As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[website bug?]Main site seems to be down.

expendableexpendable Silly GooseRegistered User regular
Anytime I try to access the main PA site, I get
Site Error: Unable to Load Site Preferences; No Preferences Found

I first noticed it about two hours ago. Though the store still seems to be accessible.

Djiem wrote: »
Lokiamis wrote: »
So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
Steam
expendable on

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Might be due to heavy load thanks to the Ocean Marketing story. I imagine PA is getting a lot of hits from from those emails.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Barrakketh wrote:
    Might be due to heavy load thanks to the Ocean Marketing story. I imagine PA is getting a lot of hits from from those emails.

Just googled the story, as I had no idea what you were talking about. That makes sense to me; I wouldn't have bothered Tube or anybody else with the post had I known something like that had happened.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    expendable wrote:
    Barrakketh wrote:

Just googled the story, as I had no idea what you were talking about. That makes sense to me; I wouldn't have bothered Tube or anybody else with the post had I known something like that had happened.

Yeah, you wouldn't really have known unless you happened to catch a post about it on the forums or actually got on the page to see it. I didn't know until I saw someone posting about the email in a forum thread and tried to get to the page. Though I will say it would not surprise me if Ocean decided to "hack" the website by trying to flood the traffic or something given how the story has gone. And if so it would just make my opinion of them even lower, if that's even possible now.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote:
    expendable wrote:
    Barrakketh wrote:

Yeah, you wouldn't really have known unless you happened to catch a post about it on the forums or actually got on the page to see it. I didn't know until I saw someone posting about the email in a forum thread and tried to get to the page. Though I will say it would not surprise me if Ocean decided to "hack" the website by trying to flood the traffic or something given how the story has gone. And if so it would just make my opinion of them even lower, if that's even possible now.

Given what I've seen of the Ocean guy, he probably wouldn't know how to hack his way out of a something something easy to hack something.

The story's up on Reddit's front page, etc. is all. That'll put some strain on your site.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    143999 wrote:
    Gonmun wrote:
    expendable wrote:
    Barrakketh wrote:

Given what I've seen of the Ocean guy, he probably wouldn't know how to hack his way out of a something something easy to hack something.

The story's up on Reddit's front page, etc. is all. That'll put some strain on your site.

But he knows people. Like the mayor. Maybe they could get it done :P

But yeah, you're probably right. Just a large amount of traffic because of how the story has travelled over the past few hours.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    It's amusing that the forums, which is usually the weak link in an internet besiegement, is working flawlessly. Thumbs up to the Vanilla guys!

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    what happen?

the web site has been kidnapped by ninjas?

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Heh, to top it off the story (and thus PA) is on Slashdot's main page.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru