As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG] Game (Base) 25: Back to BASICs! CYLON Victory by Fuel loss!

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    1 - I agree with Camacho.
    2 - That's what I was planning on doing on my turn. Hopefully my draw will be able to provide some help there. (I'm a little fuzzy on space combat, this is my first time playing a pilot
    3 - I worry about the base star because we have no readily available Repair draw in the event it lands blows.
    4 - Tower, this is Ghost Rider. Permission to buzz the tower.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    CamachoCamacho Five-time Ultimate Smackdown Champion Registered User regular
    i wouldnt worry about the repair

1st how often does the basestar shoot?
    2nd when it shoots there's only 62,5 % chance that it hits
    3rd I don't have any repair-card right now, (writing this is not against the secrecy rule right?) but an XO will give me two draws where one of the cards most likely is gonna be a repair card

Gaius Baltar in artadius's BSG Game 25
  • Options
    artadiusartadius Registered User regular
    Camacho wrote:
    i wouldnt worry about the repair

1st how often does the basestar shoot?
    2nd when it shoots there's only 62,5 % chance that it hits
    3rd I don't have any repair-card right now, (writing this is not against the secrecy rule right?) but an XO will give me two draws where one of the cards most likely is gonna be a repair card

1. Any time Basestar Attack is the Cylon Activation on Crisis cards. I don't know this percentage... it is one of four different types of cylon activations. It is not one of the most numerous though so I suspect its around 15-20%.

3. Yeah, outside of skill checks, you can mention that you have a specific type of card (though you still shouldn't talk values).

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    1digitalranger11digitalranger1 Registered User regular
    Ok lee go make raider soup
    play 2-executive order on lee

Negative ghostrider the pattern is full

playing Adama on BSG game 25
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    In the absence of 4 being a real option, I think 2 looks the best.

• Options
    May be better to head stern (rear) then if they activate you can move and fire your turn and not have the chance to be shot down

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Ok lee go make raider soup
    play 2-executive order on lee

Negative ghostrider the pattern is full

Penumbra: You may make a Move + Action OR 2x Actions.

As this is your first time playing a Pilot... when piloting a Viper, obviously a Move = flying to one adjacent space or discarding a card to move to another ship (Galactica / Colonial One). Action = play an action card OR activate your Viper. When activating your Viper it can be to move to an adjacent space or firing at a ship in your space.

artadius on
    Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    I'll move from section 6 to section 5. I don't believe I have an action to take?

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Penumbra wrote:
    I'll move from section 6 to section 5. I don't believe I have an action to take?

You could activate your raider to move again from 5 to 4.
    Moving and Actions when Piloting
    While a character is piloting a viper, his player still takes his
    turn as normal. During his Movement step, he may move the
    viper to an adjacent space area or move his character back
    to a location (see “Moving From a Viper” below).

In addition to the normal things that a player may do during
    his Action step (for example, play a Skill Card), he may also
    choose to activate his viper (to move again or attack).

artadius on
    Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Sorry I missed the discussion earlier, but I think you made the right call. I can't do much with the quorum yet anyway.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    I will use my action to move from 5 to 4 and complete my executive order.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Admiral Adama gets on the horn, "Apollo, Galactica Actual. Punch it to Delta Sector and cover those Civilians. They're sitting ducks out there."

Apollo Moves and Activates to move from Sector 6 to Sector 4.

Colonel Tigh approaches the Admiral, "Bill, what about that Raider we captured? We could tear it apart and maybe upgrade our avionics with some Cylon technology... but the frakkin' thing might be booby-trapped for all we know. Need you to make the call on this one."
    Analyze Enemy Fighter - 7PB

Current Player (1digitalranger1) Chooses: Pass: Repair 1 destroyed raptor; Fail: -1 population; OR Roll a die. If 4 or lower, -1 population and the current player discards 2 Skill Cards.

Activate Raiders || +1 Jump Prep

1digitalranger1: Your choice? Skill check or the dice roll?
    (Remember, Adama's turn so all 1 value skill cards would count positive in a skill check regardless of their color. Also note that the fleet currently does not have any destroyed Raptors so Passing will give no benefit other than not hitting failure penalties.)

artadius on
    Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I couldn't help with this at all. Do we want to risk the dice roll or can others help?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• Options
    If any one else can muster a scouting mission later ill be able to add two cards to the mix as I would discard two anyways but would still need a little help to pass and destiny I think is stacked aginst this one unless someone spike the last one with a blue there's only one blue and maybe a purple I say roll it
    What say u you swavy dogs!!

• Options
    Oh that's right fleet captain not pirate

• Options
    I don't have anything to help here, sorry.

• Options
    Adama has chosen the OR -> Dice Roll: If 4 or lower, -1 population and the current player discards 2 Skill Cards.

Looking for Strategic Planning as an interrupt. I'll ping relevant parties.

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Adding my Strategic Planning

And on a side note, i could have helped with the skillcheck since i have 1 blue card and the purple strategic planning that was just played.

Camacho on
  • Options
    Camacho adds his 4 - Strategic Planning

Crisis dice roll. StratPlanned.: 1d8+2 3 = Failed!

The Fleet loses 1 Population (11/12) and 1digitalranger1 must discard 2 skill cards. He chooses to discard 2 - Executive Order and 1 - Launch Scout.

Cylon Activations:

Raiders Activate. The Raiders in Sector 2 move towards the nearest Civilian ships and fly to Sector 3!

Jump Prep:

The Fleet gains +1 Jump Prep

NOTE! The previous crisis was a no Jump Prep crisis... and I stated that upon showing the crisis information. However, when I resolved it, I still credited you folks with a Jump Prep mistakenly. That is now fixed as I am not crediting the Jump Prep from this crisis. The Fleet is currently at Red 1 (The first red slot on the jump prep track).

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    Turn 1.3 - Apollo (Penumbra)

Penumbra: I'll need your optional draw before we can move. Soon as I have that, I'll update the board (prefer to do board updates after skill card draws so that folks can refer back to it that crisis step to see how many cards everyone currently has).

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Penumbra draws 1 Tactics, 2 Piloting, and 2 Leadership.

Board:

68bm86.jpg

Penumbra: Move+Action

artadius on
    Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    What do we think: Move and fire on the raiders or issue some orders and let them come to me?

• Options
    my vote is to order someone, baltar or I could put two more vipers in the air at a min, the president can work the senate, or we could put one more bird in the air then provide you with a wingman

• Options
    No movement. Play 2 - Executive Order on Rosalin.

• Options
    Alright, I'm probably just going to Quorum but let me check my options.

• Options
    So it looks like I could only activate the President's Office once anyway because of my Terminal Illness (cough cough) so I may play a card to get me some more cards and then activate the Quorum and potentially play the card I get. Thoughts on that?

• Options
    I think your title allows you to do it without discarding you could use the two actions to. Draw then play or draw again without discarding

• Options
    Whatever you do, just make sure you have an XO for Apollo come your turn

• Options
    Good call you guys, forgot about the President's ability.

First action: Activate the Presidency to draw a Quorum Card.

Will wait for my draw to use my other action.

• Options
    Penumbra wrote:
    No movement. Play 2 - Executive Order on Rosalin.

You didnt have that card, but you do have a 1 - Executive Order so you can play that one.

Roslin (Cayrus) uses the President's Title action to draw a Quorum card.

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    Got a good one for later, so I'll see what else I can get.

Second action: Activate the Presidency to draw a Quorum Card.

• Options
    Got one pretty good one and one meh one. I think that ends the XO, correct?

• Options
    Yep, sorry, just a hectic day around the house. Have not had much time to progress things here.

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    Apollo's Crisis Step:
    Terrorist Investigations - 12(6)YG
    Pass: Current player looks at 1 random Loyalty Card belonging to any player; 6+: No effect; Fail: -1 morale

Activate Heavies || + Jump Prep

Interrupts: Looking for Investigative Committee and/or Scientific Research.

Please do not play any cards into the skill check yet. Polling for the above interrupts first.

Moderating BSG Game 25
  • Options
    While we're waiting on interrupts, how do we want to proceed? I think this would be a good check to pass, but my contributions would not be amazingly strong.

• Options
    Yes any time we can look at loyalty cards is good we should do what we can to pass

• Options
    While I would love to pass this, I can help very little.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    My ability to help with this is slim to none, sorry.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm gonna play an investigate committee to make sure we get to at least 6+.

I think we should see what destiny has for us before we commit to a strategy. In any case I can help a lot, but I can't do it alone.

If Apollo gets to look at someones loyalty I would suggest he looks at the admiral's. I think a cylon admiral can do more damage than a cylon president right now...Not that we can use or trust the information that Apollo will give us...

Camacho on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Baltar (Camacho) plays 3 - Investigative Committee

All cards will now be played face up during the skill check (and remember, since this is the base game, destiny will be face up as well).

The interrupt phase is over, we begin the skill check. And since an Investigative Committee has been played, we'll play this in normal turn order (listed below).
    Terrorist Investigations - 12(6)YG
    Pass: Current player looks at 1 random Loyalty Card belonging to any player; 6+: No effect; Fail: -1 morale

Activate Heavies || + Jump Prep

Destiny: 1 - Launch Scout, 3 - Maximum Firepower
    Roslin (Cayrus): ??
    Helo (BobCesca): ??
    Baltar (Camacho): ??
    Adama (1digitalranger1): ??
    Apollo (Penumbra): ??

Current Tally: -1 -3 = -4 - FAIL.

Cayrus, you're up to play cards

artadius on
    Moderating BSG Game 25