As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Please post in new thread.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    26 hours to go, unless some sort of Australian proxy works. I could totaly pretend to be Australian for a few hours if it gets me earlier Skyrim.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote:
    Actually more excited about Giant Bomb's pre-Skyrim Elder Scrolls marathon with Dave and Ryan than I am Kasavin's run, mostly because I want to go into Skyrim completely fresh. I just hope there's an archive of the pre-Skyrim marathon, because I can't stay up until 3 AM just to watch the beginning of it, let alone the whole five hours.

I wasn't aware there were two marathons. What time is the Dave/Ryan one?

Midnight PST

Wait, is that tonight? And will it be available to everyone or only premium users?

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Just a word of warning, there's a good chance that VPN shenanigans might not be strictly in accordance with the EULA.

Particularly, being in Australia one minute and popping up in the US an hour later might set off some automatic alarms.

Good luck to you intrepid souls who want to try it, but it seems risky to me.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Are they really going against the natural order of things and unlocking in ɐılɐɹʇsnɐ first?

Drop Bears aren't even really people.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Scosglen wrote:
    Just a word of warning, there's a good chance that VPN shenanigans might not be strictly in accordance with the EULA.

Particularly, being in Australia one minute and popping up in the US an hour later might set off some automatic alarms.

Good luck to you intrepid souls who want to try it, but it seems risky to me.

There's nothing in the EULA about it.

Also I, and tons of other people, have done it before. Most recent large scale example is everyone using a Korean VPN to unlock Battlefield 3 early. It's also done with Steam, but generally releases are not regional.

Now, if you used a VPN to try to get a game for a different price, that would be illegal.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    The Newell demands patience and I shall give it.

Also, pre-load done at last. I can already smell the brimstone and mead.

488W936.png
  • Options
    spitfirekspitfirek Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote:
    Mahnmut wrote:
    Oblivion mods are the best. I cant wait for skyrim.

http://youtu.be/2fxVeAVl2I8

I don't know what this is but I love it.

Seconding this sentiment.

this is brilliant.

If you think that is good, check out the Halloween link in the video's description... epic!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    spitfirek wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Mahnmut wrote:

this is brilliant.

If you think that is good, check out the Halloween link in the video's description... epic!

It's in Korean?

488W936.png
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    So that car payment and food thing. I went with fuck it and bought Skyrim.

• Options
    Food is, at best, a transient experience.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    spitfirek wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Mahnmut wrote:

this is brilliant.

Here's the direct link.
    I peed a little.
    Only a little? I almost shat myself the first time I read it. Real question is, did you read the whole thing or give up?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    goddammit. I figured that medical warning was just being facetious, but that was pretty surprising. I hate jump scares.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    That was pretty awesome! Everyone should check it out!

I screamed out loud in absolute horror, and had the whole house come running to see if I was okay.

Dashui on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    spitfirek wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    spitfirek wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Mahnmut wrote:

this is brilliant.

Here's the direct link.
    I peed a little.
    Only a little? I almost shat myself the first time I read it. Real question is, did you read the whole thing or give up?
    I had to hit mute before continuing.
    There's sound? I thought it was just a flash comic or something

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    XX55XX wrote:
    Did anyone else pre-order from Newegg for $48? It might take until Monday for UPS to show up, but it's good to save $12... Not in a hurry to play at all, let me tell you!

I did here, need to check if it's shipped or not but yeah, I can wait till Monday.

I'll keep...
    i-JxHdjGM.jpg

Karoz on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    So what time does Skyrim unlock in Australia?

I'm actually thinking of trying to unlock it early.

I've already bought the damn thing, Steam apparently doesn't give two shits if you unlock a game early (Word is if you use region altering to buy a game it's a ban though, on account of regional prices being different.), and street release dates are an archaic and stupid thing for electronic releases. If I wait, I won't be able to play this thing for a good five days given the US release date.

Though I have to say that I have no idea how you'd approach handling the issue with Steam. I'm assuming a proxy or VPN or something would be needed, and that they'd have something built in to say the equivalent of "Hey, what the fuck? You traveled half the world in a few hours!".

Archonex on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    What? It's a page in a language I cannot understand, and Google refuses to translate anything helpful.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    spitfirek wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    spitfirek wrote:
    MechMantis wrote:
    Mahnmut wrote:

this is brilliant.

Here's the direct link.
    I peed a little.
    I had to hit mute before continuing.
    There's sound? I thought it was just a flash comic or something

I muted out of precaution. From what I'm reading, I'm glad I did.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    spitfirek wrote:
    Krathoon wrote:
    My Amazon order better ship tomorrow, dammit!

Launch day delivery just means you will get it sometime on the 11th... maybe :twisted:

I really hope this comes from a nearby warehouse or something.

• Options
    Arthil wrote:
    What? It's a page in a language I cannot understand, and Google refuses to translate anything helpful.

Scroll down to read the comic, its in English.

Only the brave can make it to the end w/o screaming.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think my
    sudden movement and noise alarmo-meter has been broken by driving on the local iceway. I just kinda looked at it and thought "That isn't a rock or a car"

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Basil wrote:
    Food is, at best, a transient experience.

"When I get a little money, I buy games, and if I have any left, I buy food."

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Does anyone have an actual timer ready to go so that we can officially document how long it takes for the first nude mod to come out?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Archonex wrote:

I'm actually thinking of trying to unlock it early. I won't be able to play this thing for a good five days given the US release date.

Though I have to say that I have no idea how you'd approach handling the issue with Steam. I'm assuming a proxy or VPN or something would be needed, and that they'd have something built in to say the equivalent of "Hey, what the fuck? You traveled half the world in a few hours!".

Australia unlocks at midnight on the 11th, and that's, I believe, 7am CST. Also, they don't have something like that, using a VPN is not against any agreement. It's used a lot when regional unlocks happen, as I explained earlier in the thread.

confirmation for regional unlocks (one set time for US, one for Australia, etc)

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote:

I screamed out loud in absolute horror, and had the whole house come running to see if I was okay.
    I hardly twitched. But I've had some whiskey.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Frei wrote:
    Archonex wrote:

I'm actually thinking of trying to unlock it early. I won't be able to play this thing for a good five days given the US release date.

Australia unlocks at midnight on the 11th, and that's, I believe, 7am CST. Also, they don't have something like that, using a VPN is not against any agreement. It's used a lot when regional unlocks happen, as I explained earlier in the thread.

confirmation for regional unlocks (one set time for US, one for Australia, etc)

Right, I just need to find the earliest possible unlock time then, given the regional distributions. Someone just messaged me saying that some of the releases are skewed to be even earlier. Though i'm not sure if that's true,

Archonex on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Here is some more hype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5vbYVJ3PLE

Way more animations in this one. Magic seems to be more advanced this time.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So, CanIRunIt.com says I just meet the minimum specs for this game, and that the only reason I don't meet the recommended specs is because of my video card.

... but my video card blows all the recommended specs away. So... I don't really know what to make of that. I'm going to ignore it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote:
    Dashui wrote:

I hardly twitched. But I've had some whiskey.
    I laughed pretty hard when she did a backflip.
    I got to wonder, how does a comic like that even work?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Heir wrote:
    I muted out of precaution. From what I'm reading, I'm glad I did.

Bones snapping as a neck turns, and a The Grudge like sound further down from that.

• Options
    So, CanIRunIt.com says I just meet the minimum specs for this game, and that the only reason I don't meet the recommended specs is because of my video card.

... but my video card blows all the recommended specs away. So... I don't really know what to make of that. I'm going to ignore it.

Yeah It's... odd. The recommended card is one that is DirectX friggin' 9 compatible, with 1 gig of RAM. I've got that, it isn't a 260 but mine is made for DirectX 10. And I've got two of the damned things.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I kind of deserved what I got reading it. I clicked it not knowing what it was, ignored all the warning messages, and figured it was probably something humorous and related to the Mr. Mochi video.

I was wrong.

Dashui on
  • Options
    I just realized that if there's infinite missions in the game, then that means that Daggerfall style Vampire Clan missions might be back.

Which is awesome. Hopefully being a Vampire isn't as solitary an experience as it was in Oblivion. Being able to actually have vampire allies in some dungeons would be kickass, going off of bloodline/region.

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    that comic was broke for me somehow, and I had no sound.

I still thought it was freaky though. So then I saw all your posts about noise, I reloaded it and just scrolled down really fast.
    When she turned her head I heard it happened fast enough to make the most god-awful cracking sound, damn near shook my spine out of my back...

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So.

Corwin of Amber for my first character, Harry Dresden for my second, and then I'm thinking Locke Lamora. What about you fine fellows?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    First Char. AxDude Viking McManHuge

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    If we're going by being semi-based on things from other settings? Varok Saurfang.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    So.

Corwin of Amber for my first character, Harry Dresden for my second, and then I'm thinking Locke Lamora. What about you fine fellows?

I did consider a Harry Dresden; I've been listening to the audiobooks for just over a year now, and I'm part-way through Ghost Story as we speak. But I think I'm going with a sneaky Argonian destructo-mage.

I'd like to say that I'm going to play an evil character at some point, but I can never bring myself to go full sociopath in these games. :(

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Whiskeyjack, from the Malazan series.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    MechMantis wrote:
    Mahnmut wrote:

this is brilliant.

I try to link that in every elder scrolls thread but forgot to for this one, thanks for picking up the slack elimination
    Cantido wrote:
    Can my Nord fuck every female like Geralt?
    Just kidding. I'll just marry one and be loyal.

Hey now, my Geralt was faithful to Triss. Just because you played as a manwhore doesn't mean we all did
    I totally would have picked the "screw Saskia" option if it was available
    while she was in dragon form of course
    D:
    :D

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.