As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fantasy NBA Slow draft 2011 draft thread-Yup, slow

• Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote:
    i know that team is already big-heavy but Chris Kaman needs to man the 5 spot

Kaman's not just weird-looking, he's just weird period. His nickname on the team is K-Pax. Earlier this year he tweeted that he was buying guns to prepare for the Rapture, then posted.
    2.jpg

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I guess hoping for Brook Lopez to last was extreme wishful thinking.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    I guess hoping for Brook Lopez to last was extreme wishful thinking.

I really had a tough time with that pick, but his scoring and blocks were just too much to pass up at that point. There's about 4-5 other players that I could really have lived with instead of him, and I fully expect to fly off the board this round - but I like the upside. If he stays then he gets a good full season of Deron Williams assists, and if he goes then he'll probably be one of the main options on whatever sorry team gets him.

• Options
    This seems to be where a lot of 2nd-tier PFs and Cs get bunched up. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't have gone guard-heavy early.

• Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
  • Options
    tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
    Let's roll the dice with Jrue Holiday:

jrue-holiday-2009-6-26-15-51-7.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    At least Wallace went a few picks after my choice, makes me feel better about agonizing over that so much. I was really inclined to snag him - well rounded and crazy amount of steals for his position. Just a little too old for my liking and I can't imagine a healthy Oden (lol) doing much but siphoning stats from him.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    DAVID LEE ROTH!
    kjiiefqtxz1sjkiz.jpg
    no
    DAVID LEE WROTH!
    David+Lee.jpg
    There we go
    lee-1.jpg

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Tyreke-Evans.jpg

prsd386_tyreke_evans_iconsmi.jpg

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    At least Wallace went a few picks after my choice, makes me feel better about agonizing over that so much. I was really inclined to snag him - well rounded and crazy amount of steals for his position. Just a little too old for my liking and I can't imagine a healthy Oden (lol) doing much but siphoning stats from him.
    He is out until "at least january." People have been saying that he was still limping at a recent ohio state game.

ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    pull yo pants back up

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Come on guys. This thread should not be dropping off page one.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    so close

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Welp

• Options
    cauld is the worst
    we should punish him with starbury

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    He hasn't checked the boards at all today. =/

• Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    Cauld you are fired.

• Options
    :(

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I was working all day, give me a couple minutes. Sorry!

• Options
    Cauld wrote:
    I was working all day, give me a couple minutes. Sorry!

unacceptable
    if the players can't work neither can you

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I will go with Serge Ibaka.

Here he is with colors and no shirt
    Serge_Ibaka-1.jpg

Here he is in T-Shirt
    Serge-Ibaka-Air-Congo3.png

Here he is wrestling with teammate Amare
    amare-stoudemire-serge-ibaka-2009-12-24-0-10-23.jpg

Cauld on
  • Options
    good pick.

ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    Good abs.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    serge ibaka was so dirty as like a 9th round pick last year. one week towards the end i think he got me like 22 blocks by himself

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    gonna punt free throws and take this guy
    andrew-bogut-elbow.jpg
    Andrew Bogut
    (please stay healthy)

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    picking right after bubba is irritating

I am convinced he's gonna take the guy I want

I was holding out hope ibaka would get to me, but oh well

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    both of these were on my short list of 3.

ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    there's still a lot of quality bigs on the board and i am hoping one makes it back to me!

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll take one of these two guys.

0603-getty-1.jpg

The one who's not an asshole.

bynum-300x225.jpg
    andrew_bynum_fouls_gerald_wallace.jpg

Oh.
    Well,.. um... the one who's an asshole, but at least he doesn't want to murder his own kids for being gay.

andrew-bynum.jpg

Andrew Bynum

I hope he can at least finish out his suspension before he gets injured again. Hopefully he's strengthened his joints with some kind of exclusive workout regimen.

celebritysweat_bynum200.jpg

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, ballsy pick. Tooooons of upside though.

And also, he's not THAT much of an asshole. Any sort of interview or interaction with him (and from watching basically his entire career) leads me to believe that the bullshit he pulled at the end of the Dallas series was not usual behavior.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    Beasley and Gerald Wallace beg to differ (Wallace in particular suffered broken ribs and a collapsed lung):

http://youtu.be/VU7RiLERJ-Y

http://youtu.be/VU7RiLERJ-Y

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Yeah, there are those. He's a big dude that does dumb shit which ends up being incredibly fucking dangerous. He'll play and act like a normal guy the vast majority of the time and then out of nowhere every once in a while he just fucks somebody up.

So I don't know, as odd as it is I don't think asshole really fits the kid, is all.

• Options
    Wow, ballsy pick. Tooooons of upside though.

And also, he's not THAT much of an asshole. Any sort of interview or interaction with him (and from watching basically his entire career) leads me to believe that the bullshit he pulled at the end of the Dallas series was not usual behavior.

Yeah he is. The Barea hit wasn't his first dirty one.

I'm hoping that either the suspension or the notoriety that came from the Barea hit calms him down a bit. Sorta like Kenyon Martin, who used to rack up flagrants until media attention and suspensions got him to rein it in. Or Ron Artest, who's been a pretty good citizen since that playoff series where he lost it and started chasing after Kobe. Usually the guys who stay dirty are the ones who don't get noticed, like Stockton. Bynum's been noticed.

Or if he still wants to play enforcer, he needs to learn from guys like Shaq and just go up and hit the guy with his chest. He'll still outweigh the other guy by 50-100 lbs, enough to disrupt their balance. Let the floor do all the actual damage, it's made of hardwood and can't be suspended.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Clipper fan picking a Laker? Yessss...Let the hate flow through you

• Options
    Oh, so he'd be nicer if he just learns sneakier ways to play dirty.

I'm just saying the dude doesn't have a sustained reputation as a dirty player because really it just comes out in these huge hits every now and then. Guy has as many flagrants in the last five seasons as Dirk, and fewer than Odom and a billion other players perceived as nice guys. Someone like Kenyon Martin has more than twice as many as Bynum!

Maybe I've de-railed the thread though, I'd be willing to move this discussion (if it's even worth having) to the other thread. Or we can just talk about it wherever while we wait a billion hours for the next pick.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Man would not have guessed bynum

now if you just take oden late you'll have the injured knee category locked up

I on the other hand, am gonna try and win personal fouls by picking this guy:

demarcus-cousins-goofy-ukbigbluenationwordpresscom.jpg

demarcus-cousins-kentucky-university-gestures-after-being-selected-the-sacramento-kings-the-fifth-overall-pick-the-2010-nba-draft-new-york.jpg

DeMarcus Cousins

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    jackisreal wrote:
    Clipper fan picking a Laker? Yessss...Let the hate flow through you

bynum is a magic

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Man, these picks are getting damn interesting right now.

• Options
    I had a tough time because I kinda didn't think he or another guy would get to me, but who knows, only like ten more picks until me again

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, so he'd be nicer if he just learns sneakier ways to play dirty.

I'm just saying the dude doesn't have a sustained reputation as a dirty player because really it just comes out in these huge hits every now and then. Guy has as many flagrants in the last five seasons as Dirk, and fewer than Odom and a billion other players perceived as nice guys. Someone like Kenyon Martin has more than twice as many as Bynum!

Maybe I've de-railed the thread though, I'd be willing to move this discussion (if it's even worth having) to the other thread. Or we can just talk about it wherever while we wait a billion hours for the next pick.

Just one final point from me, and then I'm willing to let it drop.

Those huge hits are what make Bynum a dirty player/asshole. A flagrant foul isn't necessarily a dirty hit. You can foul a guy hard without putting him in physical danger.

If somebody threw an elbow like that at somebody in the air where I play there would be a fight for sure, assuming the victim isn't already dead.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]