As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best free system imaging program?

143999143999 Tellin' yanot askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
So I'm about to do a nuke and pave on a home system that's been acting up, and it occurs to me that I should get something that'll spit out a "final" version of my clean installed OS/drivers/basic programs/etc. on command once I finish installing them. I'm not familiar enough with the options to make an informed decision - any suggestions?

8aVThp6.png
143999 on

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    is it win7?

if so windows built in system backup works very well, just go to control panel->backup and restore-> create a system image. than when you want to restore from this just insert a windows disk and select windows restore, than restore from your backup.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    Restoring a full system image won't fix any software problems you've been having... are you sure you want to format and put the same image back on?

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    No, he's going to format and make an image of the new, clean system so that in the future he can just restore the image rather than formatting and reinstalling.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I always recommend DriveSnapshot, it's a very small tool and does what it should. It is kinda old but still very much functional under Windows 7. Restoring a complete drive needs a bootable DOS medium, though.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    http://clonezilla.org/

I've always had the best results with clonezilla.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me