As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Planes, Trains and [chat]mobiles

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote:
    Dammit, stalking my Santee leads me to posts made almost exclusively in the [chat] thread. Can't you post in an incredibly specific thread like "O-Gauge railways sets and why I love them", santee?

This was always my problem. I'd invariably get a Chatter and have like a few thousand posts to dig through, most of them about things you couldn't buy for them.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Actually, the 110 is high for 140, but still, 140 is high.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    they're actually going to let the people use the park again to continue the protest, just after it's cleaned up and all the tents and yurts n shit have been removed

and they'll be allowed to continue to protest there so long as they don't try to turn it into a camp-site again

the police are all "you have a right to protest and we respect that right. you do not have a right to squat on public land."

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Chanus wrote:
    zeeny wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    mine climbed up to 140/110 yesterday

the machine's numbers were in red and making blinky noises

that's bad, right?

That's strange blood pressure. 140 whatever, but 110 is way too high.

140/110 is, like, precisely borderline hypertension.

No man, 140/90 is borderline hypertension. 140/110 is "Why the fuck is his diastolic BP fucking 110?"

Edit: Nvm...didn't see your 2nd post...

zeeny on
  • Options
    ahahaahhahhahaha

direct quote from a buddy of mine who is down there that saw an exchange between a cop and a protester

Cop: "We'll let you back in the park once it is safe."
    Protester: "It is safe! It was safe before we had pigs and guns in here! Get that out and the park is safe!"
    Cop: "Ma'am, you're being very rude."

then the cop shook his head and walked away from her

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    they're actually going to let the people use the park again to continue the protest, just after it's cleaned up and all the tents and yurts n shit have been removed

and they'll be allowed to continue to protest there so long as they don't try to turn it into a camp-site again

the police are all "you have a right to protest and we respect that right. you do not have a right to squat on public land."

sounds like the police their know their jobs

whodatunkit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Pony wrote:
    ahahaahhahhahaha

direct quote from a buddy of mine who is down there that saw an exchange between a cop and a protester

Protester: "It is safe! It was safe before we had pigs and guns in here! Get that out and the park is safe!"

okay, "once it is safe"?

what exactly is so dangerous about tents

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Pony wrote:
    ahahaahhahhahaha

I'M NOT YOUR MA'AM, BUDDY

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    ahahaahhahhahaha

okay, "once it is safe"?

I know in the case of OWS, it was that they were very close to each other and everyone had cooking/heating fires going, so it was basically a giant inferno waiting to happen.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I always tell people that Toronto is a great city

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Chanus wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    ahahaahhahhahaha

okay, "once it is safe"?

I know in the case of OWS, it was that they were very close to each other and everyone had cooking/heating fires going, so it was basically a giant inferno waiting to happen.

ah yes. Fire in tents is bad.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular

FOR FASCIST OPPRESSORS

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    ahahaahhahhahaha

okay, "once it is safe"?

there's been people who have been sexually assaulted, some drug dealing, some violence that's taken place at this and other Occupy camp-sites

you can't just have a bunch of people camping out in a city park without supervision or legal cause, it's harmful to the public and it's been destructive to local businesses

these people want to protest, they can protest... but then they gotta go home at the end of the day and come back in the morning or something

no more tent cities, that was the ruling the court handed down

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Don't even need diet changes to get your bp under control. Like... a half hour of walking a day will do wonders for you guys that are struggling. Cutting out salt will help too.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    also, yeah, the fire risk is a definite concern

• Options
    when we were taught to use the military stoves they showed us why one should try not to light your tent on fire

it's because it burns like it's been dunked in gasoline

not that like every tent wasn't almost lit on fire

those stoves were shit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular

Same. I always tell them it's a great city that really wants to be Montreal.

• Options
    bowen wrote:
    Don't even need diet changes to get your bp under control. Like... a half hour of walking a day will do wonders for you guys that are struggling. Cutting out salt will help too.

Considering how much salt and caffeine I take in every day and how little exercise I do, I'm totally cool being 120/80.

• Options
    bowen wrote:

the doctor specifically told me that 45 minutes of walking a day will be a big thing and after 30 days should see results

i'm going to start that today, see how it goes

also in other news, my cat has decided that she is now part of Occupy My Lap

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    I used to have high BP but I got it back down. I wouldn't be surprised if back up after the last two weeks.

• Options
    Hippie cat needs to get a job!

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    bowen wrote:

the doctor specifically told me that 45 minutes of walking a day will be a big thing and after 30 days should see results

i'm going to start that today, see how it goes

also in other news, my cat has decided that she is now part of Occupy My Lap

85% of the cuddles are owned by 1% of the humans.

• Options
    hahahahaah the people's mic is such an effective tool of indoctrination

since the police announcement a whole bunch of the protesters have started taking down the tents and helping city workers with the take-downs

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am part of Occupy Computer Chair today. Also a part of Occupy DVD Player.

• Options
    some people swore by them and said they worked just fine if you did it right

well, yes, they work fine when they work but you turn the valve the wrong way or a little too far the right way and it's broken

also stuff like if there's a leak or a spill it gathers in a pool under the fire itself and that eventually results in a wonderful in-tent fireball

the best way to wake up.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    bowen wrote:

Considering how much salt and caffeine I take in every day and how little exercise I do, I'm totally cool being 120/80.

Keep in mind that blood pressure tends to go up with age. Your 120/80 today maybe be 150/95 in 30 years.

I'm sure if I hadn't lost 60 pounds this year my pressure would be higher, so I am intending to continue this downward trend.

• Options
    Pony wrote:

since the police announcement a whole bunch of the protesters have started taking down the tents and helping city workers with the take-downs

indoctrination is a funny way of saying "talking to people who then agree with your reasonable demands"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    how good something is when it works fine is not how to measure how good a thing is

it's how easily it gets broken and how it works when it's broken

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    example of this: the eurozone

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Chanus wrote:
    bowen wrote:

Keep in mind that blood pressure tends to go up with age. Your 120/80 today maybe be 150/95 in 30 years.

I'm sure if I hadn't lost 60 pounds this year my pressure would be higher, so I am intending to continue this downward trend.

Yeah, I was being somewhat facetious.

I mean... I don't want to change my diet or exercise more... but I also kind of do...

I'm just lucky in that I seem to be fairly healthy without much effort... makes up for being seasonally allergic to just about everything :P

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:

indoctrination is a funny way of saying "talking to people who then agree with your reasonable demands"

"the people's mic" involves saying something and then everyone else repeating you in waves and so on

it's an effective tool of getting people to be more agreeable to what you are saying

you know who else uses that tool?

churches

it works, it's a thousands of years old technique to get people to concur, get people to say your words with their own mouths in unison, it's a pretty well documented psychological effect

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    Abdhyius wrote:
    Pony wrote:

"the people's mic" involves saying something and then everyone else repeating you in waves and so on

it's an effective tool of getting people to be more agreeable to what you are saying

you know who else uses that tool?

churches

it works, it's a thousands of years old technique to get people to concur, get people to say your words with their own mouths in unison, it's a pretty well documented psychological effect

yeah but like in this case I think it would mostly just cancel out the disadvantage that anything "the pigs" say and make people actually listen

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    bowen wrote:

See the thing about hypertension is that it's basically a precursor to the worst diseases you could ever suffer through. Getting it in control is super easy and one should do so if they can. Dropping caffeine and salt and walking an hour or so a day? Wow, that will help so much.

People who ignore the simple end up with things like : Diabetes, Renal Failure, organ failure in general which are just not super fun to deal with. The kidney is especially touchy to blood pressure. Trust me you guys, you don't want to be on dialysis.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    some of the occupy protesters are telling others to shut up and stop chanting at police

they're all "they're going to let us come back, don't start shit"

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    bowen wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    bowen wrote:

See the thing about hypertension is that it's basically a precursor to the worst diseases you could ever suffer through. Getting it in control is super easy and one should do so if they can. Dropping caffeine and salt and walking an hour or so a day? Wow, that will help so much.

People who ignore the simple end up with things like : Diabetes, Renal Failure, organ failure in general which are just not super fun to deal with. The kidney is especially touchy to blood pressure. Trust me you guys, you don't want to be on dialysis.

You are preaching to the choir here. I already walk to and from work most days (roughly 70 minutes), and I have been striving to lose weight.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    So....

our company WAN is fucked up.

For the whole company.

Of 26000 employees.

On a day when everyone needs to send in and approve their timecards.

Not good.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I liked the OWS girl NPR got a clip of a few days ago.

"I want the people who work in this...area... to know that we won't take their system any more. And if they won't change the system, we'll smash it."

SO much righteous indignation when she said it too.

Shut up and go back to your tent you idiot.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I liked the OWS girl NPR got a clip of a few days ago.

"I want the people who work in this...area... to know that we won't take their system any more. And if they won't change the system, we'll smash it."

SO much righteous indignation when she said it too.

Shut up and go back to your tent you idiot.

She'll.... she'll throw it on the ground?

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote:
    ahahaahhahhahaha

Man, I can't even wrap my head around what it must be like to live in a place with police like that.

Next you'll tell me that they're helpful and give directions and stuff!

This discussion has been closed.