Options

[Chaos] Game 59-Same Game, Different Day

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Keeper of Secrets to Bretonnia.

1/6 PP

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'm getting the distinct impression that our brother-sister is a mind-reader.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    That or your being predicitable. Not sure though, could be some mild psycokinesis.

texasheat on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Round 2-Summoning Phase-Thx for the mini-update

game59state23.png

OWC effects
    During the battle phase, no battle dice may be rolled in regions where there is at least one Event token.

Chaos Cards
    Pleasure Shield - 2 - Double the defense values of your figures in this region.
    Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.
    (M) Nurgle's Quest - 4 - If you place at least one corruption token in this region, immediately advance your dial one tick and carry out the dial instructions. This can be fulfilled once per phase.

Rat is active

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Grey Seer in Kislev.

Grey Seer - 1 - When you play this card, immediately summon two Cultists to this region.

5/6 PP

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I love all of you.

Hate to Kislev. Move every cultist onto that card.

4/7 PP

Characters
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote:
    Electors Sue for Peace really is the worst card :(

I almost said "If you think that's bad, the players in Game 51 had to deal with Morrslieb Eclipsed for the first two rounds and then Vermin Outbreak for the next three!", until I remembered you (and stever) actually played in that game. :P

• Options
    WOW, you guys let me have both card slots in the empire...THANK YOU...

Filth in the empire

2/6 PP

http://handtracker.heroku.com/games/140/acts/8749
    (M) Filth - 0 - When you play this card, replace one opponent's corruption token in this region with one of your corruption tokens

That should be +1 dial tick...and i choose Tzeentches in Norsca for the token removal. Thank you!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Gotta remove one in The Empire, namely Khorne's.
    I thought about taking that slot but figured someone else would.
    I was wrong.
    Rats!

stever777 on

• Options
    The remove one corruption is for his dial advance.

I was hoping you had another filth after you spent your first one

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rules Query: The text of filth states "replace". Via the FAQ:
    Q: The Tzeentch card “Bolt of Change” uses the term “replace.” What does this mean?

A: The term “replace” is a separate game term. This single word executes an exchange, which does not count as “placing” for purposes of summon/place/move.

Would this mean that the use of Filth as Nurgle just did does not, in fact, trigger Nurgle's Quest given that Nurgle's Quest specifies the placing of corruption?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Man, Nurgle's really "cleaning up" here, isn't he? 8-)
    SeGaTai wrote:

No fair pulling for a particular player, unless it's me. :cry:

• Options
    Oh well nevermind, ignore my question. Apparently at the very beginning of the FAQ it states:
    The Nurgle Chaos card “Filth”

This card’s text should read “When you play this card, remove one opponent’s corruption token from this region. Then place one of your corruption tokens in this region.”

Think we need a chaos card text update on handtracker.

Characters
  • Options
    From Darian's FAQ -
    Does corruption placed by Filth or Blue Scribes grant a DAC? (For Filth, of course, it would take 2 of them in the same region)
    [FAQ - Yes; move, place, same thing. As an errata, they changed Filth to be two separate events-remove, then place.]

Nice try, tho'.

• Options
    See my edit :P

Characters
  • Options
    Still a nice try.

• Options
    Amusing situation: Nurgle will gain a minimum of 3 dial advancements this turn with a possibility of 4.

New PA record?

Characters
  • Options
    Yep, no one's gotten three before. I can live with three, but hopefully we can stop him from getting four this round - that's a little too scary for me.

• Options
    Yea, four would mean a double upgrade.

Characters
  • Options
    WOW, totally not what i expected. Hating on a nurgle DAC? Common guys, i've never seen a nurgle dac victory, can't you just let me try without ganging up on me, it's a LONG road. And there's no way i'm double ticking this round with just 2 PP left. I've been adding it up though, i should have waited on it. If you get the great unclean one upgrade then do it, you can potentially score like 5 ticks in one round. Granted, it'd have to be perfect, but possible. I did it here only cause the old world card presented a VERY good oppertunity to use it as i was already setup for it. Hindsight is a bitch though huh.

Quick question though, who wrote off the second filth based on the first one's use. I was trying to make it look like it was played in the wrong order, and i'm curious if it worked on any of you?

• Options
    stever777 wrote:
    Gotta remove one in The Empire, namely Khorne's.
    I thought about taking that slot but figured someone else would.
    I was wrong.
    Rats!

Catching up on all the posts....You should have looked at Kornes motivation. There is NO reason for him to want ANYTHING in the empire right now. He wrote that entire region off when the old world card came out. You were the last person to stop me too, tzeentch should have done it right away, he is the card god, but he choose not to. I really thought slaanesh was going to jump all over it, but when s/he passed on it, i was giggling like a school girl after both of thier turns. I figured you'd be the only one to have any reason to play a card there at all, i just knew you were going to take it. It was a gamble, but it worked out for me. GOD I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

• Options
    stever777 wrote:
    Man, Nurgle's really "cleaning up" here, isn't he? 8-)
    SeGaTai wrote:

No fair pulling for a particular player, unless it's me. :cry:

Although you are right, SeGa was hoping i had one just to see how awesome the playing of it would be :P Not totally pulling for me per say, just watching the awesomeness of the game unfold and rooting for the most epic moves. Hmmm....never thought i'd say filth and epic and be talking about the same thing. lol

• Options
    Aegis wrote:
    Yea, four would mean a double upgrade.

4 WOULD mean a double upgrade by the end of round 2...which, although awesome, is impossible from where i'm sitting. Still, 3 is pretty sweet.

• Options
    rooting for morrslieb nurgle is always a worthwhile endeavor

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    What's with this 'Tzeentch should have done such and such' nonsense? Plans within plans, brothers...

Cultist to Empire, 4/6.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll admit I was fooled by the Filth going before the Quest. I still planned on blocking the second slot, but only if no one else had by my next turn. Anyway...

Seductress to The Empire.

0/6 PP

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Nurgle pretty much outlined my thoughts on the matter. I wrote off the Empire when Peace hit since I could do literally nothing to stop anything from happening there.

Characters
  • Options
    You could still pull figures out with Terror/Lambs. My guess is that Lambs is coming next, assuming you have it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It would make since, but he will need the card...AND to spend 2 pp to use it. If your not carefu Korne, you'll let the HR double dac...

At this point, you pretty much can assume what i will do, you know, pad out my Quest card. HR is still a wild card. he has alot of PP, and if you don't setup to stop him, he'll go up just like me. Just saying you have several targets you need to focus. Choose wisely.

texasheat on
  • Options
    Hopefully he does have it. It would be amazing in BP right now, pulling a figure from every other player and making it harder for HR to dominate. Then again, my figures are happy where they are, so maybe I should be glad if he can't do it. :P

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote:
    You could still pull figures out with Terror/Lambs. My guess is that Lambs is coming next, assuming you have it.

I never draw well.

Characters
  • Options
    Ah, oh well. I'm sure you also remember that Khorne doesn't care about peace when he's on a rampage, but crappy draws, etc.

• Options
    Round 2-Summoning Phase

game59state24.png

OWC effects
    During the battle phase, no battle dice may be rolled in regions where there is at least one Event token.

Chaos Cards
    Pleasure Shield - 2 - Double the defense values of your figures in this region.
    Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.
    (M) Nurgle's Quest - 4 - If you place at least one corruption token in this region, immediately advance your dial one tick and carry out the dial instructions. This can be fulfilled once per phase.
    Hate - 1 - When you play this card, move any number of figures in this region onto this card. Figures on this card cannot be moved out of this region.

Rat is active

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Rat Ogre in Kislev.

3/6 PP

• Options
    Bloodthirster to Kislev.

1/7 PP

Characters
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So much anger...lol

I see my actions have angered my fellow gods....i'll do what works...run away.

plague barer to Brettonia

1/6 PP

texasheat on
  • Options
    If that leper survives 3 battle dice in Brettonia I'll eat my hat.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote:
    If that leper survives 3 battle dice in Brettonia I'll eat my hat.

Sorry, i ended up changing it, didn't realize i only had 1 left, still new to nurgle....

• Options
    Nurgle does get very few cultists, yes. But, as a result, if you can keep them alive it means all your PP are freely available for plopping down battledice to annoy the crap out of Tzeentch and Slaanesh who otherwise have the worst warriors.

Characters
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Cultist to Empire, 3/6.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion