As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] Game 59-Same Game, Different Day

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Nurgle, if you actually do want to help ruin Bretonnia, I heartily recommend the Plaguebearer upgrade. I'd say GUO if it hadn't failed me in my last game and if not for the Dark Elves. But if I get any hits I'll make sure you get your ruiner's points and hopefully second place.

Why would you "help" me like that? Odd....I guess you want first place and you don't care who gets second....seems fair i guess....still suspicious...

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Honestly I think the others all have more potential points on the board than us (except maybe the Rat... sorry stever!). You mentioned earlier how people would stop you from helping to ruin Bretonnia. I'm just making sure you know how to make it very difficult for anyone to stop you.

• Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'll drop the Skaven Token in the Badlands.

This game is considerably closer than I would have liked...

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    As i look at my options for upgrades, none of them seem great for me ATM. Great unclean one would be good...if i roll well. Barers would be good if you roll well. Either way it's roll dependent. However, i think i get more chance out of the barers...

Plaguebarer upgrade please...

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    And that's even to the point of recommending you drop warriors in my face... so... er, maybe I should've said nothing and you should just get the Leper upgrade instead? :D

Edit: BAH!

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    susan wrote:
    I'll drop the Skaven Token in the Badlands.

This game is considerably closer than I would have liked...

It should be over...but i got screwed so hard....oh well, such is the name of the game.

• Options
    I've been screwing myself pretty hard for the last two rounds (yes, I can do that), so why not make it three in a row? Both Nobles to Troll Country.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hmpf, you're just doing that because you know I'm out of Lure of Battles.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    texasheat wrote:
    It should be over...but i got screwed so hard....oh well, such is the name of the game.

The more I play this game, the more I find that whoever takes an early lead is doomed. Middle of the pack with a clear plan for victory seems to be the best hangout. Now, to see the Old World flip so we can get to drawin' cards...

susan on
  • Options
    susan wrote:
    texasheat wrote:

The more I play this game, the more I find that whoever takes an early lead is doomed. Middle of the pack with a clear plan for victory seems to be the best hangout. Now, to see the Old World flip so we can get to drawin' cards...

Your right of course, but i couldn't pass up the Nurgles quest option. It was just too awesome. I guess i don't care if i lose as long as i set a record....

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Thought he was talking about me being in the early lead and now falling apart. :bz

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    stever777 wrote:
    Thought he was talking about me being in the early lead and now falling apart. :bz

When were you in the lead? Lol

texasheat on
  • Options
    D'oh!

• Options
    Dear wonderful host @SeGaTai (to whom we are all most grateful), may I humbly suggest following Darian's lead and giving us permission to draw from the Old World deck in case you're unavailable to do so yourself? Obviously by the time you see this, it will only matter for Round 5, but for what it's worth I'll be doing that in the next game I host.

Thanks much!

-blah

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Round 4- Draw Phase-Everyone's favorite

game59state06.png

The Crusade Is Come - Place one Peasant token in each of two different regions. Then place one Hero token in each of two different regions. Then place one Noble token in each of two different regions. - Discard this card instead of adding it to the Old World track

Horned Rat has the honors

Draw 2
    Draw 2
    Draw to 5
    Draw 2
    Draw 2

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I'll you know actually add the card once I place the tokens-fail

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    texasheat wrote:
    stever777 wrote:

When were you in the lead? Lol

He double-ticked last round and was tied with you in points. He looked like he was in an awfully strong position as well. The tallest nails tend to get hammered, or so whatever cliche I massacred goes.

• Options
    :drools: Why is my threat level so high? :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A Peasant in Bretonnia & Norsca.
    A Hero in Troll Country & The Border Princes.
    A Noble in Bretonnia & The Badlands.

2 cards drawn.

stever777 on

• Options
    Round 4-Summoning Phase

game59state6.png

OWC effects
    Dark Elf Corsairs - At the end of the battle phase, each player must remove one of his figures from each region where there is at least one Event token, if able.
    Skavengers- Lowest threat places skaven token at warpstone during end phase

Khorne is active

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Skulltaker to Troll Country.

6/7 PP

Characters
  • Options
    And no one mentions the cards I left in Troll Country...you saw nothing

game59state61.png

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Trying to help out Khorne, eh?

• Options
    Lets try an outbreak:

http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/140/acts/8901
    Virulent Outbreak - 0 - This region is considered Populous

Outbreak in Norsca please.

6/6 PP

• Options
    side notes on strategy, just to call everyone out cause i don't think i have a chance here.

If Tzeentch ruins first place in Norcsa and the TC, he'll end with 51 VP.....this round

If slaanesh places corruption in TC, he'll have 55 VP...at the end of this round.

and since i've got no chance of any first places and still needing 23 vp, i guess i'm just gonna focus on killing. This is assuming of course no special cards are played to advance or stop either of them...

• Options
    Ain't over 'til it's over; I wouldn't put anyone's odds at winning anywhere over 1 in 3, and we're still looking at a serious 5-way race points and clicks wise. Let's try and change that:

Convocation to Troll Country bringing 3 Empire Cultists and a reserve Warrior, 5/6.

• Options
    Sweet, battle dice.

Characters
  • Options
    I don't see how in the hell I could possibly hit 55 VP this round, even if both slots in TC hadn't been blocked before my turn. Anyway...

Festival of Sinew in Bretonnia.

6/6 PP

• Options
    2 Clan Rats in Tilea.

5/6 PP

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote:
    I don't see how in the hell I could possibly hit 55 VP this round, even if both slots in TC hadn't been blocked before my turn.

Yeah, and I'm not seeing 51 points for m'self from Norsca and TC either. I'm at 24; if I take first in both (unlikely) with the placement bonus points I'm at 46, probably less.

• Options
    You can all bite my ratty butt.

• Options
    I have few options, but since this is the first time I've drawn this card (when it could instead have been much more useful last round), to hell with it.

Rampage to Tilea. 3 hits. All the rats die.

5/7 PP

Characters
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plaguebearer to the TC

5/6 PP

Editied for idiot-ness

texasheat on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Edit: Here, this might be useful.

game59state61.png

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah...I thought Korne just played Rampage in the TC, but it was tilea...I see my mistake now..

texasheat on
  • Options
    susan wrote:
    Yeah, and I'm not seeing 51 points for m'self from Norsca and TC either. I'm at 24; if I take first in both (unlikely) with the placement bonus points I'm at 46, probably less.

Actually, texasheat was right about you at 51 if you get first in both. 11 (Norsca ruin) + 13 (TC ruin) + 1 (Norsca dom) + 2 (Badlands dom) = 27. 24 + 27 = 51. But you're right, first place in TC will be tough for you. I don't think I'm gonna get there either, but we'll see.

• Options
    Why would I play a Rampage to a region in which I have no battle dice? :P

Characters
  • Options
    Math is hard....

• Options
    Aegis wrote:
    Why would I play a Rampage to a region in which I have no battle dice? :P

I said I R DUMB, what more you want from me...sheesh...lol

• Options
    Blue Scribes to Norsca and 2 of my Corruption to Troll Country, Click! 4/6.