As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xerculena: The Legendary Journeys of a Warrior Princess

ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday ArmadilloI'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Social Entropy++
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-tyFqjfSIA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUoQdTl8vqU&feature=related

So I have lately been watching these two great shows, perhaps the greatest two shows of nineties. They had action, drama, humor, sex and so much more. Memorable characters and ridiculous plot lines abound!

So I think this here thread is where we remember and relive the lows & highs of these two great shows. Let us recommend excellent episodes. Let us discuss how many relatives, children and lovers Xena impossibly has. Let us fall in love with Autolycus all over again.

Autolicus-001.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
Zonugal on

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Is... is that Bruce Campbell going "OoOoOoOo..."?

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fuck yeah, Bruce Campbell!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I loved those two shows.

I also loved Jack of All Trades.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Oh man, these two shows and Charmed were the only shows I watched that weren't cartoons in the 90s.

90s kids represent.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I love Kevin Sorbo.

I will watch near anything with him in it.

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I've been watching Xena on Netflix... up to about mid 3rd season now. I love it. It's cheesy and awful in most/all places, but that's half of the allure. The tongue-in-cheek nature of the show with the strong feminist overtone = win. Gonna watch it all, for sure.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    ...Charmed.

Eh.....

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    I love Kevin Sorbo.

I will watch near anything with him in it.

Eh, I didn't really watch Andromeda. I did watch that one barbarian movie with him in it, though.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Darmak wrote:

I can't believe I forgot about this.

Ah, Lord Bowler.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Man Zonugal Charmed was great. It got progressively worse but I was young I didn't care.

It's also more my mom's show, but she got me into all 3 of them at once.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    kevin sorbo was great as the sixties middleman

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    The best part of Hercules is Kevin Sorbo's absolute commitment to not trying to do any accent.

He's just Zeus' divinly strong, blue collar American fighting monsters.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote:

YES YES YES YES YEEEEESSSSS!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Also, I LOVED Ares.

Then there was Bizarro Ares, who made me laugh my guts out.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    VoproSTEIN wrote:
    Man Zonugal Charmed was great. It got progressively worse but I was young I didn't care.

It's also more my mom's show, but she got me into all 3 of them at once.

Oh I remember, I watched so much of it.

And it got so terribly terrible.

• Options
    In the year 2525
    Three women have the will to survive

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    God damn, somehow this thread reminded me of another awesome show I barely remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sY-v6dZtz0

• Options
    Trippy, no.

No!!!

• Options
    RIP Soccer aka Wishbone

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I remember loving Xena so much as a little girl, watching obsessively, yet I remember none of it.

• Options
    mortal kombat: conquest

now that was a show I loved

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Spiced HamSpiced Ham Registered User regular
    I remember playing God of War 3, hearing Hercules talk and realizing that it was Kevin Sorbo. That was the best.

• Options
    The real moral of the story for both Hercules and Xena:

The Gods are huge douche-bags, all of them.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    I love this theme song. AND SO WILL TLB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VNsjjYRgjc

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    The real moral of the story for both Hercules and Xena:

The Gods are huge douche-bags, all of them.

well yeah

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Never got the chance to watch much Xena or Hercules, but thumbs up for Wishbone and MK: Conquest.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    It is a crime against humanity that we will never see Lucy Lawless Wonder Woman.

A CRIME

• Options
    Never say never.

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Zonugal Beiber

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote:
    In the year 2525
    Three women have the will to survive

This was such a great show! A buddy of mine picked it up on DVD years back, so I got to watch it straight through.

It is a travesty that it got cancelled and was ended with a lackluster cliffhanger episode. :(

• Options
    moocow wrote:
    Zonugal Beiber

You have made an enemy today. My army of tweens shall block out the sun.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    This will be a good thread. Thank you Zonugal

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I remember Aphrodite being totally smokin' hot.

Tell me Internet did 11 year old me have good taste in women?

• Options
    This will be a good thread. Thank you Zonugal

I do what I can.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Also I am just saying that if my Satan got me brisco county jr DVDs I would not be upset.

• Options
    In the year 2525
    Zonugal has the will to survive

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Trippy!!!!!

• Options
    Fighting for a brand new land
    Zonugal's gonna get his man

b1ehrMM.gif