Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Xbox 360 E64 error. What's it mean to me?

shadowaneshadowane regularRegistered User regular
edited November 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I've started getting an E64 error with a red light on the bottom right when turning on my 360 at times. Any idea what causes it or if there's anything I can do? Or is my 360 just going to slowly break down until it stops working?

Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
shadowane on

• a5ehrena5ehren regular AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Internet says E64 means some kind of DVD drive failure. Some people report it as a loose SATA cable, but the more common failure mode seems to be some kind of NAND/firmware failure.

If you're out of warranty, you can pay MS $150 to fix it or just go buy a new one.

• shadowaneshadowane regular Registered User regular
    About what I expected. The 360 is such a piece of shit.

Rich on Beer - I talk about drinking beer. You read about it.
  • NibCromNibCrom regular Registered User regular
    At least enter your serial number on the trouble ticket Web site on the chance that Microsoft would fix it for free.

• BartholamueBartholamue regular Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    For reference, here is the error codes, explained:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

I personally got an E74 error fixed with a replacement Xbox, but that was under the three year RROD warranty.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz