As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adobe Flash/Safari problems

SamSam Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I made a thread earlier about this in G&T which went ignored. Anyway long story short flash won't work in safari no matter how many times I try reinstalling. After looking around a little bit I found one possible cause- under internet plugins in my library folder, there's a macromedia folder which holds a flash player folder- but there's only a txt. file in there, and all that says is the version number (which is the latest)

Is that my problem? I can't say because there is no flash player program, at least not for OS X- only an installer.
And like I said it won't install in Safari for some reason.

Sam on

• Options
    edited February 2007
    i'll just bump this once, if still no replies i guess ill have to accept safari is gone.

Sam on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Huh, that's odd. It should definitely work in Safari... I assume you've already tried trashing/moving the folder before you run the installer? Also, make sure Safari isn't running when you do it.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yes, I did all that.
    It looks like it doesn't even install to that folder. I have no idea where it installs the plugin :/

I wish I could reinstall it or something but Apple only has a link to a 2004 version (they're on crack or something with the useless old "updates" on the site)

Sam on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Did you try the updater on adobe's site? That was updated in november.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    Did you try the updater on adobe's site? That was updated in november.

Yeah, that's the one that doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Sam on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    If you're on an intel machine, this might help.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    PowerPC :(

Sam on
  • Options
    supabeastsupabeast Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Here's the $64,000 question—what happened to break the install of Flash for OS X that was installed in the first place?

Anyway, why not just try nuking Safari and reinstalling it from the discs that came with your Mac, or your OS X install disc?

supabeast on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    there was a site that said I needed to update my flash player to view video content. i clicked on their thing and it's been like that ever since.

Sam on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Fixed. Turned out Flash needed to be reinstalled, not Safari.
    What's weird is that it says all these files (java, shockwave) are under my internet plugins folder, but I don't see anything in there when I look in the finder.

To install individual programs from the disk, you need a program called Pacifist. (www.charlessoft.com)

Well I'm getting the hell off firefox and back to safari. :D

Sam on