As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Vampire - The Masquerade - Game Over! Brujah Victory! Malkavian Victory!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote:
    jackisreal wrote:

I had Grimmy seer you night one, and he was mistakenly given the result that you were a Malkavian, so I killed you. After that the witch hunt stopped and I figured we probably didn't have a mole but once Grimmy got killed our chances at victory were pretty slim.

Yeah, that makes sense with what Loser told me. Sucks that it happened, but it was a fun read from the outside anyways.

Yeah, that was definitely the stupidest thing that i've ever done running a phalla.

And I totally didn't even catch the typo until the next night when I was reviewing orders. I was like "wtf? why is he team killing?" then I caught it. And I had to make a call. I think that I made the wrong one, though I don't really think that the Tremere would have been able to keep going. The Toreador stayed too powerful for too long.

Yeah, don't worry about it. Things happen and as a rpg GM I understand making a call in the heat of battle. I had a good time in my first game anyways.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Yeah, my advice was 'Tell them you're the primogen (truth) and that there's probably a Sabbat infiltrator (truth) and that you don't want to tell everyone who everyone else is, but you can vet targets and suggest targets based on pooled knowledge.'

Didn't work out so good.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    I still think networking in an A-B-C-D-A fashion (splinter cells! :P) is the best thing to do whenever there's a mole

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    jackisreal wrote:
    I still think networking in an A-B-C-D-A fashion (splinter cells! :P) is the best thing to do whenever there's a mole

Yeah, I think your strategy for dealing with a potential mole was a pretty good one. Course, we didn't actually HAVE one, but still...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I had fun following this after I got blowed up on day 1.

I was even guarding my self!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Redasaur wrote:
    The brujah had 2 guards as well as 2 vigs? Cripes...

the Brujah had 3 vigs. They were the clan that could put out the most damage of anyone. They were also the only clan that absolutely had to kill off another clan. They were the only clan that the Nosferatu could not win with. Everyone else could get away with leaving people alive.

As the downside, they ended up being led by me, so there was that disadvantage to deal with, too. :P

No grudge, Wildcat- I should have contacted everyone after the AT was dead, anyways. So no big.

But hey, it worked out in the end, right?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    BTW, LFHX, I had more fun than it appears I did.
    Crazy, paranoid dealings and maneuvers are always sweet! :bz

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Oh hey, posthumous Malkavian victory? Success! Brilliant play on my part!

• Options
    RedasaurRedasaur Registered User regular
    I guess it's just crazy enough to be a Malkavian victory, that they can win long after they were all dead. :)

• Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    jackisreal wrote:
    piL wrote:
    Wow. Shalmelo, mvp. I feel like your and Jackisreal's network was the best most useful network that I was in contact with.

How did you let me get killed by another villager ?!?!? I trusted youuuuuu

I talked Red out of it one night, and then like two nights later I think he did it again anyway. Or somebody else did, I can't remember which kills were which.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I was so parilized over what power to claim I had, because I knew nothing at all about the lore. So I ended up not saying anything or softnetworking at all.

I really hope you were lying about RNGing me over Malkor, PiL.

I really, really hope so.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Also, if I ever run VTM (very unlikely), I totally want to do a game where there was a crazy war in the city, almost all of the native vampires have died and the prince is a very scared and confused Nosferatu.

• Options
    SLyM wrote:
    I was so parilized over what power to claim I had, because I knew nothing at all about the lore. So I ended up not saying anything or softnetworking at all.

I really hope you were lying about RNGing me over Malkor, PiL.

I really, really hope so.

You were the gut feeling and so I flipped a coin. If Malkor won the toss I don't know I would have stuck with it. But I was very suspicious, and so if I did take out Malkor, you were probably still next SLyM :P

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote:
    No grudge, Wildcat- I should have contacted everyone after the AT was dead, anyways. So no big.

I credit your impeccable leadership skills for it all, chief.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Oh hey, we (almost) won! Fantastic.
    I'd like to thank whoever killed me day1 so I could spend all my time focusing on Skyrim instead.

• Options
    piL wrote:
    jackisreal wrote:
    piL wrote:
    Wow. Shalmelo, mvp. I feel like your and Jackisreal's network was the best most useful network that I was in contact with.

How did you let me get killed by another villager ?!?!? I trusted youuuuuu

I talked Red out of it one night, and then like two nights later I think he did it again anyway. Or somebody else did, I can't remember which kills were which.

Yeah, that was me who took you out, Jackisreal. I was pretty sure you were Tremere, though I thought you were a guard instead of the Vig. piL had mentioned getting protection from you earlier.

I was at the point where I thought there was a single sabbat left, there were still about 5 people who I suspected were tremere (I had no idea your clan was so small), plus our victory conditions weren't compatible so I knew you'd be opposing us trying to become Prince.

• Options
    Shalmelo was busdriving me, but I didn't want to tell you that, but jackisreal was the organizer of that, so that's how I proved he was probably a good guy--a mafia with that access would have taken me out probably.

• Options
    Also, I was really surprised that I lived as long as I did. All the trying to maneuver into position for another run at becoming Prince (After Lonelyahava won the vote for us but got killed off) was pissing off a lot of people, and we were without a guard ever since INANTP got taken out.

Toreador was on shaky ground the entire last part of the game, though I see now that Daniant was a large reason for us living so long. Seemed like most of the other clans weren't sharing as much info amongst themselves as we were with each other, so the Sabbat were well aware of everything we were doing and didn't pick on us. I felt so vulnerable, being the exposed member of toreador in discussions with other clans, being our vigilante, and not having any guard protection at all. Talk about paranoid. :)

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Yeah, daniant had a soft spot in her heart for the Toreador, in thanks for all the juicy intel. She was trying to set things up so that you guys might still pull out the win, in the event of our inevitable loss. (Sadly, there was never a good enough push to get one of you into power as Prince.)

• Options
    Darian wrote:
    Yeah, daniant had a soft spot in her heart for the Toreador, in thanks for all the juicy intel. She was trying to set things up so that you guys might still pull out the win, in the event of our inevitable loss. (Sadly, there was never a good enough push to get one of you into power as Prince.)

...except for the night I won the vote for Prince, when she proceded to kill me. ;)

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Yeah you were 'working with us' and we were trying to help you. You shouldn't have attacked Brujah at all and you would have been better off playing straight with us.

• Options
    In the last couple days, I was getting majorly mixed signals from Brujah. It sounded like inner turmoil caused by a sabbat infiltrator. Guess I was wrong. :)

• Options
    Wildcat wrote:
    JaysonFour wrote:

Not sure if serious, but still... that turned out better than the last time I got a "leader" role, if I remember...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You might have noticed, the last few communications with Brujah, I was making sure to send them to two of the Brujah at a time (first Warban and Cayrus, then Cayrus and Reg Rysk after Warban died). This was the point when I was really unsure if I was dealing with a Sabbat or not. Since I thought there was only 1 sabbat left, sending messages to two Brujah at a time made sure that an infiltrator couldn't mis-report what I was saying to the rest of your clan. The other person listening in on the conversation could verify what I had actually said.

So then Warban dies, and Cayrus angrily attacks me in the main thread, saying I had said things which I had not. He calmed down and apologized afterwards, after I reminded him that he was included in my conversation with Warban for clarity's sake. But this was what made me think he was the Sabbat, and why I attacked him the following day.

At least it made for an awesome death scene for me, that fight was well written, LFHX.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I got shot, twice!

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Yes, excellent narrations Loser. Thanks for hosting, it was fun.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    Redasaur wrote:
    Darian wrote:

...except for the night I won the vote for Prince, when she proceded to kill me. ;)

I still really regret that choice on a lotta levels, believe me. Shoulda gone for piL.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    I guess I spent too long in village victory mode and should have switched over to Tremere victory mode.

Thanks for hosting, LFHX! At least I went out with an awesome narration.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote:
    Wildcat wrote:
    JaysonFour wrote:

Not sure if serious, but still... that turned out better than the last time I got a "leader" role, if I remember...

You're welcome for that, by the way.

Sheesh.

Making me run around like crazy ten minutes before vote close trying to get your own clan together for you.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote:
    Wildcat wrote:
    JaysonFour wrote:

You're welcome for that, by the way.

Sheesh.

Making me run around like crazy ten minutes before vote close trying to get your own clan together for you.

Beware the lies of mortals!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Well, I owe you guys for that.

I remember the last leader role I had... i think it was that Whedonverse phalla about... eighteen months or two years ago? I was the unkillable big evil, and pretty much things got run into the ground because I let Rend run everything and didn't really do anything until the game was statistically over?

I have to admit, this felt better than that time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote:
    38th Doe, you were being quiet and suspicious and I just HAD TO PULL THE TRIGGER. Sorry that the aim was off.

I was talking to Void Slayer. I thought he was talking to the rest of you guys, but seeing your proboards I think I understand.

@SeGaTai We make a good team when we aren't throwing eachother out airlocks all willy-nilly.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    SeGaTai is THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS!

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    No, the idea was that each Ventrue give info to Steever, but for some reason they didn't really want to talk to him. They didn't trust him.

I wasn't going to be all 'hey yo, i'm the prince you can TRUST ME TOTES' because 1) they wouldn't and 2) exposure!

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Well, considering that we all got this really obtuse PM day 1 asking for all of our info, I think you can understand why we would be a bit cagey. And then we never got any more info as for what the plan was or what good targets would be or anything.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    To tell the truth, I still haven't thought of a good way to play the Ventrue Primogen, in between the Prince & the rest of the Clan.
    Some say be open with all, others not.
    How did Ahava get her clan's AT so quick?
    Just lucky?

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    stever777 wrote:
    To tell the truth, I still haven't thought of a good way to play the Ventrue Primogen, in between the Prince & the rest of the Clan.
    Some say be open with all, others not.
    How did Ahava get her clan's AT so quick?
    Just lucky?

Well, there were two moles in the Toreador.

But in general you can probably soft network without disclosing powers pretty safely. Knowing who is in the clan isn't a huge boost to the mafia.

You can also set up the cell structure Jack used. You contact A and set him up with B, set B up with A and C, C up B and D, and A up with D and C.

I think that the biggest problem was that you demanded information and weren't willing to give any in return. Not even the information that you were the Primogen.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    True, at first I didn't offer any. Then I realized it was getting nowhere so I started to leak a little out.
    Obviously not enough, but wasn't sure where the line should be, esp trying to protect the Prince.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Hey at least you tried contacting people. Really wish J4 would have said something to us sooner, but at the same time I guess it worked out for us so I cant be too mad at him. Just wish I could have done more to help the team.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Leaving anomolous off the pm actually was for the best since we were suspicious of him from the beginning then. Me vig grudging our AT on Day One helped also, lol.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase