As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 11-9-11: I AM better than you. And you already know it.

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Graphic Violence
Green Lantern #3 has the page of the year, along with a boom! head shot page:

greenlantern4-3a.jpg

greenlantern4-3b.jpg

Batman & Robin #3, Damian hates iPhones so much, and Alfred is a smooth criminal:

batmanandrobin2-3a.jpg

batmanandrobin2-3b.jpg

batmanandrobin2-3c.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Damien so OP. <3
    But also my MOTW. It's been a slow two weeks.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Damien so OP. <3

Nerf Waynes?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Nerf Waynes, buff Huntresses.

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is Damian the best Robin yet?

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Some of these guys may have something to say about that.

abmbab134asjdhfas9dfa46.jpg

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    From Point One, a nice scene showing why humanity is the best:

marvelpointoneb.jpg

marvelpointonec.jpg

That's the AoA version of William Stryker. Take that, mutie trash.

• Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    Someone just spoil the Hell out of Point One for me. I have ZERO interest in paying six bucks for a glorified preview book.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Nope thats Dick. Always and forever.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Eh

as Robin? Damian is a better character,

Dick came into his own when he became Nightwing.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote:
    From Point One, a nice scene showing why humanity is the best:

marvelpointoneb.jpg

marvelpointonec.jpg

That's the AoA version of William Stryker. Take that, mutie trash.
    I didn't think that the AoA universe had a stable civilization, much less puppies.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tim is the best Robin for Bruce

Damian is the best Robin for Dick/every other character

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Someone just spoil the Hell out of Point One for me. I have ZERO interest in paying six bucks for a glorified preview book.

If your store was nice they would have sold it for three bucks because Marvel gave every store twice their ordered copies. My LCS sold it for two bucks if you had a box.

people are sneaking into the Watcher's room on the moon where he's uploading his memories for 42 minutes and is unaware of everything going on. These people look at all the stuff he's recording like:

-someone dressed in a nova costume 80,000 light years away from earth is trying to tell Terrax to evacuate the planet, he refuses because he's too cool for school. The Phoenix kills everything on the planet and Nova flies away trying to warn people. We don't know if this is Rich or a new character because it's Loeb writing, although this Nova does say "epic fail"

-in the Age of Apocalypse world a mutie freak named Krakken is tucking in his son talking about how the mutants won and there's no humans left, as he was a guy who built the crematoriums that Apocalypse and Wolverine used to kill humans. William Stryker sneaks into his apartment and kills Krakken and his wife, but lets his son and puppy live. There is a group of humans called the X-Terminated consisting of Stryker, Graydon Creed, Donald Pierce, Zora Risman, and Francessca Trask who are going to fight and defend the human race from extinction.

-Kaine is in North Carolina leaving to get to Mexico when some guys rob a bank, he questions whether he has to go save the day. In the end he gets off the bus and saves the day, and stops from killing them and realizing he's not dying anymore so maybe he can live but he still seems to be a more violent Scarlet Spider. He's now the USAgent of Spider-Man so he's the best.

-Two chinese twins are born in Shanghai, Coldmoon and Dragonfire. one controls extreme heat, the other extreme cold. They are kept in isolation away from each other thinking the other twin is dead, until they're sixteen when they both decide to break out at the same time, and when they hold each other's hands it's like biting into a York peppermint patty. 6 months later they show up in NYC to help the Avengers stop the Taiji corporation, who was the company that imprisoned them for 16 years, saying they're using alien technology to take over the world.

-Doctor Strange is walking around and runs into a local hippie who keeps talking and writing jibberish and Strange goes into his mind and finds out the guy touched something in Africa that drove him mad, all this talk about pathways to the future or something. He stops talking jibberish and kills himself by jumping in front of a subway, and Strange sees the future with all the other Defenders, and Strange takes all the guys notebooks and starts to read them to find out what drove him crazy

-In a future Ultrons are everywhere and try to kill Hawkeye and Spider-Man. Hawkeye has lost an eye so he's just Hawk now. They defeat the robots but blow up a city block, and it looks like something where humanity is enslaved or some such.

-In the end those people leave the Watcher's room, call themselves the Unseen, and say the time is soon for them to kill the Watcher and take all his knowledge/cereal.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    Thanks! Glad I passed on this one.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    "Epic fail" is a pretty inappropriate response to a disaster of cosmic proportions.
    We're talking about the destruction of a planet, not a youtube video of a guy running into a glass door.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I got the Point One issue, the stuff with the Watcher and the Ultron War was pretty good. Still hoping this Phoenix thing will be a collection of interconnecting miniseries and not a typical event. With 5 writers and 3 artists in the preview imagine that's a good sign it won't be structured like Fear Itself.

Also what they could do is kinda have the whole story be an event type thing without an actual main book. It would be told in a few issues of Avengers, Fantastic Four, Hulk, and other books at a time, sort of like the tie-ins telling the main story.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I was just shocked that was Larocca drawing that poor Yin Yang Twins story (lulz I got it FVL!). His style isn't that good anymore, I wish he's just go back to his X-Treme X-Men days.

edit: and I'm going to throw out the idea that the Twins were going to have their own story or mini somewhere, but it got tossed out as that part of the story was edited by Arbona, who has had all his other projects he edited be cancelled.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Actually, no. Apparently Van Lente said the twins are for something that isn't a comic book

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ.
    Hawkeye has lost an eye so he's just Hawk now.
    Wow. Such amazing writing.

• Options
    That was a joke. He did lose an eye though (Hitch's art wasn't that good and he goes shaky came for some pages that kind of wasted the pages).

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    My moment of the week was Journey into Mystery:
    Loki is now the Black Ops of Asgard. The All-Mothers, who are way more kind and also savvy than Odin ever was, have tasked him to be their secret weapon in this new age since he is the most flexible and open to change of all the gods.

But more importantly:
    KHzub.jpg
    Oh my god oh my god oh my god

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Jesus Christ.
    Hawkeye has lost an eye so he's just Hawk now.
    Wow. Such amazing writing.

Do you just want to hate everything

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Are you kidding? There is plenty I enjoy, but that just all sounds awful.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    For some reason I think this panel makes me chuckle.

M95nQ.jpg

Wish I was good at photoshopping out captions so it looks like Huntress just being a lazy bum at home.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    It'd be easier at higher resolution and/or larger. The color is off, but it's a start.

2uz40h1.jpg

Anyway, that scene from JIM looks fantastic. I'm not going to get to my store until next week, and that sucks. But I will finally get my Tbolts fix, too, and that is awesome.

Crimsondude on
  • Options

Yeah secondhand descriptions from Tex are a great way to judge a product

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Furu wrote:

Yeah secondhand descriptions from Tex are a great way to judge a product

He's the only reviewer I need

• Options
    It was firsthand descriptions because I was there, man!

• Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Blankzilla wrote:
    My moment of the week was Journey into Mystery:
    Loki is now the Black Ops of Asgard. The All-Mothers, who are way more kind and also savvy than Odin ever was, have tasked him to be their secret weapon in this new age since he is the most flexible and open to change of all the gods.

But more importantly:
    KHzub.jpg
    Oh my god oh my god oh my god

This was just cool as fucking ice.

Also my MOTW was the consistent, distilled awesome that is Uncanny X-force.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah Uncanny X-Force was fucking fantastic this week

So goddamn good

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Frankenstein #3:
    The squad kills the horde of spider-monsters, only to discover the mountain next to them was their mother:

ScanImage001.jpg

The monster proceeds to swallow Frankenstein:

ScanImage002.jpg

Suicide Squad #3 had some funny moments.
    ScanImage003.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Since I heard it mentioned in a horrible yet unresistable way on a recent motw, and other places, I decided to check out "Our love is real"
    Holy balls, whoever mentioned before that it was kinda insane, and had to be a joke, wasn't far off, I'm still not sure what the hell I read , but yet , I don't even know .

Good or Bad, was definately a Moment.

(on the flipside, great JJJ in Avenging spidey)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508