Options

[PATV] Penny Arcade: The Series s.3 ep.4 - Dr. Who’s On First (4th Panel)

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
edited December 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
pa_hero_pats_season3_ep04.png

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Bogey on

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    A two for one

These holiday deals are outstanding

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ShalokShalok Registered User new member
    Gabe please have a better excuse for not liking Dr Who than its British, if that is your attitude I don't expect you to be playing any non american title in future......

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    Doctor Who isn't good. It's however-long of prancing about in its own cheesiness, and it's likeable to the point of absurdity, but it isn't good by any objective means.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular

That holds true if one considers the matter of a television show being good to be objective, rather than subjective.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Series 5, the 2010 run of episodes of Doctor Who?

Outstanding TV right there. Grade A solid gold awesome series.

This year, not so much. But I'd say it was OK. Better than anything else on UK TV at the moment.

But yeah, Series 5 was basically the longest run of excellent episodes I have ever seen in a Sci Fi show. Usually you get like 2 or 3 and then a dud, but that year the good eps just kept coming.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    The camera work was terribly annoying in this one.

But I still enjoyed it.

"Halloweenian"

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    "Why do they look different?"

"How much do you want to know?"

"Not that much."

I've had that exchange with people more than once.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Trying not to imagine Gabe dressed as Bayonetta now.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Not invited to the party ooooOOOooooo!

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote:

His hair has been getting bigger...

• Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Shalok wrote: »
    Gabe please have a better excuse for not liking Dr Who than its British, if that is your attitude I don't expect you to be playing any non american title in future......

This is sufficiently reminiscent of the episode in which Gabe claimed that making fun of English was un-American that I really doubt that's his complete complaint. On the other hand, maybe that is his complaint!

Then what would you do?

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    LaemkralLaemkral Captain Punch King Chester, VARegistered User regular
    I also like that we get the idea origins for the actual Halloween strip at the same time! They're just bursting with ideas.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/10/31
    Return of the pirate and sexy nurse idea!!

Avatar courtesy of MKR, and the strip I appeared in.
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    I was disappointed that Jerry didn't like the sexy nurse idea at first blush. C'mon Jerry! Sexy nurse Gabe is comedy gold!

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Shalok wrote: »

This is sufficiently reminiscent of the episode in which Gabe claimed that making fun of English was un-American that I really doubt that's his complete complaint. On the other hand, maybe that is his complaint!

Then what would you do?

Probably, Gabe just has zero interest in the show and, as usual (constantly), he be trollin'. And the fruits of his trolling lay before us.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I was disappointed that Jerry didn't like the sexy nurse idea at first blush. C'mon Jerry! Sexy nurse Gabe is comedy gold!

Just like it was with the podcasts, they almost always return to one of their first ideas and use that for the current comic.

This one just got to skip a few days before becoming a comic itself.

KalTorak wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

His hair has been getting bigger...

Oh yeah, he could damn near pull it off the way that it should be done, but . . . augghh!

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I remember seeing a picture of Tycho in the bee costume floating around a few years ago...

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    GospreyGosprey Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I just assume he looks like this. I can't compute any other alternate appearance.

mr360l.jpg

Gosprey on
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    As a BTW...
    enhanced-buzz-8318-1300824162-0.jpg

halkun on
  • Options
    sroz0sroz0 Registered User regular
    its not look like doctor who at all