Options

Dear Leader of Best Korea is Dead

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    You can't say it's the only picture that exists when we clearly have another picture.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I know someone is just itching to do something to disrupt that funeral.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    This sure will be an interesting next couple of years for news from that region.

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    This is going to be a ridonkulous funeral.

I hope they allow access to the Western media for it.

I'm pumped for it.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    If wars were fought with mass synchronised marches/dance offs North Korea would rule us all.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The article was done 2 years ago. That other picture's newer. And scarier.

• Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:
    i have never seen team america

two words...

puppet

sex

Another reason Being John Malkovich is amazing

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Our best hope would have been if Kim Jong Un had been sent to school in a wealthier nation.

Although that hasn't worked out for Syria.

• Options
    EmruggsEmruggs Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote:
    dbrock270 wrote:
    Prohass wrote:
    How the fuck do you not GOOGLE that question before tweeting it?

[averageAmerican]DUUUUUUUUUUHWHAT'SASOUTHKOREAAAAAAA[/averageAmerican]

Well, from what the World Affairs class I took in my senior year in high school taught me, people don't know shit about world geography, they couldn't even place all the states in America on a map.

Thats the thing, I can get just not knowing, but being so aggressively ignorant, why would you want to LOOK stupid as well as be STUPID.

Because this is the internet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote:

i watched this on netflix it was wild

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    BusterK wrote:
    Duke 2.0 wrote:
    We may end up missing the dude. To his credit he didn't do anything stupid internationally without eventually backing off a bit. We can only hope his son has sense and no real drive to surpass his father.

Because man, that could really fuck up a ton of stuff.

No he actually did a lot of stupid shit
    Like all the time

Yes, but he was a known quantity and brought a measure of stability in his dealings and actions. He played a weird sort of brinkmanship, but it was still brinkmanship.

This makes more sense
    Though it has been my understanding that Kim Jong Il's actions showed he was deliberately trying to provoke incidents to start a war
    South Korea just wasn't having it
    As for now
    I truly believe thing will get better one way or another
    They just might get substantially worse before then

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Oh and guess what?

His son who's replacing him? Apparently the best of a bad situation.
    Kim's youngest son, Jong Un, was chosen in favor of his older brother, Jong Nam, who fell out of favor after a particularly embarrassing incident in Tokyo when he tried to go to Disneyland using a forged Dominican Republic passport with the Chinese name "Fat Bear."

Note: link is in Chinese so only go to it on something like IE, where it can be translated to English. Unless you can read Chinese, in which case I'm jealous. I've wanted to learn that for so long.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    team america is garbage. i don't hate the south park guys reflexively, but that movie is one giant douche / turd sandwich

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I would just like the opportunity to challenge Junior to a fistfight.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Stop linking cracked god damn it.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Scooter wrote:
    Artreus wrote:
    Politically, I think China would come in with the North. They have been involved in all the six party talks.

So they would do a bunch of talking at least.

Doubt they would intervene with any real military action though.

But then again, like most people here, I am fairly uninformed about the realities of the situation

Half* of North Korea's artillery is pointed at China

*Okay I'm not sure exactly how much but there's a lot

I'm going to repost this every time the "lol artillery" meme resurfaces.

Tossrock wrote:
    The whole "North Korean artillery would flatten Seoul" meme is largely unfounded.

Here's the high level pop-sci overview and here's the in depth gunsperg analysis

sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and guess what?

Kim's youngest son, Jong Un, was chosen in favor of his older brother, Jong Nam, who fell out of favor after a particularly embarrassing incident in Tokyo when he tried to go to Disneyland using a forged Dominican Republic passport with the Chinese name "Fat Bear."

Note: link is in Chinese so only go to it on something like IE, where it can be translated to English. Unless you can read Chinese, in which case I'm jealous. I've wanted to learn that for so long.

He was caught going to Eric Clapton concerts too, he went to school in Switzerland.

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    dbrock270 wrote:
    Oh and guess what?

He was caught going to Eric Clapton concerts too.

Eric Clapton was good at one point though, so I won't deduct sanity points from him for that.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I recently read this set of incredibly depressing and possibly exaggerated or fabricated set of interviews with a former guard, I think, from a facility where NK housed their political prisoners.

I think I need to find it after I get home from work.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So this guy from the BBC took a hidden camera into Best Korea last year I think.

he saw miles upon miles of barren wasteland where farmland used to be, people so desperate for food they eat dirt and tree roots.

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Oh and guess what?

Here's Chrome's translation of one paragraph:
    In 2001, Kim and a bunch of wearing Rolex watches, Louis Vuitton backpack carrying entourage trying to Tokyo Disneyland in Japan's Narita airport when arrested. Kim tried to use a forged Dominican Republic passport landing in Japan, the name on the passport, "fat bear" is a Chinese name. Subsequent investigation confirmed that this is not the first time he secretly entered Japan. Obviously the second half of 2000 he entered Japan at least three times. A Tokyo high-level club waitress remember where he had many times to enjoy the $ 350 / hour service, she remembers Kim's back like a dragon tattoo - tattoo taboo is the Confucian society, because such behavior is considered the destruction of the body. Today in South Korea, tattooed men are often considered members of criminal organizations.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So Colin Quinn decided to take the meta-route for jokes about this.
    I'm not going to joke about anybody dying!!! Kim Jong Il or Bin Laden. Who are we to judge who's good or evil? #benefitofthedoubt
    And people are flipping their shit, missing it.

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    So this guy from the BBC took a hidden camera into Korea last year I think.

he saw miles upon miles of barren wasteland where farmland used to be, people so desperate for food they eat dirt and tree roots.

fuckin

goddamn

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Stop linking cracked god damn it.

Look, Sweeney's just excitable by nature and then his mommy let him have too much juice with dinner so he's ally hyper on sugar right now.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    I'm not going to joke about anybody dying!!! Kim Jong Il or Bin Laden. Who are we to judge who's good or evil? #benefitofthedoubt

i don't get it

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    So this guy from the BBC took a hidden camera into Best Korea last year I think.

fuckin

goddamn

He saw people actually rebelling against the government, like people attacking barracks and checkpoints and stuff like that.

• Options
    Good thing I'm not in South Korea

Or have tattoos

I'd be in jail otherwise

Also, holy shit $350/hour service

• Options

fuckin

goddamn

He saw people actually rebelling against the government, like people attacking barracks and checkpoints and stuff like that.

link?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Well shits about to get way more volatile around there

• Options

fuckin

goddamn

link?

I'll try to find it, it was on the BBC World Service website at least a year ago.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    much appreciated

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    I am prepared to call this a net positive
    Besides the fact that this guy was a big league asshole
    It has been my understanding that the situation as it was, was untenable
    So any change is for the better
    Even if things get worse those things getting worse can be the catalyst for things getting better
    At least that's my two cents

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    So:

Ahmadinejad

Sudden death on Christmas, or New Year's Eve?

I say Christmas, because so far Osama and Jong Il have been announced dead on a Sunday night, and Christmas is next Sunday

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

i don't get it

It's a dumb joke built around shock factor on fake holier-than-thou stuff. But instead of telling him the joke is dumb, people are mad at him as if it was a serious statement.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So:

Ahmadinejad

I say Christmas, because so far Osama and Jong Il have been announced dead on a Sunday night, and Christmas is next Sunday

Maybe he'll pull a Hitler.

Edit - WAIT I just realized this could mean a ton of bad shit. I mean kill himself!

Henroid on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    Ubik wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

i don't get it

It's a dumb joke built around shock factor on fake holier-than-thou stuff. But instead of telling him the joke is dumb, people are mad at him as if it was a serious statement.

well then let me say

that "joke" is dumb

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Henroid wrote:
    So:

Ahmadinejad

Edit - WAIT I just realized this could mean a ton of bad shit. I mean kill himself!

Good thing you edited that

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    So:

Ahmadinejad

Ahmadinejad doesn't matter at all what the fuck are you people on about?

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    much appreciated

I'm having trouble finding, if I stumble upon it at some point I'll shoot you a link.