As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go post in the new STEAM thread, plzkthnxbai

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Another day of being totally underwhelmed by the dailies. I know Witcher 2 is going to be cheaper eventually, and I don't need another big RPG. Not upset by this, I'm knee-deep in Skyrim, just started LA Noire, haven't touched Arkham City yet, and that's saying nothing of the 6-7 games I'm somewhere in the middle of that I actually intend to finish sometime. I'll wait and see for the Christmas sale with more cash in hand.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    ok... So my phone just dinged twice with email notifications. The first goes to @mere_immortal who gifted me Lightfish and wanted to know what it was. I honestly don't know how to describe it. I saw TotalBiscuit do it during his WTFathon and thought it looked like good casual fun.

Now here's the biggie. Everyone pay attention. @minor incident the King of Class, just gifted me Skyrim. Freaking Skyrim! I don't know what to say. This is the game that has lead to me saving to build a new PC, as my laptop can maybe barely run it. (I guess I'll find out)It is my goal. My dream. Now it's here to urge me on in all the crazy doubleshifts I'll be working to save up for the project.

Thank you Minor Incident. You are a god.

My only regret is that this is on such a late page on this thread.

Wow.

This needs to be reposted so everyone can see Minor Incidents classiness since it got stuck at the end of the old thread.

Jesus H Christ. Shut it down, people. minor incident wins.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    GOD DAMN IT!

I clicked purchase as gift, steam says "hey go verify your email," so I say "sure," I come back, pay through paypal and steam says, "would you like to download your games now?"

I go "wait what? FUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuopensupportticket."

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    Is Dungeon Defenders worth it to someone who likes RPGs but hasnt played many tower defense games? I think the only time I've played a tower defense game was a few maps in Wc3.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote:
    WOW. Skyrim, Incident?

You're certainly giving Iolo a run for classiest steam gifter.

I'm a big believer in shock & awe as a gifting tactic.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Gonna take this opportunity to remind everyone who likes Dungeons of Dredmore to check out Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, a really good roguelike that goes out of its way to have an accessible interface (and also has tiles and whatever).

@Adellios: Well, ACTION RPGs. You won't be finding much in the way of plot there. But it's a fun game, and you won't have any trouble figuring out the TD elements.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Witcher 2 was $17 or so via Amazon DD recently, so I am sure there will be a comparable deal on Steam.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Aw man, I go away to play Beat Hazard for 20-30 minutes, and a new thread starts.

I posted this before I realised there was a new thread, so posting it again
    Know who else is classy? @Starmanbrand is classy. He just gifted me Payday! You rock, man!

I'll be up for multiplayer robbery, this game needs a PA group. Also, Minor Incident wins the world.

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    And to all the newish people on my friends list, I'm sorry if I haven't sent anything your way yet. I'm starting to have trouble keeping track of all the gifting.

I promise I'll hit up everyone I can, with an emphasis on those who have been awesome to me and other forumers.

• Options
    sigh how long do support tickets take with steam?

• Options
    Is the preferred gifting method to pick a random person in the thread and surprise them? Or use the Steam Gifts mechanism?

sig.gif

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    And to all the newish people on my friends list, I'm sorry if I haven't sent anything your way yet. I'm starting to have trouble keeping track of all the gifting.

I promise I'll hit up everyone I can, with an emphasis on those who have been awesome to me and other forumers.

Login to your damn Steam client so your wishlist updates, don't wanna doublegift anything!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:
    Is the preferred gifting method to pick a random person in the thread and surprise them? Or use the Steam Gifts mechanism?

You can also find a game you want to gift, and it'll show you everyone on your friendslist that has that game in their wishlist and pick someone from there, so you know they'll enjoy it if they've been looking forward to it.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Holy shit. D:

I got back from the hospital to find some much needed cheer from @Minor Incident and @Dr. Mark Sloan. Minor incident sent me Rage, freaking RAAAAAAGE?! And Sloan sent me Kane and Lynch 2 which I've weirdly bought 4 times already but never for myself :lol:

Thanks so much guys, I really needed the cheer. <3

edit: Skyrim?! You gifted Skyrim too?!! Damn MI, you're really going for it this year :^:

Big Classy on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I'm nervous, do I need a monocle and top hat to even post in here now?

I mean seriously, Skyrim? Damn.

Edit: Rage too? Be honest now, did you steal someone's credit card?

rndmhero on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    MI's Christmas cheer will destroy us all, also he needs to log into Steam and accept friend requests for no real reason

I, on the other hand, am the grinch who spent all of his spare cash removing feline testicles

• Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Thanks for all the continued feedback on Splinter Cell games in the last thread. I put Conviction on my Summer Sale 2012 list. I still have Alpha Protocol to play through and the games seem relatively similar in style.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Well it's obvious why the card was deactivated this time. If it were just normal games, the bank would be like "That's just what always happens" But then they look at a 60 dollar steam game, and a 30 dollar one and are like

"Whoa whoa whoa! A game that's NOT less than 10 bucks? Something's fishy here"

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Minor Incident should use some of his vast fortune to get my steam support ticket taken care of right away so I can continue with my meagre gifting

• Options
    a Ferreta Ferret 360 Dunk from Half Court Registered User regular
    I hope Witcher isn't so amazing that I beat myself up for weeks for not buying Witcher 2. Hopefully it'll be at least 50% for Christmas.

Battle.net Polite#1852 | 3DS 2681-0927-8518 | Steam
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    @minor incident, I yield. You have won. That's more class than I could ever hope to muster. You bastard!

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    The level of class in this thread is off the charts. I'm just going to burn my charts. I don't need them. They don't track classiness well at all anymore.

• Options

Login to your damn Steam client so your wishlist updates, don't wanna doublegift anything!

Haha, sorry. I'm on my phone. I've only received Spacechem, Hammerfight and Kane & Lynch 2. Otherwise the wish list is up to date. =]

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    The level of class in this thread is off the charts. I'm just going to burn my charts. I don't need them. They don't track classiness well at all anymore.

Also this is only a 5 day sale, just wait for the 2 week monstrosity at Christmas.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Has anyone ever had luck buying from a cell phone? Is there no steam app or mobile site?

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Minor Incident should use some of his vast fortune to get my steam support ticket taken care of right away so I can continue with my meagre gifting

Does the support team work on weekends? last time I submited a ticket on a weekend they only got back to me on monday. :?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Finally answered some friend requests. Sorry about taking so long, guys. You all rock. And yes, I love the shit out of Christmas.

• Options
    Sumanai wrote:

Does the support team work on weekends? last time I submited a ticket on a weekend they only got back to me on monday. :?

Damn. I can't believe I made such a simple but stupid mistake. I guess I'll have to hope it gets handled monday.

• Options

Also this is only a 5 day sale, just wait for the 2 week monstrosity at Christmas.

This sale is doing terrible things to me. I can't wait to see what I put myself through during the Xmas sale.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular

This sale is doing terrible things to me. I can't wait to see what I put myself through during the Xmas sale.
    I'm guessing your generosity will be measured in how many times per day your card gets deactivated.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Thanks to @mere_immortal for gifting me Serious Sam The Random Encounter!

Another classy gent, @Maddoc PM'd me a gift because he's awesome. Maddoc - what was the game? I can't redeem it on my phone, and the URL gives no indication.

Regardless, they're both gentlemen of the highest order!

• Options
    Dear friends, starting to add you all on friends list on Steam. My Steam ID is Ign1t0r, so you know who on PA is sending you the request. Looking forward to surprising you gents.

sig.gif

• Options

Another classy gent, @Maddoc PM'd me a gift because he's awesome. Maddoc - what was the game? I can't redeem it on my phone, and the URL gives no indication.

Ah, hold up, now that you accepted my friend request I'll just resend it to you directly.

• Options
    heenato wrote:

I'm guessing your generosity will be measured in how many times per day your card gets deactivated.

Three times so far during the Autumn Sale. I fear I may hit 10 during Christmas.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Thanks to iolo who was awesome enough to get me the overlord pack. I think overlord wins the prize for "game I've almost bought myself your pc or 360 the most times"!

• Options
    Maddoc wrote:

Ah, hold up, now that you accepted my friend request I'll just resend it to you directly.

Holy shit! It was Dragon Age Origins! I played part 2 and have always meant to pick up the first one. You didn't have to, but you did, and that makes you awesome!

• Options
    I have a limited gift budget this time around, so I figured the most economical option was to gift you a game that could last over a hundred hours.

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Maddoc wrote:
    MI's Christmas cheer will destroy us all, also he needs to log into Steam and accept friend requests for no real reason

I, on the other hand, am the grinch who spent all of his spare cash removing feline testicles

Was that on a really expensive knife, or did you actually go to a vet?

Lord_Snot on
  • Options
    Woo! @Lord_Snot just sent me Serious Sam Double D. You rock, buddy!