? grab negatron to build into either FoN or BV. grab tri-force or just sheen. early philo and HoG might be good too, can be upgraded or sold after laning.

i'm just throwing out whatever other tanky types do though. spirit visage is effective if you're against another bruiser going toe-to-toe.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    I think the biggest thing I got out of this conversation is that I'm glad I got Irelia and not MF when I hit 6300 ip

now I just need to figure out how to build Irelia so I don't wilt under the briefest pressure

Don't forget that the constant buffing and nerfing changes the dynamics of the game. You never know who is going to be OP next week, and who is going to fall completely out of the picture.

Gotta catch 'em all!

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Feldorn wrote:
    @arivia atmogs or fatmas? grab negatron to build into either FoN or BV. grab tri-force or just sheen. early philo and HoG might be good too, can be upgraded or sold after laning.

i'm just throwing out whatever other tanky types do though. spirit visage is effective if you're against another bruiser going toe-to-toe.

yeah, that was the thing, is that I never really felt tanky on her (going doran's something>phage>sheen>triforce>something else I forget.) Ping-ponging up and down on health with equilibrium strike and her ult was a lot of fun, but it was off still.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Sampsen wrote:
    Arivia wrote:

Don't forget that the constant buffing and nerfing changes the dynamics of the game. You never know who is going to be OP next week, and who is going to fall completely out of the picture.

Gotta catch 'em all!

it helps that I only have to catch all the girl champs

cuts down significantly!

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    You know it's been a pretty great win when at the end of the game your team is all level 18 and 3 members of theirs are level 13.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    1800 IS MINE

I'm jelly. I've hit 1795~ three times now only to lose a few games in a row after.

it's so heartbreaking

i was 1794 at first then i dropped to 1720 from bad games

then it's tooth and nail all the way up

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I've come to a conclusion.

Foreigners hate surrendering.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    @arivia don't rush tri on anyone, if you are farming well and can grab like, boots 1 and sheen, do it, otherwise, get sheen for the extra burst and work on mid game tankyness. then finish tri once you have some more survivability items. or, some games, you might not build tri-force, and instead get atmas and mass health.
    Quid wrote:

better red that surrendered.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Mass health on Irelia?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote:
    Mass health on Irelia?

if you're having more trouble with burst casters than AD, it is an option. i get that it doesn't work well with equilibrium strike. it's just an option.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Reignman wrote:
    Arivia wrote:
    I keep running into twitch at level 14-15

like, where the fuck did that trend come from
    People watch the pros...Reginald and SV were trolling around with double roaming comps the other day....Blitz/Alistar, then Twitch/Eve (they almost lost that one despite getting the first 6 kills of the game together)

I love how Twitch and Eve are the worst things that can possibly happen to you pre-30 and once you get to that level nobody uses them anymore ^^

That, and pre-30 and also post-30 just about anything can work if you have good enough mechanics. I know I repeat this way too often for my own good, but tactics and newbie help in LoL tend to put WAY TOO MUCH EMPHASIS on item builds and team compositions and viability and counters, and not enough on actual mechanics and game objectives. tl;dr for something I won't bother to write, you can play anything built any crazy way you want, if you're better than the enemy you're going to win.

This goes double with champions commonly known as "bad". Remember my comments about Xin/Kat/MF? You have good timing, you will dominate with Xin and Kat. You can last hit like a champion, you will be superstar with Miss Fortune. Even Twitch can be made useful with a good player behind him - I'm like the sole advocate of the rat on this fucking forum, because every single other carry being better than him doesn't change that he can be fucking sicknasty in wrong hands. You don't even need to roam with him.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Reignman wrote:
    miss fortune isn't entirely terrible

she's just weak by virtue of not being cait, vayne, or kog

She's one of my mains, but I have to admit, she's pretty low tier as far as AD carries go.

Vayne has better CC and is more dangerous
    Kog has insane range and owns in teamfights
    Cait does more damage, has better CC, an escape and longer range
    Graves is , quite honestly, what MF should have been in terms of skills
    Ez has a free flash and global ult, not to mention he can build ap or ad
    Ashe has better CC, a free cv and the B.F. Arrow
    Tristana's passive is way better and has an escape/chasing skill
    Twitch can roam and troll like a boss
    Corki has more utility and after his buffs, I think he does more damage as well
    Teemo has the shrooms of infinite trolling potential

right now I'd say she's only better than Sivir....and even Sivir has something she does better than MF (pushing turrets a la Yi)

MF just needs her ult reworked to become viable, viable means she has an niche.

Right now its just a terrible ultimate only good for wiping out creep waves for that extra cs.

I suspect after the flash rework we will see more tristana, corki, and ez due to their repositions (we already see cait a lot, so that wont change).

Sivir also has a free cc block, and blocking cc's is definatly powerful. Sivir also does the most damage in fights out of any of the carries. I actually suspect she is a strong pick in the current tankless meta, but people are too afraid to pick her because she is 'too nerfed'.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Arch wrote:
    Awwwww Fizz is so adorable

The second thing I thought when I saw the preview, after "Sounds nifty", was "Arch is going to be all over this guy".

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Fuck anyone kid who decides to go AFK for dinner.

Little fucking chuckle fuck.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote:
    Sivir also has a free cc block, and blocking cc's is definatly powerful. Sivir also does the most damage in fights out of any of the carries. I actually suspect she is a strong pick in the current tankless meta, but people are too afraid to pick her because she is 'too nerfed'.

sivir loses eurolane and has to be a counterpick to an AP mid is the first problem

the second problem is short range makes it that much easier for the proliferation of gap closer bruisers to dive her

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Kay wrote:
    Neaden wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    I like Eleisa's on solo-top Nasus a lot, 'cause Ninja Tabi + Nimbleness gives him the ability to ignore a bunch of minion aggro, as well as run/chase ranged auto-attackers when he dodges with the movespeed buff.

But it's not always the best choice. If I was against someone like Rumble solo-top, I'd get Shurelya's and Merc Treads, for example.

Edit: Your thread's already got a downvote? Ugh.
    I like Shurelya's pretty much always on Nasus better for the CDR. My build with him right now is usually philo, boots 1 then straight to 40% CDR buying tank stuff as needed to survive.

Frooooozen Heart is pretty much always in my Nasus build.

My Nasus build is probably bad.

na

I at least always pick up Glacial Shroud to get them cedars
    The thing with Nasus is that early game building tanky is a means to an end, that end is farming the fuck out of everything. What you want is 40% CDR and some mana regen so you can Q spam all the time. What you need is to be tanky enough that you can do that without the guy you are laning in muderizing your face. I've been going with CDR Blues and the 6% or whatevs mastery for my base CDR, then building spirit visage and Shurelya's to get my cooldown splicing in tanky items as needed. What is important to remember is that Trinity Force is a nice item for team fights, but you should not need it for farming. Don't rush it, and don't rush sheen put that money into cdr and tankieness, farm everything, and then buy it.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Sixth loss in a row woooooo.

Our team of 30/26/24/20/20 keeps getting matched against teams with multiple level 30s with 500+ wins. It is very HARD to win games against people with that much more experience than your team. (Mind, their 900 win Riven player was pretty bad.)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dac Vin wrote:
    That, and pre-30 and also post-30 just about anything can work if you have good enough mechanics. I know I repeat this way too often for my own good, but tactics and newbie help in LoL tend to put WAY TOO MUCH EMPHASIS on item builds and team compositions and viability and counters, and not enough on actual mechanics and game objectives. tl;dr for something I won't bother to write, you can play anything built any crazy way you want, if you're better than the enemy you're going to win.

Mid 20s solo queue so whatever, but a couple games ago had a team comp of Sona, Janna, Shen, Sivir, and Lanewick (no jungle). I'm trying to practice support as Sona, and Janna and WW don't say anything or lock in until the last instant... enemy jungler Lee Sin gets the first 3 kills, we're down 3-7 then 7-12ish... then we win a teamfight, kill baron, and win. Bwah?

PlushyCthulhu on
    Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
  • Options
    i like a semi-early sheen on nasus, but triforce is the last item i ever complete with him

too much other stuff to buy first!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Talith wrote:
    Triple threat value pack offering 3 of the weakest champions from their respective roles!

I'm pretty sure xin can beat out uh... mundo?

they flat out said they are not changing MFs strut animation back. I think they really want to send a message.

Jars on
  • Options
    i like a semi-early sheen on nasus, but triforce is the last item i ever complete with him

^^^

it should be like this on anyone who only builds tri for damage.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Quid wrote:

Bad players don't surrender. Why should they? They're just going to be bad the next game too.

• Options
    Jars wrote:
    Talith wrote:
    Triple threat value pack offering 3 of the weakest champions from their respective roles!

I'm pretty sure xin can beat out uh... mundo?

they flat out said they are not changing MFs strut animation back. I think they really want to send a message.

that message being "you're all a bunch of whiny babies and need to shut up"?

• Options
    ReignmanReignman Registered User regular
    Team instalocks Mundo, Yi and Eve, fourth guy picks Sivir....I'm quite sure I was being trolled, especially when they all demand different things from my pick..."we need tank", "play support", "pick a jungler", "we need AP"

Fuck it, I'm playing Jungle Janna

And I'm building her tanky

• Options
    fair enough

I'll start working tanky stuff into my Irelia build, then

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Fuck surrendering. People that have every right to win a game do absolutely retarded game losing mistakes.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    god

i want pulsefire ez already

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote:

^^^

it should be like this on anyone who only builds tri for damage.
    Sheen just doesn't give nasus anything early game. You should be able to lasthit everytime cooldown is up and you have mana without it, and you shouldn't be trading blows with the other champ because that means you are not farming your Q. The mana and AP don't really do anything for you either. I say get a sheen when teamfights start, but it won't help during laning.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Art Spotlight for Fizz.

Most Adorable thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwGBmX7gZw&feature=player_embedded#!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Talith wrote:
    Fuck surrendering. People that have every right to win a game do absolutely retarded game losing mistakes.

One of the guys I play with regular surrenders as soon as the second tower covering the nexus goes down, annoys me to no end.
    It's like, just wait the 5 seconds it takes for them to confirm the kill. I don't see the point in Surrendering when the game is over anyway.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    ReignmanReignman Registered User regular
    I don't care for "cute" champions

But look at that shark. Looks like it could devour a Cottontail Teemo without leaving a trace

That's all I need, I'm buying it. Even if the little one comes with an Aquaman skin or something.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    First try at beating your Brolaf game. Not there, but damn that was fun. And it's so much easier to do this in pub games vs premade 5s
    Olaf2.png

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    You! EAT FISH!
    *giant shark*
    ... Yeah, I think I'll be getting this one.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    seeing corki and ezreal picked when as kassadin is like opening a christmas present as a little kid

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    yeah that's not a fuckin yordle

• Options
    Feldorn wrote:
    @arivia don't rush tri on anyone, if you are farming well and can grab like, boots 1 and sheen, do it, otherwise, get sheen for the extra burst and work on mid game tankyness. then finish tri once you have some more survivability items. or, some games, you might not build tri-force, and instead get atmas and mass health.
    Quid wrote:

better red that surrendered.

Okay, follow-up question - what's the sort of tanky items I should be building after Sheen? MRes/Armor as appropriate/depending on lane?

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    That and I forget if we concurred on tenacity boots or ninja tabi for tanks a few pages back

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.